The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Why would it be the last thing we need right now? We’ve behaved impeccable so far and looks where that’s got us. It’s now time for the gloves to come off. When they’re taking away everything from you what else do you have to lose. 

Even the most mild person can only be pushed so far before they push back, and my worry is the trouble being caused by the smog ridden fans .

As a club and a fan base we are the stick that the EFL will use to beat the other members with (do as we say or go the way of DCFC if you dare rebel )

On radio Derby this morning Chris Coles said one of the options is that Mel Morris could take on the M & W claims himself therefore would free up the situation enabling a preferred bidder to take over.

If he is correct then surely this would be the best route to take and Mel would get to rub Gibsons nose in it at court and make him pay all the costs. Or is it not as simple as that?

31 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

So if this Ebosele story is true, it's exactly why Rooney said in early January that the ownership needed sorting before the end of the transfer window & he actually said that some of his players had been offered pre-contract deals elsewhere.

If the ownership was already sorted, we could have given these players new contracts which would also have protected their financial value to us

Yes exactly BUT the timescales of "sorting" it is not in our hands, and that problem is being brutally used against us. It is clearly the tactic of the EFL and the Parasites to wage a war of delay and attrition. Our only weapon is to succeed on the pitch.

1 minute ago, hiltonram said:

On radio Derby this morning Chris Coles said one of the options is that Mel Morris could take on the M & W claims himself therefore would free up the situation enabling a preferred bidder to take over.

If he is correct then surely this would be the best route to take and Mel would get to rub Gibsons nose in it at court and make him pay all the costs. Or is it not as simple as that?

This has been mentioned a few times. But to me it looks more and more like Mel put us in admin to try and escape the claims so it just seems so unlikely he will underwrite them - but there could be more twists to come. 

1 minute ago, hiltonram said:

But for Mel never doing it…

2 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

Would be brilliant and what a way to restore his reputation....from zero to hero.

MFC have issued a statement, surprisingly they agree with the EFL that their claim is a football debt.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/mfc-response-to-efl-statement-on-Derby-county

Once I got past all the drivel, this bit at the end stuck out……

A significant focus of MFC’s claim against Derby County relates to the sale of Derby County’s stadium and the belief that it was done in a way which manipulated the Profit and Sustainability Rules.

The valuation of PP has been accepted by the LAP/DC, the EFL didn’t appeal this and MFCs original claim for £40M on the basis of the stadium was rejected by the LAP in October 2020.  Surely, if the basis of the claim is the same, they’re playing into the admins hands?  Perhaps @Brailsford Ram can advise as you seem knowledgable in this area?

2 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

It's the best course of action for all concerned except Mel Morris...

I'm sure there are ways it could be achieved effectively - at the moment the insolvency shields Mel from responsibility but he could indemnify new owners or agree to settle MFC and WW or some other mechanism to make it that way.

But my faith that he would is nil.

2 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

MFC have issued a statement, surprisingly they agree with the EFL that their claim is a football debt.

A significant focus of MFC’s claim against Derby County relates to the sale of Derby County’s stadium and the belief that it was done in a way which manipulated the Profit and Sustainability Rules.

The valuation of PP has been accepted by the LAP/DC, the EFL didn’t appeal this and MFCs original claim for £40M on the basis of the stadium was rejected by the LAP in October 2020.  Surely, if the basis of the claim is the same, they’re playing into the admins hands?  Perhaps @Brailsford Ram can advise as you seem knowledgable in this area?

Except nowhere do the EFL say Boro's claim is a debt. Lots of neat wordplay going on with both of them. The bit at the end just highlights the vendetta angle from Boro.

3 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

In a way that has been investigated, examined by due process and found to have not broken the profit and sustainability rules?

Guess who's back!

MFC has always maintained that its claim against Derby County is a football related debt and that it should be treated as such. MFC welcomes the EFL’s confirmation that it shares this view. If the administrators believe that the EFL are not entitled to take this stance, MFC has offered to refer the matter to a judge to decide.

Well. There it is. 

suggestions that it is the claims of our club and Wycombe, and the EFL, that are preventing a successful outcome. It is not true and these statements are deeply unfair, not only to our club, but also to the Derby County supporters who deserve better.

Don't you dare pretend you care about the Derby fans. No.

A significant focus of MFC’s claim against Derby County relates to the sale of Derby County’s stadium and the belief that it was done in a way which manipulated the Profit and Sustainability Rules. The same transaction is now a material reason why the administration cannot be resolved. MFC, and many other stakeholders in football, do not understand why the administrator refuses to acknowledge this problem and, instead, chooses to unfairly blame us, Wycombe and the EFL.

You mean the stadium sale that was ruled as OK? That other teams have done too? It was, and (unless I'm mistaken) still is well within the rules. Amazing that they aren't going after the amortisation - that would make way more sense!

I'm even more angry now.

Middlesbrough statement shortly after the EFL statement and fresh comments from Couhig in the press, all echoing the same sentiments, all trying to push focus back onto the admins and Morris. It’s clear they are ganging up to try and force the issue in their favour. Unlike some I am pleased by the admins decision not to engage them on their claims, and hope they do pursue things legally and get the claims shut down for good.

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Guess who's back!

Well. There it is. 

You mean the stadium sale that was ruled as OK? That other teams have done too? It was, and (unless I'm mistaken) still is well within the rules. Amazing that they aren't going after the amortisation - that would make way more sense!

I'm even more angry now.

Oh they are upset about the amortization but Gibson is really upset the Riverside is worth less than pride park. Business bro ego...

10 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Well, the Gibbon probably co wrote it so no surprise…

So let's get this straight:
Middlesbrough are claiming we disadvantaged them by selling a stadium in a manner that is within the rules and that we've already been cleared of any wrongdoing over.
Wycombe are claiming that we got them relegated last season by submitting our accounts "too late" for us to get relegated, despite the EFL confirming that they wouldn't be relegating us last season in the exact same statement that they first acknowledge that they received confirmation that we had to resubmit the accounts.

Cool

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Guess who's back!

Well. There it is. 

I'm even more angry now.

They haven't got a leg to stand on if their claim is based on the stadium. For them to have a shot at a successful claim, they need to prove we breached the EFL's regulations. As the stadium sale charge was dismissed and not appeals by the EFL, there is no breach.

12 minutes ago, Ramos said:

This has been mentioned a few times. But to me it looks more and more like Mel put us in admin to try and escape the claims so it just seems so unlikely he will underwrite them - but there could be more twists to come. 

But now we hear the claims are around 7 million that would not be a big loss to someone like Mel if he loses but if he wins he would win his battle with Gibson and give us our club back and even if he losses we get our club back.

8 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Guess who's back!

Well. There it is. 

I'm even more angry now.

Honestly this parasitical worm Gibson  keeps appearing. .. I repeat I think the game against boro needs to be postponed , EFL and Boro just inflaming the situation beyond words.  

Gibson needs to be kicked out of football he is a disgrace to the game and to his club.