The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

Sorry - you do realise why MP's end up as MP's don't you?

They can talk a good game but ultimately deliver sweet FA - that's why they end up as MP's they wouldn't last 5 minutes in the real world!!

While earning £81,932 plus expences...like I said, Might be thick but they aint Stupid?

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

Would be funny if Quantuma are found to be vindicated, but Derby get relegated by a point or so (this bit not so funny, bear with me). Derby then sue the EFL for not allowing Jagielka to re-sign and being forced into selling Shinnie and others, these being the difference between relegation and survival.

That is a very fair point. If EFL take action based on an unlawful rule then any action they take in consequence of that rule may also be challenged. 

I work with ministers and MPs (of all parties) and there’s definitely a wide range of competence, ability and conflicting motivations (eg party politics versus public good). Having said that, this issue - a legal disagreement with community impact - is exactly what they should be able to address, and a decent win for them in terms of positive PR if they can influence the situation.

Fingers crossed they can fight on our behalf, as this situation definitely feels political (with a small ‘p’) on EFL’s behalf. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Going back to this (and probably not expecting anyone on here to know the answer, but anyway...). If the admins have this new tool available to them, specifically legislated to apply for last-ditch cases like us, is there any blowback on the admins (or anyone else) if they chose not to use it and just liquidated us? Do the creditors who would have got something get to take legal action against the admins, or the creditors who blocked it?  Are the admins in trouble with their regulator/professional body/whatever if they don't use it?

I'm just wondering how nasty the rock-and-hard-place the admins are stuck between actually is.

40 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

This worries me 

The MP's won't really have a clue about the situation & will get fobbed off by Trevor Birch bulls**t

They'll come back and say they tried but we have to let the process play out

You can see it coming a mile off.....

They might get fobbed off today but if they've got anything about them they'll go away and speak to Q and the Supporters Group to form a rounded opinion. If they don't then that's the next thing we push for...

Is the local media (Radio Derby, DET) doing everything they can to highlight our Clubs' precarious position to the rest of the footballing world in this country? Surely at the very least, by now they should have asked to interview the owners of Boro and Wycombe, ask them to clarify their motives for pursuing the actions they are taking and get their view if these actions drive Derby County as we now know it out of business.

Make the news, don't just regurgitate other source information/ gossip.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Is the local media (Radio Derby, DET) doing everything they can to highlight our Clubs' precarious position to the rest of the footballing world in this country? Surely at the very least, by now they should have asked to interview the owners of Boro and Wycombe, ask them to clarify their motives for pursuing the actions they are taking and get their view if these actions drive Derby County as we now know it out of business.

Make the news, don't just regurgitate other source information/ gossip.

Only chance you have of getting anything out of the Wycombe bloke is if you tell him you were injured at work…

22 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

LOL - nice one ?

But still dont think they'll deliver anything of note this afternoon - clueless money grabbing lying f**kwits the lot of them? 

£82,000 isn't an excessive salary for a job based in central London which doesn't pay overtime, may involve allot of travelling, and which carries the risk of daily abuse, threats to life and limb, and even the occasional assassination, even if there are generous living expenses thrown in.

27 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Going back to this (and probably not expecting anyone on here to know the answer, but anyway...). If the admins have this new tool available to them, specifically legislated to apply for last-ditch cases like us, is there any blowback on the admins (or anyone else) if they chose not to use it and just liquidated us? Do the creditors who would have got something get to take legal action against the admins, or the creditors who blocked it?  Are the admins in trouble with their regulator/professional body/whatever if they don't use it?

I'm just wondering how nasty the rock-and-hard-place the admins are stuck between actually is.

The admins have a legal duty to act in the interests of the creditor sand to avoid liquidation if they can.

Problems arise when different creditors disagree about what is best for them. 

40 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

LOL - nice one ?

But still dont think they'll deliver anything of note this afternoon - clueless money grabbing lying f**kwits the lot of them? 

A threat to withdraw funding of any sort will get the EFLs attention

32 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I met a couple of swingers the other day, It was their 1st encounter on the swinging scene, Unfortunately she struggled and I got a blowback

PS...I aint tellin ?

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Why aren’t Middlesbrough suing Aston Villa? The team who actually won the playoffs while failing FFP?

Because the EFL can't get involved with anything to do with a Premier League team. 

The question should be 'Why didn't Middlesbrough sue Derby in 2019'. The answer, because we didn't have a noose around our neck like we do now. 

This whole debacle is like 10 bullies at school picking on one lad and they think it's funny, until the lad shows up with Cobra Kai. 

Edited by Bald Eagle's Barmy Army