The Administration Thread

Boycie

On 31/05/2022 at 09:14, CBRammette said:

The comments to him on twitter from our fans and others would need the patience of a saint not to react to. It does bode well that he has patience with all that happens at Derby. And I made an obviously not humorous reference to Alonso. The anxiety regarding the fate of Derby has been with me like most of us for months but I am just a generally glass half full person who just cannot see the negative in everything. I apologise if that offends you as I am just a Derby fan in the midst of Cambs with no-one at all interested in the detail of this saga to discuss it with and I certainly know nothing. 

I think you are a very good poster and I’m sure you as I wish for a good outcome on this .

Im sorry I said the know it all comment it was wrong .

I apologise .

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why does he?

Perhaps we should all just read what he said and accept it. 

If you put yourself out there on social media you have to accept some negative comments to go with the 100’s of positives. The disappointment of no announcement yesterday was obviously going to lead people to ask questions. The comment wasn’t particularly bad, but his reaction is a little petty. As others have said, he can’t have it all one way on Twitter. Many are being positive, but the slightest negative should not lead to throwing the toys out the pram. As I said he needs to have a thick skin. I’m starting to think CK’s ego is going to rival MM’s! I hope it gets done ASAP with CK, but the ‘believe we have it resolved’ causes me some concern. 

I think we need to wait until after the weekend to see the next stage in this process as CK has intimated.

He really doesn’t deserve the Twitter abuse .

Forest and Leeds fans on Twitter celebrating at our expense   is to be expected.

Not nice but hey ho that’s Twitter 

1 hour ago, Ramitupper said:

I’m not really buying the bank holidays money transfer thing. Cash should have been already sitting in his Uk attorney’s account, the final transaction is done by lawyers from their client account. I think therefore it’s an issue with whoever’s purchasing the stadium. But strange that he initially blamed the us bank holiday when that should have been irrelevant at this point… something is not quite adding up. 

It's not just the banks though, there's all sorts of other things that could be closed on bank holidays - the land registry, for example.  What's probably happened is that the US holiday ended up delaying something over there for 24 hours, and the knock-on effects of that delay have caused something over here (that would otherwise have been done on Tuesday/Wednesday) to end up getting pushed into Thursday and then the bank holidays over here start causing havoc.  It doesn't take much to disrupt a complex chain of events with lots of dependencies. The time-zone differences probably don't help either.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I think we need to wait until after the weekend to see the next stage in this process as CK has intimated.

He really doesn’t deserve the Twitter abuse .

Forest and Leeds fans on Twitter celebrating at our expense   is to be expected.

Not nice but hey ho that’s Twitter 

I’d hardly call it abuse. People are fed up with missed ‘deadlines’ again and again. There is a mistrust after Morris, Alonso, Fake Sheikh. This is a problem with Twitter. You have to take the rough with the smooth. He’s very naive if he thinks he won’t get the odd negative. The majority of comments are very positive in there. Twitter is not an ego massaging platform. He has to accept some critique after he said it’d be done.

Just now, enachops said:

I’d hardly call it abuse. People are fed up with missed ‘deadlines’ again and again. There is a mistrust after Morris, Alonso, Fake Sheikh. This is a problem with Twitter. You have to take the rough with the smooth. He’s very naive if he thinks he won’t get the odd negative. The majority of comments are very positive in there. Twitter is not an ego massaging platform. He has to accept some critique after he said it’d be done.

There are also lots of friendly comments to Chris on Twitter I agree .

Majority of Derby fans are supportive.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So it will be him being the 'nob' when the Twatterati take him to task every time we lose a game? LMFAO

Let's have it right; after the amount of ignorant BS that's come his way on social media since November last year, I'm amazed he's not just told us to f*** off and save our own club. But hey, by all means keep calling him names while he spends the next three years settling Mel's bills and keeping the club afloat. After all, there's nothing remotely knobbish about that stance, is there? ?

I just find anyone who engages in hostility and likes to argue on social media, a bit of a nob.

Doesn't matter if you run a country, run a business, own a football club, are a multi-billionaire, or just a faceless human on a message board, you can still come across as a bit of a nob.

Some are just bigger than others.

Supporters are bound to get twitchy.  We just want it all sorted for once.  
Typical solicitor types dragging it out for their own benefit, but I’m quite confident that players will have been offered new deals and free agents approached.   
If CK and everyone on the admin side know it’ll be completed then that’s why they’re getting fed up with us fans keep asking.

Its the uncertainty, we don’t know what they know, but I’m reading between the lines and thinking that’s what CK is trying to say.

10 minutes ago, enachops said:

If you put yourself out there on social media you have to accept some negative comments to go with the 100’s of positives. The disappointment of no announcement yesterday was obviously going to lead people to ask questions. The comment wasn’t particularly bad, but his reaction is a little petty. As others have said, he can’t have it all one way on Twitter. Many are being positive, but the slightest negative should not lead to throwing the toys out the pram. As I said he needs to have a thick skin. I’m starting to think CK’s ego is going to rival MM’s! I hope it gets done ASAP with CK, but the ‘believe we have it resolved’ causes me some concern. 

Why do you?

He can block who he wants.

Let's look at just a handful of the required actions before ownership can be formally confirmed and consider that all required completion in the handful of days since Ck signed contracts:

1) Transfer of funds - business to business transfers are not instant. Larger transactions are subject to anti money laundering checks undertaken by both issuing and receiving banks and banks move at their own pace, not those of interested parties.

2) The signing of numerous contracts and leases - these days this can be done remotely, even when signatories and witnesses are required, using services such as Docusign. That said, is every party involved moving heaven and earth to get this done? Might it be that some of those parties with no real vested interest in getting this deal over the line might not be sat around waiting into the early evening or night to expedite these processes? Might any individual be on leave or even abroad this week? Might one of the 25 lawyers be on his boat with his mobile off and no intention of accessing emails?

3) It seems it is not CK who is buying PP - has the 'partner' completed all the required paperwork and have the MSD charges been removed AND reported as such to the satisfaction of the EFL? 

4) Have the EFL had sufficient time to review all of the documentation and proofs to allow them to formally acknowledge and approve transfer of ownership, thereby formally agreeing CK's ownership and DCFC's membership?

5) Have the Land Registry and Companies House had sufficient time to update relevant records in accordance with the above steps and are any such amendments reflected in real-time or subject to roll-out delays?

6) Have the various legal teams acknowledged receipt of funds to concerned parties and did they do so prior to close of play yesterday.

7) If they have, have they also made the transfer of funds to the ultimate recipients and have their respective banks and those of the multiple recipients performed all required checks and balances including the anti money laundering checks mentioned in point 1?

Honestly, I could draft pages and pages of likely steps required to get this over the line that could only have been begun once the CK - Quantuma deal was agreed. I've no doubt that most parties are moving heaven and earth to get all the required i's dotted and t's crossed but equally, I think it's highly unlikely that ALL parties are making the same effort. As long as they are getting paid, do such parties really care whether this deal closes this week or next? Even relatively simple transactions such as buying a house can become a nightmarish exercise with any number of delays and hitches, after all. The fact is that the various parties are not working to deadlines per se, they are simply trying to get expedite what is a hideously complex deal with a wild excess of 'moving parts'. Perhaps then folk need to stop assuming that it is CK holding things up, or Quantuma for that matter, stop fretting and chucking shade and show a little patience and understanding for a guy who is trying to save the club we love. More to the point, the pubs open shortly, it's a long weekend, the sun is out and we'll be signing players by this time next week. Let's focus then on the positives, and stop stressing over imaginary issues as in this instance more than most, the devil really is in the detail.

I don’t think it’s negative for worrying it won’t happen? It’s been 2 years now since the talk of the first take over, we’ve had deadlines after deadlines missed, depressing stories in every paper, talk of Derby County no longer being a football club, of course people are going to get annoyed some have had enough of these false deadlines, I’m not surprised, the Sheikhs excuses were bank holidays so no surprise people are finding it frustrating that CK is now saying it’s because of bank holidays, we all want it to happen but some are more cautious because of what’s happened of the last 2 years. I for one hope it goes through desperately.  So not everyone’s negative for being cautious, Derby’s just made us like this over the last 2 years!! We all want a club to support next year and for years to come.

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Let's look at just a handful of the required actions before ownership can be formally confirmed and consider that all required completion in the handful of days since Ck signed contracts:

1) Transfer of funds - business to business transfers are not instant. Larger transactions are subject to anti money laundering checks undertaken by both issuing and receiving banks and banks move at their own pace, not those of interested parties.

2) The signing of numerous contracts and leases - these days this can be done remotely, even when signatories and witnesses are required, using services such as Docusign. That said, is every party involved moving heaven and earth to get this done? Might it be that some of those parties with no real vested interest in getting this deal over the line might not be sat around waiting into the early evening or night to expedite these processes? Might any individual be on leave or even abroad this week? Might one of the 25 lawyers be on his boat with his mobile off and no intention of accessing emails?

3) It seems it is not CK who is buying PP - has the 'partner' completed all the required paperwork and have the MSD charges been removed AND reported as such to the satisfaction of the EFL? 

4) Have the EFL had sufficient time to review all of the documentation and proofs to allow them to formally acknowledge and approve transfer of ownership, thereby formally agreeing CK's ownership and DCFC's membership?

5) Have the Land Registry and Companies House had sufficient time to update relevant records in accordance with the above steps and are any such amendments reflected in real-time or subject to roll-out delays?

6) Have the various legal teams acknowledged receipt of funds to concerned parties and did they do so prior to close of play yesterday.

7) If they have, have they also made the transfer of funds to the ultimate recipients and have their respective banks and those of the multiple recipients performed all required checks and balances including the anti money laundering checks mentioned in point 1?

Honestly, I could draft pages and pages of likely steps required to get this over the line that could only have been begun once the CK - Quantuma deal was agreed. I've no doubt that most parties are moving heaven and earth to get all the required i's dotted and t's crossed but equally, I think it's highly unlikely that ALL parties are making the same effort. As long as they are getting paid, do such parties really care whether this deal closes this week or next? Even relatively simple transactions such as buying a house can become a nightmarish exercise with any number of delays and hitches, after all. The fact is that the various parties are not working to deadlines per se, they are simply trying to get expedite what is a hideously complex deal with a wild excess of 'moving parts'. Perhaps then folk need to stop assuming that it is CK holding things up, or Quantuma for that matter, stop fretting and chucking shade and show a little patience and understanding for a guy who is trying to save the club we love. More to the point, the pubs open shortly, it's a long weekend, the sun is out and we'll be signing players by this time next week. Let's focus then on the positives, and stop stressing over imaginary issues as in this instance more than most, the devil really is in the detail.

Good post .

Its entirely possible though mate that CK will lease PP off DC