The Administration Thread

Boycie

23 minutes ago, Crewton said:

If Couhig and Gibson are confident in the validity of their cases, they should publish the detail of their claims in the public arena. They've built their PR strategy on slandering DCFC and us, the fans, so it's time for them to poo or get off the pot. 

Yes. These definitely should be made public. I have emailed the EFL and requested they do so. 

8 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Depends on the operating loss at the club though? Even if he bought us for a quid if the debts accrued are too high to make us too risky then he'll just walk away and not buy us. I think this is the big issue with wycombe and Boro, the potential liability is so high it makes us completely unattractive. Even if we settled with Boro for 10-15 million and wycombe for 2-3 million it makes me wonder if any investor is willing to fork that over to save us. 

Of course, but Ashley who has great experience of this process in his many lines of business, won’t 1) have a great operating loss to overcome, and 2) he won’t pay more than the figure he wants to pay. 

1) With debts removed, our current wage bill, and say a £25k average attendance through the season I bet we would not be far from from breaking even with the odd player sale now and again from the academy to keep us in check. Obviously tier 2 football will mean squad changes/further cost cutting, but I am still not ruling out the Great Escape (starting with another 3 points on Saturday).

2) Whatever he is prepared to pay will to be covered all creditor claims, and a completely clean exit. He isn’t going to leave himself exposed to contingent claims after exit.

15 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I see the Admins missed yet another deadline yesterday after agreeing with Ramstrust to provide an update to fans. 

It takes 10 minutes to type an update, they're not doing themselves any favours at all. 

Just a thought, but perhaps they're a little busy (you know, trying to get a deal and save the club) - I'd much rather they spent their time doing that than putting out a statement to pacify a few impatient fans (most of whom have no idea what the role of the Administrators is, but seem to think that they are working exclusively at the beck and call of the supporters....)

7 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

In view of my observations above I do not think we should be even entertaining Middlesbrough around a table. I think we should now be going on the attack against them and the EFL and attempt to expose their corrupt vendetta against us for the charade that it is. I was a senior criminal investigating officer, in a force outside Derbyshire, with 40 years experience - 25 of them at the senior level I have referred to. From what has been placed in the public domain today it suggests that the EFL has used DCFC as a Trojan Horse to deflect their own liability towards us in a collusive deal with Middlesbrough. As a result we have been subjected to unjustified punitive transfer embargoes and restrictions on top of the 21 points penalty we have accepted.

If I was still at work and in receipt of a complaint about this matter, I would be conducting dawn raids at the EFL and the Riverside Stadium tomorrow to secure evidence. I will be passing my observations to the administrators tomorrow because this is too late in the day for anyone to be fiddling while Derby is burning.

If the EFL, Middlesbrough and Wycombe want a fight, now is the time for us to take them on because the intervention of the politicians has brought about exposure of the wrongs that have been inflicted on our club.

We should now be taking off the gloves and fighting back if we are to survive.

For the immediate issue, is this credible concern of a criminal case enough to get an injunction to force:

- clarification of “football creditors”

- approval of preferred bidder and route out of administration through CVA

- consideration of proof of funds to complete season being about running costs (not fantasy future liabilities)

- resultant removal of latest hard transfer embargo (assuming restrictions around loan fees, wages etc still in place to end of season as agreed)

Who would action an injunction? Quantuma? Is this something a parliamentary intervention would also achieve?

All of this would allow us to move forward and still leave the option of Boro and Wycombe to pursue claims afterwards if they wanted  

That podcast tells me that Boro were not in the slightest interested in the EFL applying rules. They were after money. And once again Parry brought up the stadium sale without saying that that point was resolved in Derby's favour, with no punishment. I have no problem if they give their side as long as the are honest....that was NOT.

Boro got the application of the rules that they claimed they wanted (according to Parry) but then simply saw an opportunity for money. Someone ask Parry if he can give any other example of this opportunism? There must now be about 20 cases of exceeding FFP...have any others been followed up with a claim for compo?? None...and we get 2.

27 minutes ago, peakram said:

It was on a podcast interview, not radio my mistake 

This podcast should really be the end of it.

The EFL did not enforce their rules in a timely manner, as openly admitted by the chairman of the EFL. Derby cannot go bust because of that, it simply cannot be allowed to happen.

34 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

I wouldn't say it's quite that simple when said update could be used in court later down the line. Also when your waging a PR war against someone and trying to keep potential buyers on the hook you want to make sure you get your wording right

I agree, so then why commit to sending out the update the same day with little to no realistic chance of that happening? 

7 minutes ago, Red_ram said:

Mad thought; instead a million individual meetings of the affected parties with MPs, councillors, fan groups, media types, that guy who once did that thing, milkman, etc etc. why not have one, with 4 groups in a room and stay there until something is sorted.

Make the meeting pay per view, will help the club secure funding to see out the season.

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

For the immediate issue, is this credible concern of a criminal case enough to get an injunction to force:

- clarification of “football creditors”

- approval of preferred bidder and route out of administration through CVA

- consideration of proof of funds to complete season being about running costs (not fantasy future liabilities)

- resultant removal of latest hard transfer embargo (assuming restrictions around loan fees, wages etc still in place to end of season as agreed)

Who would action an injunction? Quantuma? Is this something a parliamentary intervention would also achieve?

All of this would allow us to move forward and still leave the option of Boro and Wycombe to pursue claims afterwards if they wanted  

Can you even get an injunction? These are rules of membership of the EFL, not legal barriers 

23 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Just a thought, but perhaps they're a little busy (you know, trying to get a deal and save the club) - I'd much rather they spent their time doing that than putting out a statement to pacify a few impatient fans (most of whom have no idea what the role of the Administrators is, but seem to think that they are working exclusively at the beck and call of the supporters....)

As I mentioned to another poster, that’s fine and I agree with you, they are busy (rightly so) 

So then why commit to sending out the update yesterday with little to no chance of that taking place. It makes them look incompetent, isn’t the first time they’ve done it either 

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

This podcast should really be the end of it.

The EFL did not enforce their rules in a timely manner, as openly admitted by the chairman of the EFL. Derby cannot go bust because of that, it simply cannot be allowed to happen.

So 

The EFL didn’t enforce its own rules on time

Parry admitted the EFL were going to be sued by Boro until they did something 

Derby have already been punished for their amortisation policy (and still being punished)

Gibson is plucking figures out of the air from PaddyPower 

Lawyers have already said the Boro and Wycombe claims are likely to fail

The EFL were not up to date with insolvency laws

The man responsible for the problems is not at the club anymore

No way should Derby be allowed to go under. This will never be forgotten even if Derby survive. 

4 minutes ago, Derbados said:

As I mentioned to another poster, that’s fine and I agree with you, they are busy (rightly so) 

So then why commit to sending out the update yesterday with little to no chance of that taking place. It makes them look incompetent, isn’t the first time they’ve done it either 

When you're busy, other more important stuff sometimes gets in the way of what you'd planned to do  - that's not incompetent, it's just life.....

5 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

So 

The EFL didn’t enforce its own rules on time

Parry admitted the EFL were going to be sued by Boro until they did something 

Derby have already been punished for their amortisation policy (and still being punished)

Gibson is plucking figures out of the air from PaddyPower 

Lawyers have already said the Boro and Wycombe claims are likely to fail

The EFL were not up to date with insolvency laws

The man responsible for the problems is not at the club anymore

No way should Derby be allowed to go under. This will never be forgotten even if Derby survive. 

Brilliant summary.  The fact it has been called out by MPs that the EFL were not up to date is the stinker for me...surely that settles jt??!

9 minutes ago, Maharan said:

Can you even get an injunction? These are rules of membership of the EFL, not legal barriers 

If they're being used to prevent the Administrators from carrying out their legal duty (in terms of exiting Administration), I'm sure there is something that can be done. Whatever rules the EFL invent, they are still bound by the law of the land....

3 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Brilliant summary.  The fact it has been called out by MPs that the EFL were not up to date is the stinker for me...surely that settles jt??!

Surely it settles it for any reasonable person but the EFL are scared of being sued, their members would have to pay, they make up rules as they go along and Boro will fail FFP without promotion or extra money in the coffers. Wycombe along for the ride as well. Parasites. A proper legal challenge would kill this off. Derby are being taken advantage of. Mel Morris has fed Derby to the sharks. The whole situation is disgusting.