The Administration Thread

Boycie

26 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

It was Steve Mac that spoke to Exeter about an approach for Watkins during the January transfer window, then not long after that in the March Rowett came in. Watkins stated he wanted to stay at Exeter until the end of that season because they were involved with a possible promotion which they lost in the play off final to Blackpool. It's possible that he would have signed for Derby, but come the end of the season we had Rowett in charge, who I believe stated Exeter were asking too much. He was bought for £1.8m and sold 3 years later for £28m.

Who's to say that we wouldn't have played him totally out of position or not played him at all or totally crushed his confidence?

Just because he went to Brentford for 3 years then was sold for a 25 million profit doesn't mean the same outcome if we had signed him. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

56 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't know if anyone else feels the same but am totally underwhelmed by the recent announcement of Kirchners new found interest in the club.

He just comes across as an immature tyre kicker with a reliance on communicating via the most horrible toxic and vile social media platform. 

Still hasn't communicated why he's coming in for our club again after the bitter public war of words and after pissing Preston around at the same game. 

Just have a really bad feeling about the whole thing.

Tyler, you have been asking for weeks now why anyone would buy Derby, it's a question that makes little sense given the state of football in general.

It's madness, it is and there is no rational explanation why anyone would currently want to own a football club outside of the Premier League.

However, I'm just happy to have someone that's willing to sign up to losing money by the millions each year to satisfy my entertainment.

I have no doubts, we will drain his wallet and move on to the next rich person after a few years as the cycle continues until the government get a grip of the game.

I suspect, location, fanbase, history (no disrespect to Preston) and most importantly opportunity to create more revenue streams at a larger club would have seen him change his mind.

Rooney is a big name over in the states, a sponsorship lure by himself. That does create a somewhat untouchable manager that is always the danger, but so far it's not something we have to worry about.

27 minutes ago, Curtains said:

How do you know the 15 points is an issue .

I think he knows it will be next season already 

The journos quoted admins said that they need to sort the point deduction and the lease of the ground out. I just think he will pick an excuse and back out. 

Just now, 1967RAMS said:

The journos quoted admins said that they need to sort the point deduction and the lease of the ground out. I just think he will pick an excuse and back out. 

You are entitled to your opinion .

I hope he doesn’t but the EFL are difficult to deal with .

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

The only conclusion therefore to be drawn from your statement is that he didn't really want us.

He's not a philanthropist you know much like am sure Kirchner didn't offer to buy us out the kindness of his heart probably because he saw something he could exploit.

Yes he didn't want us, that's why I'm disappointed Tyler.

You can tell how battered we've been as a fan base. This is the first actual bit of good news for months and pretty much everyone of us is, 'meh'.

We all seem to be hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. 

I'm uncomfortable with Kirchner's Tweets, but hypocritically able to overlook them for the greater good of Derby County still existing. It's OK Forest fans pointing accusingly. In truth they have a point, but it is also true that their owner isn't perfect and if the situation was reversed, they'd swallow their principles if it was the only way to save their club.

Away from the ethical side, Kirchner worries and excites me in equal measure. He's an innovative businessman, wedded to new technology and crypto currencies. It's going to be spectacular. We're either going to be Apollo 11 or the Challenger Space Shuttle.

Edited by CornwallRam

5 minutes ago, David said:

I'll get slated for this but if we go into liquidation then won't we drop down to League 2 anyway?

Starting next season with a wafer thin group of players and a 15 point handicap would indicate that there is a possibility that we're just kicking the can down the road for a season. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'll get slated for this but if we go into liquidation then won't we drop down to League 2 anyway?

Starting next season with a wafer thin group of players and a 15 point handicap would indicate that there is a possibility that we're just kicking the can down the road for a season. 

No kicked out the EFL .