The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

But if you turn that on it's head, thatt's pretty much all one of the bidders gets if they pay £30M+ - no wonder wer're struggling to get any proper interest.....

It's not for that it's for revenue generation (if in the championship), and greater still if in the Premier league.

Championship promotion player off winner receives more than 50 million, and then there's the millions per year for 3 guaranteed years if relegated from the Premier league.

58 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The more I listen to the rhetoric coming from Quantuma the more I'm convinced that there is more chance of us being liquidated than there is of a new owner being found willing to pay what Q want.

How are Q arriving at what they think is fair price for the club? 

If the club was to be liquidated this very minute, what money would Q be able to offer to the club's creditors?

What as the club stands today are it's actual assets? Rightly or wrongly I assume that the main assets are the players that will still be under contract at the end of the season. What the fees that could be obtained for these players is very subjective. Meaning any money raised could be far less than Q thinks they could get from their sale.

So why are Q not willing to accept one of the offers presently tabled? Wouldn't an offer that is more than the clubs current assets, be more acceptable to the creditors than what they would receive through the club being liquidated.

While the sale of the ground may muddy the water for any potential buyer. Surely the sale of the stadium is a matter that can only be resolved between the new club owner and morris and should have no baring on what the administrators are doing.

After it is all over,  Í really do hope there is an enquiry in to the way Quantuma have conducted this. As a supporter and as a tax payer I believe it needs to be made transparent at the end- sale or liquidation particularly

2 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

After it is all over,  Í really do hope there is an enquiry in to the way Quantuma have conducted this. As a supporter and as a tax payer I believe it needs to be made transparent at the end- sale or liquidation particularly

Why does there need to be an inquiry as to how the administrators have gone about things?

What annoys me is that with all the ITK bullpoo being progressed and pure opinion being touted as fact I asked a question earlier which was are there any legal timeframes to a club being in administration when there's no real prospect of a buyer being found and still waiting for a reply.....would assume people are happy to progress speculation rather than replying with facts. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

What annoys me is that with all the ITK bullpoo being progressed and pure opinion being touted as fact I asked a question earlier which was are there any legal timeframes to a club being in administration when there's no real prospect of a buyer being found and still waiting for a reply.....would assume people are happy to progress speculation rather than replying with facts. 

Don't think there is a timeframe as such but if we are still in administration during the closed season when the EFL ask the administrators for proof that we can complete next season, which is looking unlikely, then the EFL can expel us from the league.

The administrators need to apply a degree common sense (if possible). They might not sell for the price they're looking for, however I'd happily take a -15 point deduction into next season if it meant the club survives, recruitment/contract renewals can start and club jobs secured. This isn't the usual business and I'm sick of reading the admin's cold hearted statements, with zero compassion to the supporters. 

There's bidders for the club, do the right thing and negotiate a deal. Stop holding the club to ransom.

1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

Don't think there is a timeframe as such but if we are still in administration during the closed season when the EFL ask the administrators for proof that we can complete next season, which is looking unlikely, then the EFL can expel us from the league.

Yes so as I put in my original message our ability to operate as a going concern will supercede all other matters.

4 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

The administrators need to apply a degree common sense (if possible). They might not sell for the price they're looking for, however I'd happily take a -15 point deduction into next season if it meant the club survives, recruitment/contract renewals can start and club jobs secured. This isn't the usual business and I'm sick of reading the admin's cold hearted statements, with zero compassion to the supporters. 

There's bidders for the club, do the right thing and negotiate a deal. Stop holding the club to ransom.

They can't sell just for any price offered.

32 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think there's a maximum limit of 18 months before a club is expelled from the EFL. And you can't start 2 successive seasons in administration, but we just missed that so it's possible we can still begin next season in Admin with Quantuma at the helm.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think there's a maximum limit of 18 months before a club is expelled from the EFL. And you can't start 2 successive seasons in administration, but we just missed that so it's possible we can still begin next season in Admin with Quantuma at the helm.

We may be able to start next season but it does leave us the problem of players, I would imagine all the current restrictions would apply and we wouldn’t be allowed to resign those players who are out of contract at the end of this season ?

We need a new owner soon or our downward spiral will continue the EFL will make sure of that??

35 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm thinking it's 12 months and it can run over one season to another. The legislation was changed in a rush when Ken Bates amended his offer for Leeds last minute and held up any Sale thereby completing a few weeks into a new season- not allowed before then.  At that point the supporters so keen on our liquidation for breaking the rules should have been thrown out the league.  The money is likely to be long gone before then though, unless we complete a sale or find 20 million in sales from the few players left under contract to get a load of frees, loans and wages to pay them.  We won't survive till September regardless unless something drastic occurs basically.

45 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

No I don't think EFL can really expel us unless we run out of money (except I think the EFL has some rule that you cannot stay for more than 15 months in admin and stay in the EFL, which would take us to Christmas)  . Bury ran out of money and  were unable to pay players for 12 weeks... only then did EFL expel them (in August 2019). Bury FC were never liquidated despite being in "suspended animation" and they are planning to restart playing next season.  

The opposite can happen, Wigan FC Ltd were liquidated , but only after "the club" were transferred to a Phoenix Company.. but the club "only" suffered a 12 point deduction and  consequent relegation from the Championship.. no expulsion from EFL or even any further points penalty.

Edited by PistoldPete

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd be amazed if this made the slightest difference.

Me too. At least, unlike Coventry we'd still be playing in our ground. Playing at Sixfields and St. Andrews was understandably toxic for their fans and resulted in boycotts, which hampered the club's fightback. It would leave a bitter taste knowing that we had to pay to go into Mel's stadium, which Lionel, together with Peter Gadsby. John Kirkland and Stuart Webb delivered eternally for the supporters of Derby County. But for the sake of continuing to play in Derby, I could swallow my own bile.

But I would never forgive Mel for his treachery if that happens. After 61 years following the club that I still love as much as I did when I first fell in love with it as a boy in 1961, I want to carry on going to games until I am physically unable to do so. I am not sure I could do that if our 'home' moved to Nottingham or Leicester. It would be worse than being forced against my will into an adulterous relationship.

Edited by Brailsford Ram