The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

I’m struggling to be positive about a potential Ashley takeover. With his wealth he could have bought us in December prior to selling all our better players and we could possibly have added to the squad to give us a better chance of staying up?! I know he buys failing businesses for the lowest price but surely the outlay (even in December) would have been minimal if we then got promoted to the Premier League and what the value of the club would have been then?

Well said. I don't think MA cares about us as a club at all, just wants to buy a team at a knock down price to have a stadium named sports direct arena

Bear in mind, that tonight at 6 pm on Radio Derby, there is another episode of pre-recorded Derby County Story - so anyone anticipating another hour of updates, conjecture or actual statements from such a Q, Kirchner or the corralled clique of administration 'experts' and journo-bloggers, will be disappointed.

No surprise there.

F.F.S. :

FANS. WANT. ANSWERS.

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's not often I am right about this kind of stuff - and it could be argued that it was fairly obvious - but even so, I am going to claim any prize for my prediction this morning.

Now, I will play "double or quits".....

I predict that tomorrow will be "make or break" as far as CK's bid is concerned and that we will hear about it. Initially from many different sources and then, finally, around 4:30pm from Quantuma themselves. I just hope it will be positive news.

Are you seriously expecting no puns tomorrow?

31 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

What he does is on his conscience not mine, but if he eventually sold our club to them i would be finished football and ive loved the rams since th 60,s so that would be hard to do, but football is not as enjoyable now. Too much playacting, rolling about in agony when nothing wrong with them. Dosnt bother me not being in the prem as long as we watch  the team and coaching staff and fans all together like last season, and i cant see that with MA, but thats only my opinion and i realise that which you dont seem to do.

Hmm. Sorry but I can’t really see the moral difference between MA selling Newcastle to the Saudis,  and CK playing in a Saudi sponsored golf tournament. 

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Between Nixon, Dawes and Percy I think it’s relatively straightforward to navigate what’s currently happening.

Exclusivity should have ended yesterday, with Ashley and Appleby being interested in refreshing bids. Admins have extended the exclusivity to process the funds but are open to that ending of the money isn’t forthcoming soon.

Personally, and maybe less straightforward.  I think Nixon is annoyed he’s lost the narrative. He held back the info about exclusivity ending which allowed Dawes in on what was a pretty big development. Ed took it and ran with it, releasing info that Kirchner’s side probably didn’t want to be released publicly.  Nixon has then spent the best part of the last couple of days trying to claw it back, to the point he went on talksport at 6.30 this morning letting more info out then he would usually write in the paper.

Everyone’s narrative is somewhat correct, but I do think Nixon held back an important bit of info Derby fans needed to know and has been caught out because of it 

I heard Ed Dawes live releasing the news about exclusivity. I went on Twitter immediately and found that John Percy had released the same news 2 minutes earlier. Unless I am missing something, Nixon has not said that CK exclusivity is withdrawn.

1 minute ago, sage said:

Becayse the money came via a traditional business source, not crypto currency 

All 5 billion? It must have had some question marks considering that there would have been a lot of checks on the individuals and their sources of funds in this combined consortium.

8 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

How come Chelsea's consortium which cost 5 billion pounds, went though rather seamlessly. That must have had all sorts of anti-money laundering checks. You didn't hear of any doubts on that.

Something to do with how much Chelsea make in taxes and worldwide appeal to help the government make a bit more coin... oh and probably a load of tory pockets stuffed full of cash to get Abramovich out of there with minimal hassle.

10 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

I’m struggling to be positive about a potential Ashley takeover. With his wealth he could have bought us in December prior to selling all our better players and we could possibly have added to the squad to give us a better chance of staying up?! I know he buys failing businesses for the lowest price but surely the outlay (even in December) would have been minimal if we then got promoted to the Premier League and what the value of the club would have been then?

So could Kirchner.

They both faced the same problems in the sale didn't they?

1 minute ago, Arsene Titman said:

I heard Ed Dawes live releasing the news about exclusivity. I went on Twitter immediately and found that John Percy had released the same news 2 minutes earlier. Unless I am missing something, Nixon has not said that CK exclusivity is withdrawn.

We simply don’t know ?‍♂️

Just now, JPRamFan said:

All 5 billion? It must have had some question marks considering that there would have been a lot of checks on the individuals and their sources of funds in this combined consortium.

Yes, it was a loan.

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

Something to do with how much Chelsea make in taxes and worldwide appeal to help the government make a bit more coin... oh and probably a load of tory pockets stuffed full of cash to get Abramovich out of there with minimal hassle.

Sorry, not buying that.

it must either be because of the extra caution due to the crypto link or the fact the money hasn’t actually been sent yet.

We don't know what's happening and we will all be relieved to be hopefully talking about football again one day soon.....but what we do know is.....the delay is not good...we need this done and completed to have any chance of recruiting the players Rooney wants and to give us a chance in league 1....hope it gets sorted very quickly ?

3 hours ago, Topram said:

No statement still is an absolute joke, the fact that Ashley is quite willingly going to make a deal and they are just ignoring him, someone high up doesn’t want him

There are a lot low down that don’t want him as well.

6 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Hmm. Sorry but I can’t really see the moral difference between MA selling Newcastle to the Saudis,  and CK playing in a Saudi sponsored golf tournament. 

Yes, but i did say if we were eventually sold to them i would not go anymore. You dont mind ashley treating his staff like s- - - then, you wouldnt mind him being your boss.

9 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Yes, but i did say if we were eventually sold to them i would not go anymore. You dont mind ashley treating his staff like s- - - then, you wouldnt mind him being your boss.

Think you’ve missed the point of my reply