The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I think that if he was really invested in the survival of our club he would have bid by now. If he's just going to stand by and wait until our club is decimated before he buys us at the lowest price possible then I question how much he cares about all the people who make up our club against how much he cares about his own profit and personal gain.

Those questions already have answers, we already know that this is exactly how Ashley operates.

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely spot on. Simple "what if?" / Risk Analysis. The Admins are paid big money and you'd think they would assess every possible scenario. Not just go to the EFL will 1 proposal when there's a few snake oil salesmen sat around the table.

What if they turned up at the meeting with a plan in place to cover the £6-7m running costs expected, and the EFL turned round and said they also needed to cover an extra £45m in the event that Boro were successful in being added as football creditors?

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

What if they turned up at the meeting with a plan in place to cover the £6-7m running costs expected, and the EFL turned round and said they also needed to cover an extra £45m in the event that Boro were successful in being added as football creditors?

You'd hope the administrators release that information as part of their statement.

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I give up, You just dont get it do you? They're breaking their own rules for the benefit of other members, They're cutting our legs off to make sure we're unable to play the game, What land do you live in, Is it one where fairies and angels play and no cheating and lying goes on.

I believe that your information is spot on Alf. I was told yesterday that Ashley was chosen as the preferred bidder because his bid was higher than Andy Appleby's. The Appleby consortium had been informed of the outcome and were not prepared to go higher. The lateness of Ashley's bid was inevitably going to cause some delay but the administrators were confident of their position and believed we would be able to do some transfer dealing to take the club forward. What has happened since yesterday is a disgrace perpetrated by the EFL. Their own rules state that disputes between member clubs should be dealt with by way of an EFL Tribunal with no right of appeal and no recourse to civil action. If that is how it is the EFL are ripping up their own rule book. I think they may well be exposing themselves to future legal action. You couldn't make this up. I just hope the administrator's will have some recourse of their own. The supporters of Derby County have put millions into the EFL coffers and now they want to wipe us out. They would do well as EU commissioners.

27 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Statement is going to be a one minute to 5 on a Friday jobby closely followed by a everyone is now out of the office until Monday morning.

The43 last time they spoke to Rams Trust this was the last question ans answer -

11 Next Meeting

When will the next meeting with the fans take place?

We suggest week commencing 17 January. Date to be agreed with Ang Allen.

So perhaps they'll wait until Monday.

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I believe that your information is spot on Alf. I was told yesterday that Ashley was chosen as the preferred bidder because his bid was higher than Andy Appleby's. The Appleby consortium had been informed of the outcome and were not prepared to go higher. The lateness of Ashley's bid was inevitably going to cause some delay but the administrators were confident of their position and believed we would be able to do some transfer dealing to take the club forward. What has happened since yesterday is a disgrace perpetrated by the EFL. Their own rules state that disputes between member clubs should be dealt with by way of an EFL Tribunal with no right of appeal and no recourse to civil action. If that is how it is the EFL are ripping up their own rule book. I think they may well be exposing themselves to future legal action. You couldn't make this up. I just hope the administrator's will have some recourse of their own. The supporters of Derby County have put millions into the EFL coffers and now they want to wipe us out. They would do well as EU commissioners.

If this is true and is what has happened, why don't the Administrators just call the EFL out? 

If any of this EFL adding boro & Wycombe to the creditors list or telling us to settle is entirely true what legal reasons do the admins have to not publicly say so?

“X is our preferred bidder who covers Y cost of purchasing/financing the club. However X has now withdrawn their offer as the EFL have told Admins that the claims from Boro & Wycombe must be settled out of court. Yada yada against own EFL rules yada yada”

54 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Commiserations mate. I’ve spent the afternoon moving 2 tons of Earth with a spade and wheelbarrow. Got into the zone And imagined I was digging up Boro’s pitch. I am also disappointed to see Jags go, good organiser at the back. Where do we go from here ?

Will Gibson still be able to see his house our did you cover it completely?

13 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I give up, You just dont get it do you? They're breaking their own rules for the benefit of other members, They're cutting our legs off to make sure we're unable to play the game, What land do you live in, Is it one where fairies and angels play and no cheating and lying goes on.

Funnily enough, what they are actually doing now - because they can see where this might be heading - is handling everything absolutely by the book. And ironically that is hurting us, because this is a complex and specific situation and what we desperately need is some wisdom and discretion from our regulator. But we won’t get that, because if this goes tits up the EFL’s conduct will come under close scrutiny. And they will want to be able to defend themselves by saying: we followed our established processes and procedures, in line with other cases. 

But don’t give up Alf. Stearman will step in for Jags and we will watch a miracle unfold 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If this is true and is what has happened, why don't the Administrators just call the EFL out? 

I am hoping they will do that in the promised statement.

7 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Boom - there we go - i know you only speak the truth Brailsford and it’s similar to what I was picking up - other clubs fans need to see this for what it is because when we are done it’s you next. 

1 hour ago, td_evans said:

So we let Marshall and Baldock go, presumably assuming that the wages provided by them both would be enough for the EFL to allow us to re-sign Jagielka. But that wasn't the case.

So even if we sell players, such as Sibley, there's absolutely no guarantee that the EFL will allow us to sign anyone else. Meaning by selling players we run the risk of having insufficient first team players.

So to summarise:

• We can't sign players without demonstrating we can finance the season
  • We cannot finance the season without selling players
  • And there is no guarantee that if we sold those players that the EFL would be satisfied and would relax our restrictions

Essentially the EFL want to strip our club bare of any assets, making it a League One club which will never be worth our debts

There's also no guarantee (and slim chance I'd say) that if we sell players we'll raise enough to finish the season, because we're supposed to accept any old bid that comes in.

What a shower of poo* the EFL are. ?

8 minutes ago, Crewton said:

There's also no guarantee (and slim chance I'd say) that if we sell players we'll raise enough to finish the season, because we're supposed to accept any old bid that comes in.

What a shower of poo* the EFL are. ?

That's my biggest concern of all concerns at the minute, a firesale may not even be enough, and if that's the case what exactly have we got left to try? I can't think of anything.

4 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

But at this moment we don't have any or very little, if the administrators can't bring things to a satisfactory conclusion they will have no option but to liquidate the club.

Same question though, why would the EFL want to engineer our liquidation? (after all. they can't put us into liquidation themselves)