The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

That doesn't mean you abandon certain moral principles. There's a difference between Mike Ashley (willing to conduct unethical business practices to get a better deal and make quick buck) and regimes that commit gross human rights violations who treat their 'citizens' as 'subjects' who have no guaranteed rights or protections from systematic abuse. 

Didn’t stop Ashley’s “principles” taking Saudi Arabian money though did it ?

3 minutes ago, inter politics said:

If Kirchner can prove to the EFL and Quantuma it is being held up due to such checks, I think they will be okay with that but the concern could be what if these checks find any major problems

A good point.

Reminder Erik Alonso showed funds but then couldn't move them to a UK account to prove it was his money.

4 minutes ago, inter politics said:

If Kirchner can prove to the EFL and Quantuma it is being held up due to such checks, I think they will be okay with that but the concern could be what if these checks find any major problems

Question for the Forum. Shouldn’t these financial checks, have been completed way before the completion date and Q would have insisted on that. CK could have then parked the money in a UK account ready for transfer on the said date, or am I being too simplistic?

Just now, hintonsboots said:

Question for the Forum. Shouldn’t these financial checks, have been completed way before the completion date and Q would have insisted on that. CK could have then parked the money in a UK account ready for transfer on the said date, or am I being too simplistic?

you cannot do a transactional check until doing the transaction!

6 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

How much time do people think Ed Dawes has spent verifying his information?

He said this morning that he had been up all night and for 2 days before, talking to people close to the club who were knowledgeable. I would think that being the Derby Rams commentator on the radio he would have his finger on the pulse at all times. Sports scene Talk in tonight at 6pm should be interesting.

Edited by Miggins

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you cannot do a transactional check until doing the transaction!

So if CK had decided to transfer £20 million from the US to a savings account with the Derbyshire building society, this wouldn’t count as a transaction? It is only checked when a commercial deal occurs?

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Ashley should have been first choice all along. Everyone knows he's got the funds. He's got past experience running a club.

It's obvious the only reason he wasn't picked is because Mel/Quantuma want an unrealistic amount of money and keep trusting these dodgy characters out of desperation.

If the deal collapses we won't have time to complete another one. Rooney will go. If we're not kicked out the league entirely we'll highly likely get relegated to League 2 next season.

£20m is not an unrealistic amount for the ground.

The amount for the creditors is already defined if we want to avoid a points deduction.

Ashley just wants us on the cheap. 

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

So if CK had decided to transfer £20 million from the US to a savings account with the Derbyshire building society, this wouldn’t count as a transaction? It is only checked when a commercial deal occurs?

That, I wouldn't know to be honest. I was responding to the suggestion that money-laundering checks should've been done way in advance.

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

A transaction is a transaction. It would still likely to have been flagged for investigation. 

I once had a transaction of £600 stopped by HSBC while they checked it wasn’t fraud! And that was a right ball ache to sort out. 

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

It would still get checked.  If you're moving a significant chunk of money between any 2 locations, especially if it's across international borders, it's going to get checked. What I presume was being said is that you can't get the money "pre-cleared" or anything, the checks get done when the money actually moves.

8 minutes ago, tinman said:

A transaction is a transaction. It would still likely to have been flagged for investigation. 

I once had a transaction of £600 stopped by HSBC while they checked it wasn’t fraud! And that was a right ball ache to sort out. 

Did it take a year to sort out

38 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Do you know that the oil/ petrol in your transport is probably Saudi or the home you live in is heated possibly from a despot not to mention a nice shopping trip owned by the same type of people - moral principles should be best served by the blind whilst those with vision turn away or not acknowledge reality. 

I would say there is a difference between being locked into an economic act i.e., doibg things that are factored into the world economy and are structured to the point you struggle to avoid such as driving a car or heating your house and making choices to interact with and give validation to terrible regimes such as Saudi Arabia.