The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Another deadline for us to focus on. I don’t get how Kirchner can be held to that deadline IF the stories about independent financial checks being the hold up are true. 
I still feel Quantuma should issue some sort of public statement, rather than everything breaking through the media. Put a paragraph out through the club’s website and social media as a courtesy.

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How feckin amateur all round.

Quantuma are supposed to be expert administrators and Kirchner is supposedly a high powered businessman.

Not knowing that opening a brand new account and buying a football club with the funds deposited would cause alarm bells to ring with the money laundering squad is totally second rate. You'd have thought someone within either rank would have raised the point that it might cause a delay at best. God knows they're raking enough in on the back of this misery. 

What's their hourly rate again?

Edited by JoetheRam

Quantuma now have a massive headache.  

The thing which will kill this club is not being in a professional league. It's the golden share which comprises virtually all of the club's value. No one is going to pay more than a few thousand for a leaguless Derby County. 

Quantuma simply have to ensure we are able to start next season - it doesn’t matter too much, in this context, whether it's League 1 or 2, or at a real push the Conference. The alternative is oblivion. 

There must be a cut off date for when we have officially to be included. I seem to remember something about the end of next week, but whenever it actually is, it's the real deadline.

I understand that it is within the regulations that we can start the season still in adminstration. I believe that the big stumbling block is the need to show a plan with sufficient cash flow to be able to finish the season. Obviously, only having a 5 man squad is an issue, but the EFL softened the embargo to enable limited recruitment last season - I dare say we'd be allowed to add enough cheap players to cobble together a bare bones squad.

The problem is that getting organised for a super economy season by selling a couple of players, closing everything that isn't essential to the first team,  having a whip round of fans and borrowing enough to last until ticket sales begin will take a while to arrange. 

Effectively, the administrators need to decide when to hit the panic button. The only alternative is a Kirchner deal - Ashley or Appleby might well be able to move quickly, but it won't be sorted in 10 (ish) days to keep the league place, so there wouldn't be a club to sell.

They will want to give Kirchner the maximum possible time to complete because the alternative is itself going to de-value the club. No academy, no Moor Farm, no Jason Knight, no Rams TV etc.

I suppose that it might be possible to borrow the required funds from the new bidder, but it's not the most likely of scenarios.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I swear with every statement it just leaves more questions unanswered. So once 5pm hits is the Kirchner deal off completely or can he continue to try and get it sorted whilst Quantuma are agreeing deals with other parties? Have Quantuma begun discussions with other interested parties now or is it the 5pm deadline that triggers that?

45 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Clearly none of us want the club to be liquidated.

I can understand people wanting Ashley rather than us being wound up. I do myself.

But a vocal group seem to prefer Ashley to CK, even without this latest delay.

What I don't understand is why the Appleby consortium isn't the second to CK or even the first choice for folks.

Because MA has a track record of getting deals done at the last minute that why I have no interest in Appleby. The clock is ticking towards liquidation we are running out of time and options. At this moment in time I would take Kebab man selling Forest and buying us if he could get the deal done in next 24hrs. 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Another deadline for us to focus on. I don’t get how Kirchner can be held to that deadline IF the stories about independent financial checks being the hold up are true. 
I still feel Quantuma should issue some sort of public statement, rather than everything breaking through the media. Put a paragraph out through the club’s website and social media as a courtesy.

Why didn't an American businessman anticipate the checks for moving large sums of money needed to buy a football club?

2 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

How feckin amateur all round.

Quantuma are supposed to be expert administrators and Kirchner is supposedly a high powered businessman.

Not knowing that opening a brand new account and buying a football club with the funds deposited would cause alarm bells to ring with the money laundering squad is totally second rate. You'd have thought someone within either rank would have raised the point that it might cause a delay at best. God knows they're raking enough in on the back of this misery.

You're right, perhaps CK should have used his old Derbyshire Building Society junior savings account, or the HSBC super saver account he set up in 2018, 'just in case'

13 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Thanks for the update. Our daughter, son-in-law and two grand children are with us. They live just outside Mold and they are absolutely delighted by your weather report from home ???

Hehe, my pleasure! Good news is that it looks like sunny intervals with a strong breeze and 18c max tomorrow, take that all day long??

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why didn't an American businessman anticipate the checks for moving large sums of money needed to buy a football club?

It's completely immaterial, as whether they knew or didn't know it was going to happen, he was going to have to deposit the money at some point to the created company, which was going to require checks. Completely unavoidable. 

48 minutes ago, Andicis said:

They aren't bloody miracle workers Roy. None of this is the fault of Quantuma, and they are doing their duty. If Mike Ashley wanted to buy Derby as much as you want him to, maybe he should have made a less rubbish offer? 

This is what MA does, no surpise there, he's going to shaft the creditors, done it for years. To say that Q is not at fault is pushing it a bit far. if the yank buying Chelsea can do a bank xfer for 2.5 bn surely 30 odd mill should not be too tricky.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

So he doesn't have until tomorrow to actually complete it, he just has to give 'satisfactory evidence.' The other parties have been spoken to 'as a contingency.' It's clear that Kirchner is the best bid and I hope it happens.

Also it says the “number of outstanding issues” as of 16/05/22 have been resolved. What do people think that could mean? Stadium deal is done? Payment plan to creditors agreed? 

4 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

This is what MA does, no surpise there, he's going to shaft the creditors, done it for years. To say that Q is not at fault is pushing it a bit far. if the yank buying Chelsea can do a bank xfer for 2.5 bn surely 30 odd mill should not be too tricky.

These deals are incomparable and it's foolish to attempt to. Completely different magnitude.