The Administration Thread

Boycie

I’m happy with CK. I trust his comments and insistences until there is other credible evidence. 

just looking forward to next season and hoping we keep enough of the group together to give the competition something to think about. Roll on the next 48 hours so we can get down to the real business of playing football. I’ve got my ST money ready in the piggy bank. Can’t wait to spend it and can’t wait for this thread to officially close. Are we going to have a ceremony and a symbolic burning of the great tome that this is ? It’s so long I’ve forgotten the title .. Something like character assassination and accountancy guesswork theories on fiscal mismanagement  .. for dummies. (Including me ) 

Yes it's a vanity project not a return on investment business move.

The punitive EFL business plan is agreed and in place so we'll be austerity football for three years regardless.

In terms of future plans, who knows, but I do not see bank rolling to upper echelons of the game being on the cards. Being sensibly run (e.g. CK covers loses of a few million a year in the championship).

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes it's a vanity project not a return on investment business move.

The punitive EFL business plan is agreed and in place so we'll be austerity football for three years regardless.

In terms of future plans, who knows, but I do not see bank rolling to upper echelons of the game being on the cards. Being sensibly run (e.g. CK covers loses of a few million a year in the championship).

Once we’re on a sound footing financially under CK didn’t he suggest that he will welcome investors into the club in due course?

Yes we won’t see the Mel type spending but quite rightly a more responsible transfer policy as the football club is obviously a business.

6 hours ago, rsmini said:

How many English clubs do not own the stadium they play in, or even the land it sits on? 

I can start with 3. Man City and West Ham lease the stadiums. Plus I believe the council own the land the City Ground is built on 

Add in Newcastle, Mike ashley lovers please note, even PSG . Plenty lease their stadia including arsenal Burnley Brighton and of course Chelsea 

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Think they're around the $90 mill mark brand new. If he picked up at 2.5 year old one for $22 mill he's done alright there. Either way, your point still stands given the reason he bought it was to use to get to and from the UK. If I were as hard up as CK, I'd slum it in first class like everyone else ?

Said his was worth ,20 million but corrected when it was said he paid 20 million.

I will be disappointed if it does not go through on Monday but I have yet to see that one of the money people CK, stadium buyer or the company loaning MM the cash have said it will be Monday 

8 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Add in Newcastle, Mike ashley lovers please note, even PSG . Plenty lease their stadia including arsenal Burnley Brighton and of course Chelsea 

Mike Ashely lovers? FFS what? ?

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

We’ve been through enough trauma. I have no idea what to expect from CK and neither does anyone else. He’s a complete unknown to football. The game itself is not in his blood. He wasn’t brought up following football, not our kind anyway.

So we have a completely untried, unknown and untested person on the brink of owning our club. This is the first time this has happened to us. So forgive me if I and few other don’t share your clear view that all will be well.

To paraphrase Dylan Thomas.
Do not go happy clapping into that goodnight, Wolfie.

I don't think that's true. He's of Argentinian heritage and claims to have been into football (not the Rugby in teletubby suits version) since he was a toddler. 

I do wonder if having the same surname as two Argentinian ex-presidents might be an indicator of the source of his funding?

6 hours ago, Oldben said:

Maguire reckons 3 million per season is the cost to get promoted from league.

I think with derbys team needing a significant rebuild, I'd place the cost as higher than that.

However, it seems about right for an average cost to win promotion to League One.

I accept Maguires knowledge.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-league-one-promotion-7163743.amp

According to football finance expert Kieran Maguire, it costs a promoted club on average of £3 million to get out of the division. That's almost a tenth of what it costs to win promotion from the Championship.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

So we have a completely untried, unknown and untested person on the brink of owning our club. This is the first time this has happened to us. So forgive me if I and few other don’t share your clear view that all will be well.

Mel Morris was untried, unknown and untested in the football world, as was Lionel Pickering, The Three Amigos and GSE under Andy Appleby and Tom Glick. All ended with varying outcomes so I struggle to agree with the point you are trying to make because your underlying statement is so factually wrong.

About kircher when someone said he does not care about football that is not true at all he said his dad played football in the states and his sister does and so does most of the family and he wants make us successful again and that shows he cares and I just wish people stop being negative quite clearly he wants derby and rooney can see ambersation for this great club and rooney got drive and grit to make us great again.

4 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

If CK is awash with funds gained through smart business acumen why buy DCFC?

We see he has sponsored well known sporting events to forward his company but he has said Slyco will not be the shirt sponsor. He says it’s not the right vehicle for his business and he is probably right. So what is DCFC to be used for? What is his motivation?

If it’s purely a vanity project then a couple of years kicking around league one will see that wear thin in short order.

I’ve said before that I don’t see the Kirchner fit and I don’t. But I’ll stand to be corrected. I didn’t think Rooney was the man and after barely avoiding relegation I was convinced of it. Circumstances gave him a second chance and he has acquitted himself fairly well.

I’ll say this though if CK falls through and we end up with Ashley -15 and no Rooney then I won’t lose any sleep over it.

I think he meant Derby shirt sponsorship wouldn’t be a good fit for slync as they would be looking for business to business exposure with an international reach. Derby shirt sponsor should be a consumer brand with a uk focus. 

I’d also agree that he may be looking at Ryan Reynolds/Wrexham and thinking it might be a laugh and he has the disposable cash to have a go. 

28 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Mel Morris was untried, unknown and untested in the football world, as was Lionel Pickering, The Three Amigos and GSE under Andy Appleby and Tom Glick. All ended with varying outcomes so I struggle to agree with the point you are trying to make because your underlying statement is so factually wrong.

Apologies to @CornwallRam I don't understand how that quote was attributed to you when it was made by Charlie24. I have rectified it below.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

31 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

That wasn't my post?

27 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

A lot of our future will depend on attendances to generate income.  I tried to set up a poll to seek the general views but failed.  Maybe someone better than me can have  a go. 

I think it will average or at around 15000.

I think we'll still hit 20k season tickets, a few decent signings and some wins the numbers will come, people will just be happy to see us challenging again even if it is a division lower.

3 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

We’ve been through enough trauma. I have no idea what to expect from CK and neither does anyone else. He’s a complete unknown to football. The game itself is not in his blood. He wasn’t brought up following football, not our kind anyway.

To paraphrase Dylan Thomas.
Do not go happy clapping into that goodnight, Wolfie.

1 minute ago, Ram1988 said:

What was our average attendance this season around 23,500/24,000 or something something? I will predict next seasons will be similar averaging say 22/23,000 

That will depend on how the season progresses and if it goes very well for us it could even exceed the past season, given how the fanbase are currently so committed in its support for the team. The key to this will be just how many people buy season tickets, which is something the club must reflect upon when deciding this coming season's pricing structure.