The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Mate, have you seen Mel Morris’ track record? A good judge of quality he is not

That’s true. But Q may initially have been an MSD not a MM relationship. In fact Hoskin went out of his way in the Chris Coles interview to distance himself from MM, saying he’d only met him once.

Former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has been in talks over a potential purchase of the Midlands club for months, but plans to announce him as the preferred bidder last Friday collapsed.

Ashley remains interested in completing a £50 million takeover and is ready to install former Newcastle managing director Lee Charnley in a key position if he takes control.

Edited by Animal is a Ram

So the administrators have a discussion with the EFL this afternoon and a matter of hours later John Percy has an article out. 

The fact that they are so obviously telling the press what is going on in private meeting is absolutely disgusting and sums them up.

Simon Stone saying that we've told the EFL are have funding for the season and Percy saying it's funding till the end of March.

Earlier on it was that we would be announcing a preferred bidder shortly.

I'm sick to the back teeth of this now.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So the administrators have a discussion with the EFL this afternoon and a matter of hours later John Percy has an article out. 

The fact that they are so obviously telling the press what is going on in private meeting is absolutely disgusting and sums them up.

Simon Stone saying that we've told the EFL are have funding for the season and Percy saying it's funding till the end of March.

Quantuma's shortly though ?

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If we have funding to end of March it only means another £2 million or so needed til the end of seaosn, much of which can come from more 30k home gates (although any chance of a Great Escape is rapidly fading).  We do need a new owner pronto though.

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Simon Stone's tweet did not say "we have funding for the season"; it said the Administrators provided "updates on both the preferred bidder situation and a funding plan through to the end of the season".

So a plan on how the club would/could be funded, not proof of actual funds as you seem to interpret.

The plan might be get the PB in before the end of March or it might be to look behind the cushions on the sofa.

What are the EFL actually going to do, though? It's not a shot at them, but ultimately what is the alternative. If we say we don't have funding until the end of the season without a preferred bidder and no one is currently interested... 

They kick us out the league and start the ball rolling on 15-20 legal battles that will rule the off-the-field dynamic for the next 12-24 months? Not a chance. I hate the postering on both sides and these 'deadlines' that are doing nothing more but generating unrest from all different angles. 

The three 'bidders' for the club clearly can't be that interested in the club considering the state of play which is worrying. Whoever comes in now will always have to answer to why it took so long, why didn't they get it done sooner and perhaps helped finance the club to a stronger battle against relegation. If we take -15 point deduction again next season, on top of relegation, how many people are going to turn up to games? I could see crowds below 15,000 for sure. 

Obviously, all the above is just a bleak hypothetical at this point, but honestly part of me is just tired with the situation. We aren't football supporters anymore, we're carers for a deteriorating club that once upon of time allowed us to support and dream of what could be. I feel a sense of duty to the players who have stuck around, a love for the club based on previous eras but the EFL and the current state of the club has drained a ton of love out of the sport for me that I realistically don't feel will return - and part of me will always be bitter for this era. Mel, Gibson (not Mel Gibson), the bald Wycombe tosspot, the EFL, the CONSTANT narrative around finances in football... it's a grim reality of what being a Derby fan has become. 

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Simon Stone's tweet did not say "we have funding for the season"; it said the Administrators provided "updates on both the preferred bidder situation and a funding plan through to the end of the season".

So a plan on how the club would/could be funded, not proof of actual funds as you seem to interpret.

The plan might be get the PB in before the end of March or it might be to look behind the cushions on the sofa.

Or to increase MSD loan. Or sell some season tickets for next year?  

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

That didn't take long for the EFL leak to come out.

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Am not sure how ITK journalists exist if it wasn't for leaks or inside information. It's the trading of private information which drives part of our economy. 

8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

"Breathing space" but just one month to get a  Preferred Bidder's non-refundable deposit or another MSD loan.

And will the EFL extend again - until the end of March?

The more games we play the harder it is for the efl to tip us over and out of the league just because the knock on effects of point deductions become more complicated. The next tricky period, unless a PB is sorted by then, is the international break at the end of the month when there’s a gap in fixtures.