The Administration Thread

Boycie

23 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Boro's statement of 18/1/22 says 'MFC first intimated a claim against Derby County in May 2019 immediately following the end of the 2018/19 season. The claim was held in abeyance whilst the EFL Disciplinary Proceedings against Derby County were followed through to a conclusion. MFC then sent Derby County a Letter Before Action in the autumn of 2020 and started arbitration proceedings against Derby County in January 2021.'

As I've pointed out before, Boro initially announced their claim three days before our play-off final against Villa in May 19, no doubt to try and cause maximal disruption to us in that game.

The EFL now putting out a statement saying that Boro's claim against us 'commenced initially in January 2021' doesn't quite give the whole story when compared to Boro's.

I must admit to not quite understanding the complicated timeline of the whole process of MM's tenure and the EFL cases against us, appeals etc and would very much like to see this set out. My grasp of it is that, intertwined with what the EFL seem to set out as a matter of fact date when Boro started their claim against us in January 21, is Boro wanted to make a claim against the EFL, were told not to but to do so against Derby directly, but to hold off while disciplinary proceedings were held against us. We won the case the EFL brought concerning sale of the stadium. and all but wording to be made clearer on amortisation, then lost on appeal by the EFL that had no accountant on the panel that we then could not appeal against.

So essentially most of the delay in the case, from May 19 until now, has been due to EFL processes and not MM or Quantuma dragging their feet over it.

That’s the really weird thing. As of January 2021, we were officially innocent of basically everything. The EFL had appealed but the result of that appeal wouldn’t be announced until May 2021. So what even is their claim? Or have they changed it since (thus rendering all claims about it being a long-standing one moot)?

5 minutes ago, R@M said:

Just reading the Blackpool piece and found this….

https://www.theifo.co.uk/contact-us.html

The Independent Football Ombudsman

WTF? There is a complaint form. We should send in thousands…why have I not heard them mentioned or involved?

Because presumably it would in our case have to be quantuma who took the case to the Ombudsman?

58 minutes ago, David said:

Before I sign off the night and listen to the missus woes from work, just going to say this, don’t be angry at the EFL’s statement tonight, it’s a positive one for us and it clearly states their position which allows us to move forward with a high court judgment.

Whilst we might disagree on the side they fell into, it wasn’t totally unexpected and we’ve been desperate for them to come down off the fence for a while now, this is better than to continue stalling. 

Quantuma have what they need now, the EFL’s position and proof of funds to see us through the next couple of months, time for court. 

They've come off the fence with red splinters in their arse

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Because presumably it would in our case have to be quantuma who took the case to the Ombudsman?

That’s what I thought, but their basic raison d’etra is to be an escalation point for complaints not resolved by the footballing bodies. Raise a complaint against them over their handling of the case (everything) which we can do as fans, then send it to their ombudsman. Worth a shot?

16 minutes ago, R@M said:

Just reading the Blackpool piece and found this….

https://www.theifo.co.uk/contact-us.html

The Independent Football Ombudsman

WTF? There is a complaint form. We should send in thousands…why have I not heard them mentioned or involved?

Looked at this couple of weeks ago - you have to fully go through process with EFL first. Although seems like it, dont think far enough along as yet

1 hour ago, David said:

Before I sign off the night and listen to the missus woes from work, just going to say this, don’t be angry at the EFL’s statement tonight, it’s a positive one for us and it clearly states their position which allows us to move forward with a high court judgment.

Whilst we might disagree on the side they fell into, it wasn’t totally unexpected and we’ve been desperate for them to come down off the fence for a while now, this is better than to continue stalling. 

Quantuma have what they need now, the EFL’s position and proof of funds to see us through the next couple of months, time for court. 

Just a thought, but can Quantuma seek a high court judgement on something as a defendant without a claim actually being submitted? I’m sure it was mentioned Wycombe had not issued any papers?