The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

The EFL nightmare scenario.

We stay up on the last day, nice new owner comes in.

ITV make lovely heart-warming TV film about us. 

Boris needs polls boost - after bad local elections in May - so cuts EFL's nuts off to secure East Midlands marginal seats.

Actually those seats are looking rather vital 

50 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

But why? Assuming he’s still worth 100s of millions, he gives security to the bank and the bank issues the guarantee. We have struggles enough please don’t go looking for more 

But why would he need to do that? Surely he just needs to prove to the court/EFL or whoever else, that he’s worth 100s of millions. If he could convince the bank then he’d be able to convince anyone else. I doubt anyone seriously thinks he’s a flight risk that would disappear if he lost the case so I don’t think providing security would be necessary. I just don’t see the point of involving a bank. It’s not my area of expertise but I would imagine such a guarantee is quite rare.

To put a positive spin on things; when the fixtures used to be released I always looked for:

- When do we play Forest

- When do we play Leeds

- When do we play Stoke 

Now, I can add Boro to the list. Football would be nothing if there weren’t teams you just love to beat. ?

For the avoidance of doubt, no, Wycombe don’t make the list. We still don’t care enough about them….?

28 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

For those who were asking earlier where the animosity from Boro fans towards Derby fans comes from, it's stuff like this ?

But that is because he is? 

Quite literally destroying a club as collateral damage with no regard to its fans and community, in response to a personal vendetta against another egotistical millionaire who happened to call him out in dodgy tax liability selling ffp avoiding practices. 

For avoidance of all doubt, Gibson has done this for 2 reasons, a quick cash grab with no due process after backroom deals with the EFL, and to destroy MMS reputation even further to the point he will not be able to enter Derbyshire. 

I’d say ‘scum’ is a little light under the circumstances. 

8 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Morris himself said that what we did was legal, and it was said in defence of your stadium sale which was also found to be legal and I have already said this in an earlier post.

What Gibson did was not explicitly against the rules at the time, but was obviously against the spirit of the rules. The EFL subsequently closed the loophole by adjusting their rules. What Morris did was not explicitly against the rules at the time, but was obviously against the spirit of the rules. The EFL retroactively changed the rules (because of pressure from Gibson) and charged us, which led to where we are now. Spot the difference?

2 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

To put a positive spin on things; when the fixtures used to be released I always looked for:

- When do we play Forest

- When do we play Leeds

- When do we play Stoke 

Now, I can add Boro to the list. Football would be nothing if there weren’t teams you just love to beat. ?

For the avoidance of doubt, no, Wycombe don’t make the list. We still don’t care enough about them….?

Got to have a team to be able to play...

1 hour ago, Indy said:

This makes no sense at all. If using a different method isn’t cheating (which it isn’t), then using that (legal) method to pass FFP also isnt cheating. 

I suspect we accepted a 9 point deduction in order to draw a line under it and facilitate a sale. I don’t remember any admission of guilt (similar to paying out an out of court settlement). 

The administrators accepted a 9 point deduction to get the sale moving - clearly that was a major mistake by them but then again the way things are panning out we might as well appeal it as it doesn’t matter what’s in the rules anymore about timings or having the right to do so and we can refuse to have the issue dealt with.

4 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Multiple people have thanked me for coming on, so we can start there I guess. Anyway, since I want to keep it civil I'll be ignoring you from now on.

What do you think Gibson will do if we can’t get past his claim/action and it looks like we could be liquidated? I don’t think we have it confirmed that we have enough money to see the season out without a preferred bidder in place to give a cash injection.

21 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

After Morris gaslit you all for 5 years, what makes you put any trust in a word he says?

This whole agenda that fans of other clubs has around DCFC fans trusting Mel Morris winds me up.

Not one person on this forum, in Pride Park, on Twitter, or wherever, has any trust in a word Mel Morris says. We spent the best part of a decade backing him in his efforts to get us promoted. He was questioned repeatedly at fan forums, Q&As and in the press as to how close to FFP we were, and whether our spending levels were sustainable.

Now at that point, as fans without sight of the inner workings of our club ownership, we have no option but to accept what he says. Is there an element of our fanbase that revelled in him sailing close to the wind? Yes. Every club has those fans who banter (ugh, horrible word) on social media.

Did we call him one of our own for delivering trips to Wembley and players we didn't expect to see here? Yes. Why wouldn't we, even knowing his idiosyncracies (too close to players for example)

Clearly, he lied. Plain and simple. To fans, managers, players, journalists, the EFL, everyone. 

So now, nobody trusts him. Quite rightly.

However, our club is on the brink of extinction. Despite people saying, "oh it will get sorted out eventually, typical Derby will get away with it". That attitude is what will see the club go under. We are fans, we have no power beyond spending money at the club and raising awareness of the threat, so if he is offering to take on the claims personally, we will obviously cling to that faint hope, whether it's realistic or not. WE ARE DESPERATE.

Should our fans be threatening Gibson? No of course not, but he is threatening the future of the club, regardless of whether that is his intention. Football is a weird, tribal community that binds people together, and turbocharges emotions. The depth of loathing now towards Gibson will not go anywhere quickly and I hope for everyone's sake, that even if the procedural concept of Morris and Gibson taking the claims personal is impossible, both of them work to remove DCFC from the dispute and allow the takeover to happen, because if they don't, the club WILL liquidate, and the likes of the EFL, Gibson, Couhig, Morris, etc will have seen nothing compared to the fury DCFC fans will have at the loss of their club. Not a threat, just a fact.

2 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

- When do we play Forest

- When do we play Leeds

- When do we play Stoke 

Frankly it's just Boro for me and maybe Wycombe to a lesser extent. I don't even see Forest as our primary rival anymore, why hate a club just because they are down the road, when you have a club/s that want to see us liquidated just on the slim chance fill their pockets.

20 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

I don't underestimate it at all. All I'm saying is you really shouldn't be surprised there are fans on our side who see comments like that and like others in this thread and develop animosity towards your fans and your club. 

Then they'll fall in line with your chairman who thinks nothing of holding Derby hostage to lure Morris and Co out so they can settle this rooster measuring contest

Feck Derby, it's fans, it's staff, it's players, it's entire existence. 

You're in the right. Gibson is doing what's right. He just wants what's fair. 

It's him I feel sorry for. This must have been horrible for him. 

The last thing he wants is the death of Derby but unfortunately to achieve victory his personal war with EFL/Mel Morris he has no choice but to do what he's doing. A tragedy for him

Mel caused all this and now Gibson has yo see it through. 

I've only just realised how brave and noble he is.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I’m sure we must’ve discussed this at some point, but I’ve just re-read the judgement on Middlesbrough’s application to join as an affected party in our original case (covering both stadium valuation and amortisation). I remembered that their request to join as a party (and therefore be considered to be awarded compensation by the panel) had failed. What I had forgotten was that the ruling also said that they could not commence their own arbitration regarding these matters. That being the case - why can we not just point at this finding and say an independent panel has already ruled that this current action is not permissible?

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/c9fc5dceaa7f4b62b81dca0b9e2f7c9d/2020.10.26---decision-on-mfc-redaction.pdf

9EC8C084-9E89-46AA-ACC6-0274FD84D1B2.jpeg

Because apparently the EFL have refused to look at Middlesbrough claim - maybe because they will know this to be the case - no conspiracy authors needed 

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

What do you think Gibson will do if we can’t get past his claim/action and it looks like we could be liquidated? I don’t think we have it confirmed that we have enough money to see the season out without a preferred bidder in place to give a cash injection.

I think if it came down to the wire he would drop the claim. 

9 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

I didn't answer because I don't have an answer, I'm not an accountant. Given that Mel Morris brought it up (and actually said it was legal) and had a representative for his club on the EFL board at the time I'd assume it has been rigorously checked for it's legality. 

Will, Mel Morris did not say it was legal he put it in the press Gibson you lead i follow, meaning if you can bend the rules so can Derby.

Bristol City have had 2 share releases to beat ffp, surprise the owner bought them all, wonder if anyone had a chance too purchase any on the open market?  Cheating or not ?

not looked into this one but informed when boro promoted they were £70 million over ffp, and when relegated surprise no points deductions.

PRIDE PARK opened July 1997 and the construction costs £28 million and a New York based company have valued it 3 times who are on the top 100 companies of the New York exchange, do you really think they would risk their reputation for Derby County.

Will do not believe every word Gibson says for he his in our view, what your view of Mel Morris.

Will enjoy the game on saturday and lets hope football is the winner. COYR

13 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything, I'm here to give a perspective from our side. Given the nature of your many responses to me you're clearly not interested in it, so why not just ignore me? There are plenty of others who have engaged in civil conversation.

Thnak BoroWill, Yyou have been courteous and brave, just very misguided in your judgement of Gibson. And the effect he is having, and even worse potentially could have, on our local community in Derby and Derbyshire.