The Administration Thread

Boycie

Anybody remember the name of the bar closest to the old ABC cinema in east street it was a fairly soulless place and ‘modern’ by 1970’s standards but you could just about get there in time for a quick pint after the late film finished 

2 hours ago, The Baron said:

They probably won’t talk to me. The last time I was on the radio (via Zoom) with Rick Parry the producer said he would only come on the show if I didn’t ask any questions and my microphone was switched off when he was being interviewed. 

I assume that’s because he has no idea what he is saying - disgraceful really if a senior figure in an organisation can’t handle questions about their own organisation.

7 minutes ago, Monty said:

Anybody remember the name of the bar closest to the old ABC cinema in east street it was a fairly soulless place and ‘modern’ by 1970’s standards but you could just about get there in time for a quick pint after the late film finished 

It was the Newmarket inn on the corner of Albion street.

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

A little bit of work done, The Reindeer was on Eagle Street in Derby...map below

image.png.19a445ffbc879de7d0a37e07de3534a3.png

This shows where the Reindeer was

https://www.closedpubs.co.uk/derbyshire/derby_reindeer.html

Cheshire Cheese,  Trident, Reindeer, Tiger, The Knotted Snake, The coliseum.  This thread shows that Derby perhaps has Britain's oddest selection of pub names if nothing else.

17 minutes ago, angieram said:

May I take this opportunity to point you in the direction of the Jim Smith forum, where you can discuss bygone Derby to your hearts' content! 

Just have a thought for people coming in from busy days at work having to wade through all this.

Just a thought for people coming in from busy days at woha ha simpsons GIFrk 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

One was expected to appear between the  Jurassic and Cretaceous period but there was a slight delay.  Admin update expected after the second coming of Christ though, so probably another 48 hrs at a guess.  Imminent anyway.

Thanks for the update, I'll ask again tomorrow!

Had 5 live on in car on way home and Tony Livesey trailing Colin Murray's show later said "you may want to listen in Derby fans as he may have better news for you". So do you think it will be news news that derby fans wouldnt know or just keeping us in spotlight as he has been really supportive? Would he have actual news of is Tony Livesey just a Burnley fan trying to get more listeners? Anyone else hear it? 

Edited by CBRammette
Typo