The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, winktheram said:

They say the clue is in question, or answer in this case. At some point, which is now probably the end of the season as we have funding till then, we will have to accept 'a deal/best deal' and take the -15 and crack on. We can't start next season in admin so something will give. It's that balance for a bidder, is -15 in League one, a division we are likely to be in anyway, offer value in saving say £10M?. On the face of it I would say yes. £10M (or whatever, £5M even) goes a long way in League 1, new squad which will be needed as no-one is left, re-supplying the academy etc etc - for an extra year or two in League 1 to get a decent ground zero base and then push on. On balance, if I was bidding, I think I'd save the money and take the points/wait and see if the miracle happens and we stay up. Can't see a quick resolution given that answer from Q.

i thought you can start a season in admin, i don't think you can start two consecutive seasons in admin?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

In that case, begs the question why are they looking to buy the club in the first place? Surely the only way owners will get a return on their investment is if we end up in the Premier League? Waiting to see us relegated/liquidated with a potential 15 point deduction seems a long way off from achieving that.....

Some want to buy a club who may be high Flyers, Others might want to start at the bottom, If and it's only an IF, We are liquidated and the National league accept us...Would you still go?, I would and I think the vast majority who go now would, It's called potential and  like an old movie"Great Expectations"

Owner comes in with loot to burn, We walk throught National league, League2, League1 and Championship...4 years, Rangers had a good time a few years back.

So can DCFC...But this is only a bit of fun that i'm posting as...nowts happening nor will do in the near future ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, winktheram said:

On the face of it I would say yes. £10M (or whatever, £5M even) goes a long way in League 1, new squad which will be needed as no-one is left, re-supplying the academy etc etc - for an extra year or two in League 1 to get a decent ground zero base and then push on. On balance, if I was bidding, I think I'd save the money and take the points/wait and see if the miracle happens and we stay up. Can't see a quick resolution given that answer from Q.

The problem with that is, we'll still be under the terms of an agreed business plan.  So having a load of cash doesn't necessarily make that much difference, because we won't be able to spend it.  And if we fail to pay 25%, there's a decent chance that the terms of the business plan are much harsher.  There's no way we shaft a bunch of creditors and then go and splash £5m on signings/wages next season. 

Plus, the difference in TV money between League 1 and the Championship is ~£6m (see Wycombe's claim against us), so saving £5m at the cost of an extra season in League 1 is throwing money down the drain. And that's not to mention the probable lower attendances etc if we're in League 1.

1 hour ago, alram said:

i worry that the division really doesnt make that much of a difference at all. the debts we are running up to even try and stay in the division are worrying and it would just be the difference between league one and championship anyway. huge investment will be needed next season to even stay up again and we are not in a position to do that.

what we should have done from minute 1 is try to make the club as cheap to buy as possible as survival as a club was always first goal, i feel like Q have just chased survival on the pitch and for it i worry. Why would you not sell more players to cover the costs to see out the season, instead we are in a position where we are having to take out loans to see the next month instead adding costs to the buyer. 

i know fans wont like it but pragmatism was needed from minute one, they have taken completely the wrong approach and i am looking at this with my financial hat on. they are not doing all they can to ensure this club lives another day.

Don’t know if other bids were rejected- also if the income from sales was either not immediate or well less than market value why should Derby accept? The difference in income between 2nd tier and 3rd tier may be a few million. I do wonder why there wasn’t more of an appeal against the extra points deductions however. 

3 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

(iiii) Payment plan put forward to PB who says duck off

(iiiii) Q go back to their office and drawing board

(iiiiii) Meanwhile PBs are looking at where we're going to finish at the end of the season

(iiiiiii) Accountants for the PBs are now telling their employers that the new figures don't stack up

(iiiiiiii) DCFC meanwhile are 2 games to go and 3 points behind Reading after Peterboro and Barnsley are relegated

(iiiiiiiii) New offers are put forward again to Q as the trapdoor looms

(iiiiiiiiii) Q are now up poo creek as they left the paddles in the office

(iiiiiiiiiii) Reading win their next game, DCFC lose and are relegated

(iiiiiiiiiiii) Substantial lower bids are put in, Q buy a new drawing board

(iiiiiiiiiiii) Q finally have no alternative but to liquidate DCFC

(iiiiiiiiiiiii) New pheonix club is formed and accepted in the National league

(iiiiiiiiiiiiii) DCFC has a new owner, A consortium from DCFCfans message board

(iiiiiiiiiiiiiii) The new Chairman is B4ev6is, Who says DCFC as is good hands and will be all now looking forward to next having the 1st game all sell out....Come on Derby County!

iiiiiiiiiiiiiii) The new Chairman is B4ev6is, Who says DCFC as is good hands and will be all now looking forward to next having the 1st game all sell out....Come on Derby County!

What's the chances of a pink away kit

2 hours ago, I know nuffin said:

There might be a lifeline out there for us if you read the government's comments about Chelsea and not being able to sell but special rules made because chelsea are part of cultural significance. Hope derby fall into that just like Bury Macclesfield etc didnt

Chelsea can't sell tickets for matches since sanctions have been placed on Abramovich preventing him selling the club according to the BBC.

48 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Only guessing here...PBs are waiting untill the end of the season, Why pay 10s of millions if we're relegated, When you can pay multi millions less if relegation or liquidation.

It's a buyers market in a cellars game, Too many people whining ?

I genuinely don't think that's the case as I dont believe anyone is going to pay any significant money for the actual Club.

The amount of money that will be paid will only be to settle debts to satisfy Legal and EFL requirements.

On the face of it the Club has little value  due to the level of debt and lack of assets. I cant see anyone paying or being expected to pay, over and above the cost of debt settlement.

For me the question is what is that amount? I keep hearing reference to the £28m the Binnies were reported to have bid, but do we know the real figure? I suspect its significantly more.

28 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

i thought you can start a season in admin, i don't think you can start two consecutive seasons in admin?

Leeds did but they weren't supposed to.  Shagged everyone over far worse than us.  Had a special dispensation granted that's never been given to anyone else and now won't shut up about us getting liquidated.  **** ****.

5 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Chelsea can't sell tickets for matches since sanctions have been placed on Abramovich preventing him selling the club according to the BBC.

If Abramovitch has been sectioned would he be sent to a mental institution?

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

It's already been stated by Quantuma that any final agreement with HMRC can only be done by the Preferred Bidder, so this is yet more speculative bollo.

That's true but the administrators will have had discussions with HMRC as to what figure they will accept, no use naming a preferred bidder if they don't meet that figure knowing HMRC will reject it.That's just wasting everyones time.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

We can start next season in admin. It’s not ideal but there is nothing says we cannot. 

I think maximum Efl would allow is 15 months which takes us to Christmas.

The League also adopted rules that prevented any side from being in administration for either two successive seasons or eighteen consecutive months.

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Leeds did but they weren't supposed to.  Shagged everyone over far worse than us.  Had a special dispensation granted that's never been given to anyone else and now won't shut up about us getting liquidated.  **** ****.

That's not true. The ultimate holding company remained in administration for many years but the football club assets were sold out to a phoenix almost immediately - it was a pre-pack deal from Ken Bates.

Edited by StarterForTen

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don't remember nadine saying that about Derby. Or her saying anything about derby as far as I can remember.

Ah but it's different rules when it's a Premier League club. What would the 4x4 tractor drivers in Chelsea and Westminster do if the can't go to see their beloved Chelsea play.

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don't remember nadine saying that about Derby. Or her saying anything about derby as far as I can remember.

Alls OK...We're in here somewhere

"Football clubs are cultural assets and the bedrock of our communities. We're committed to protecting them"