The Administration Thread

Boycie

21 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Ah the old bank holiday delay won’t be able to use that one again until end of august 

It's always bank holiday somewhere.  Next week half the money was wired to New Zealand to get a better exchange rate on the transfer and it's international sheep shearing day . Plenty of mileage in the old bank holiday yet.

9 minutes ago, Yani P said:

It's a done deal...champagne on ice...nothing to worry about...not sure paying it in 2p's was a wise move..but seriously it is what it is...but it's still a done deal...probably a lawyer went home early ...that's usually the way...

Champagne on ice.  I should shop around for an iceberg at this rate.  It defrosts pretty quick and it may be a while.

24 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think CK’s comms recently have been excellent.  He’s telling us to relax and I’m going to take his advice. Q were clear that 31/5 was no more than a target for closing  

He told a bloke to stick to being a fan and leave business to those who understand business.  He then doesn't consider bank holidays as part of a transfer of funds, with contract discussions with other clubs ready to go full steam ahead as it's June.

image.png.f6e429ddc1448883f916f92f071416ea.png

gotta say, I’m not overly concerned, and still expect it to go through, but I’m astounded that between the lot of them (was it a dozen or more attorneys alone? Plus all these high powered businessmen, plus highly qualified and highly paid “accountants” (Q), who must surely know the workings of the banking world like the back of their hand, not a single one of them thought to factor in possible banking delays due to bank holidays!  
Anyone worth their salt should have been advising last week “Hopefully next week, but with the combination of 3 bank holiday days, that may prove to be a tough ask, so it’s possible it may extend to the following week. Don’t panic etc…”. 

I can’t work out whether it’s amateurish, blatant lies, or just a piss take!  ?

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

gotta say, I’m not overly concerned, and still expect it to go through, but I’m astounded that between the lot of them (was it a dozen or more attorneys alone? Plus all these high powered businessmen, plus highly qualified and highly paid “accountants” (Q), who must surely know the workings of the banking world like the back of their hand, not a single one of them thought to factor in possible banking delays due to bank holidays!  
Anyone worth their salt should have been advising last week “Hopefully next week, but with the combination of 3 bank holiday days, that may prove to be a tough ask, so it’s possible it may extend to the following week. Don’t panic etc…”. 

I can’t work out whether it’s amateurish, blatant lies, or just a piss take!  ?

CK says it was EFL setting the deadline. Something to do with fixture list not sure why especially as fixtures aren't out until end of June.  

Just now, PistoldPete said:

CK says it was EFL setting the deadline. Something to do with fixture list not sure why especially as fixtures aren't out until end of June.  

But wasn’t that for 31st May?

Once last Friday came around, and the little quotets came out from the likes of Q and CK referring to this week or “by Wednesday”, that’s when the “Two day week” should have been taken into consideration!
They seemed to hint that the 3… count ‘em… THREE… bank holidays this week would have little to no effect. Or as we now know, none of them knew they were even a thing! ? ?‍♂️

I'm calm about the situation and confident the deal will go through, however CK, Q, and 20 zillion lawyers must realise, the longer this continues, the more damage they are doing to our preparations for next season. Get this done, give us a fighting chance. UTR  

Wow. I know we’ve been through hell (in football terms) for the last 12-24 months but come on, I can’t believe people are actually genuinely concerned about this. He has the money, he’s proven to everyone concerned including the EFL he has the money, they wanted to conclude it before this week so didn’t think about the ramifications of the holidays this week, with so many moving parts to a deal and when you’re absolutely focussed on getting the deal done things like this can be overlooked even by the professionals. 

I think some people need to chill out. At some point in the next week (imminently ?) we will begin our new era. ?

14 minutes ago, enachops said:

I’m not liking Kirchners attitude here. It’s great he’s keeping us updated on Twitter, but he has to be more thick skinned than this.
124101FB-27B0-4F72-A7E2-39357EA82250.thumb.jpeg.6e1f099bea480777adf295d4dffe4f91.jpeg

He comes across as a bit of a nob.

I've said before, he will be our Darragh Mcararrrrr, or whatever the Peterborough bloke is called.

As soon as we lose 3 nil away to Gillingham and people kick off on Twitter he wil be arguing left right and centre with fans on Twitter.

17 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Wow. I know we’ve been through hell (in football terms) for the last 12-24 months but come on, I can’t believe people are actually genuinely concerned about this. He has the money, he’s proven to everyone concerned including the EFL he has the money, they wanted to conclude it before this week so didn’t think about the ramifications of the holidays this week, with so many moving parts to a deal and when you’re absolutely focussed on getting the deal done things like this can be overlooked even by the professionals. 

I think some people need to chill out. At some point in the next week (imminently ?) we will begin our new era. ?

This. 

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He comes across as a bit of a nob.

I've said before, he will be our Darragh Mcararrrrr, or whatever the Peterborough bloke is called.

As soon as we lose 3 nil away to Gillingham and people kick off on Twitter he wil be arguing left right and centre with fans on Twitter.

Tbh i think a lot of people on twitter come off as nobs. Are they that retarded that they still cant grasp how complicated a transaction this is.

i find it tiresome reading the endless tweets , when will it be done, why isnt it done, how come it hasnt been done.

so god knows what its like for him being bombarded by these tweets. 

i think he handled them quite well but i do agree he needs to get off twitter or come the first home defeat to some crapper the toxic moronic brigade will be out in force hounding him

29 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

I'm calm about the situation and confident the deal will go through, however CK, Q, and 20 zillion lawyers must realise, the longer this continues, the more damage they are doing to our preparations for next season. Get this done, give us a fighting chance. UTR  

I don't entirely disagree but it's obvious preparation is ongoing, contracts are being done etc so we're not in complete panic, yet.