The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Addingham Ram said:

No doubt Alan Nixon will already have been briefed on the outcome of today's meeting!

What time do we expect his update?

2.36 pm. After Parry has given him a 2.30 update about how EFL is continuing to do everything it can to liquidate (oops he meant save ) Derby and allow Nixon 6 minutes to compose a tweet. 

On 25/05/2022 at 08:50, BucksRam said:

Pretty sure we all know he'll say nothing.  It's just yet another example of the poo stirring done by people wanting clicks and appearance money, including shows like Radio Derby.  Nothing's changed,  It was independently valued.  If MM chooses to sell for less, that's his prerogative.  Maguire, IMO is a professional poo stirrer. I bet when he was a kid he'd be the one, hand in the air "Miss! Miss! Johnny just copied Stevie's answers, I saw him.  He's been doing it for months...you should look at all his tests for that time....."  

What appearance money, I’m not on the payroll of Radio Derby.

As for the figures in the accounts, a company should publish material post balance sheet events, the tenant of the major asset you own going into administration is IMO a significant issue. 

24 minutes ago, The Baron said:

As for the figures in the accounts, a company should publish material post balance sheet events, the tenant of the major asset you own going into administration is IMO a significant issue. 

You are right it should but as the negotiations for sale are ongoing right now, there’s not a director in the world that would publish any sensitive details - so what actual use would a post balance sheet note be? Everyone knows something is happening. 

10 hours ago, i-Ram said:

A) They have significant assets (including their own stadium - what an odd way to run a Club), B) they compete at the top end of World football, and C) generate close to £500m of annual revenue.  Who would have thought that possible back in 1982 when Ken Bates bought them for a £1.

So they generate £500m of revenue that means they are worth £4.5 billion.. nine times their revenue. What would nine times Derby’s current revenue be? About £200 m. 

I may be biased but Derby seem a snip by comparison at £45 million best offer so far including the stadium. 

16 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

You are right it should but as the negotiations for sale are ongoing right now, there’s not a director in the world that would publish any sensitive details - so what actual use would a post balance sheet note be? Everyone knows something is happening. 

It’s an obligation to post material PBSE’s per FRS102.

Agree with you entirely that he might not want to disclose it. 

45 minutes ago, The Baron said:

So should Sheffield Wednesday have allowed for the profit they made on Hillsborough before they actually sold it? 

After the previous missed deadlines it would make sense for all parties involved in the takeover and ground purchase to under promise and overdeliver this time.

Having written the above I will still be greatly relieved to see the formal announcement that the takeover and ground are complete and we are no longer in administration.?????  

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So should Sheffield Wednesday have allowed for the profit they made on Hillsborough before they actually sold it? 

No, and that’s why they were subject to a points deduction and relegation. They sold the stadium after the end of the season. 

18 minutes ago, The Baron said:

It’s an obligation to post material PBSE’s per FRS102.

Agree with you entirely that he might not want to disclose it. 

I believe GN 202 would only have to add a note if there was a risk to the amount of money the company would receive over the following accounting period. As far as I can tell, rent has never been paid (but may still have been included within P&S calculations). As such, there may not have actually been a risk to GN 202 revenue, and therefore no need to state the PBSE.

I may just be talking a load of bs though.

36 minutes ago, The Baron said:

No, and that’s why they were subject to a points deduction and relegation. They sold the stadium after the end of the season. 

Ok well by the same token Morris hasn’t sold PPS yet so why should he anticipate a loss until he does?