The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

1st line from the first post on this thread

"Now the American’s withdrawn"

Not the ideal day to accidentally open the first page of the thread instead of the latest! 

The Lion King Reaction GIF

Surely everyone knows that the withdrawal method can lead to unwanted consequences months later.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Another crass and unsubstantiated comment. How do you know that only I have this opinion, am assuming you've taken a consensus of all of the forum members to gain this fact. 

Anyhows upwards and onwards or whatever they say.

We could take a poll if you like?

Or, let's move on as you suggest.

We're all on the same side here I think.

Onwards and upwards it is.

27 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

and then you kind of backtracked so i thought I'd reinforce my point. If someone is prone to committing unethical actions and skirting the rules then that surely should put into question if they're a suitable person to be owning companies... I don't see it necessarily as vindictive but closer to protecting entities from Mel's seemingly poisonous influence. 

I’ve not backtracked at all. My original post said you may well be right but we don’t actually know what has been offered or demanded.

He has been a business man for a long time (surely long before he took over at Derby) and, as far as we’re aware, he has run his other businesses satisfactorily. Why would he change now?  He got it badly wrong with DCFC and we’re all hurting but I don’t think there is any suggestion that he has unleashed his “poisonous influence” on his other entities and we have no reason to believe they need “protecting” Therefore, in my opinion, it would be vindictive to seek to remove him from owning those businesses. 

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’ve not backtracked at all. My original post said you may well be right but we don’t actually know what has been offered or demanded.

He has been a business man for a long time (surely long before he took over at Derby) and, as far as we’re aware, he has run his other businesses satisfactorily. Why would he change now?  He got it badly wrong with DCFC and we’re all hurting but I don’t think there is any suggestion that he has unleashed his “poisonous influence” on his other entities and we have no reason to believe they need “protecting” Therefore, in my opinion, it would be vindictive to seek to remove him from owning those businesses. 

To use your own logic how do you know how he operates his companies? No one seemed to understand the levels of shi* we were in until it all hit the fan, how do you know the same isn't true of his other operations? I think given what we do know about the attitudes of our prospective owner, our current manager and the 'obstacles' that remain we know that Mel is clearly not doing what he said he'd do e.g., he'd sell the club for a £1 even if we don't know exactly what terms that bas**** is demanding. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

To use your own logic how do you know how he operates his companies? No one seemed to understand the levels of shi* we were in until it all hit the fan, how do you know the same isn't true of his other operations? I think given what we do know about the attitudes of our prospective owner, our current manager and the 'obstacles' that remain we know that Mel is clearly not doing what he said he'd do e.g., he'd sell the club for a £1. 

As I said earlier, he’s been a business man a long time and I would have thought stories would have emerged by now especially given all the publicity surrounding his handling of DCFC.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

As I said earlier, he’s been a business man a long time and I would have thought stories would have emerged by now especially given all the publicity surrounding his handling of DCFC.

I'd have thought stories would have emerged about his dealings with derby before they did. It just strikes me as odd on the one hand you're saying we can't make assumptions because we don't know the finer details and then you're saying 'well I'd have thought stories would have emerged'. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

It's a bit cryptic, but Nixon seems to be indicating that Mel is using his 'soft loans' to prevent a ground sharing deal. I might have the wrong end of the stick, and I'm not convinced it's actually possible, but the intimation seems to be that if we try to leave Mel holding a white elephant called Pride Park Stadium, then he'll pursue his claim as an unsecured creditor and Kirchner will need to find an extra £40m or so.

47 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Death threats are absolutely unacceptable, but are we legally allowed to promise Mel Morris a hard slap around the face if we ever see him?

I imagine it’s mel who’s reporting to Kirchner that he’s had threats why on earth anyone would believe a word he says is beyond me he’s a liar he’s proved it time and again.

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'd have thought stories would have emerged about his dealings with derby before they did. It just strikes me as odd on the one hand you're saying we can't make assumptions because we don't know the finer details and then you're saying 'well I'd have thought stories would have emerged'. 

I just think that to go after him for his other business when there is no suggestion that he is running them badly on the pretext that we need to protect them against his “poisonous influence” could be construed as a little vindictive. We’re never going to agree (more chance of Mel and CK signing an agreement) so, to avoid boring everyone else, perhaps we should move on.

54 minutes ago, SBW said:

Just don't see CK buying the club.  He's been keen to big himself up about all the money he's got, but he can't afford to buy the stadium? 

So he wants the club, but the asset that holds all the value to make his purchase worthwhile... can't afford it.

Something isn't quite right with him.  

He's setting himself up to walk off and blame Morris.  How vocal (and unprofessional) he has been about Morris from the start rang alarm bells with me.  Any smart businessman wouldn't talk that way about someone they really need on their side to get the deal done. 

What this has all done though, has given him a big platform and got his name out there more.  

He can afford to buy the stadium, just like Ashley can afford it. But with the debts that means paying £50m+ for a league 1 club which is about double what it’s worth. If was just down to wealth we’d have been bought by now, it’s the value of the deal that’s the issue, it is not a good deal right now!