The Administration Thread

Boycie

21 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Exactly. If the news is correct then the club is not that near to being sold so the EFL need proof of funds for the season. Maybe there hasn’t been an acceptable offer yet. 

Why do they ? - we finish the season or we don’t - the administrators are in charge of what happens to the business 

15 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

When will it ever end? Ffs.

So next will be player sales.

Then Rooney's resignation.

For a brief moment last night, we were hopeful that a PB would be named and we could see a way out of this nightmare, now we're just plummeting towards the abyss.

darkness.gif.7170ffdb30664bbc10232a4ccc1b9373.gif

Edited by IslandExile

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's very odd. I can't see it's a money saving thing - if it's a contract, then I assume we pay him anyway.  Maybe we save a bit on appearance fees etc, but I imagine we're probably paying that to someone else instead anyway. Maybe he's asked to be let go if he's been told we can't renew his contract? Not sure that entirely makes sense either though.

If the story is true, Then his contract has been cancelled by mutual consent, Agents would have been informed and on the blower to other clubs, If Jagielka hasn't signed in time for "another" club to play tomarrow, Then canceling his contract is strange

4 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually logical from the EFL and was probably a planned meeting for a while. If we said that we had enough funds to get us through to the end of January, it's only right that if we haven't got the preferred bidder deposit yet that the EFL ask where the money is coming from to recruit if we haven't sold any players either? 

SmartSelect_20220114-124524_WhatsApp.jpg

There are two bits.

1. Not being able to extend the deal - it's logical for us to be able to prove how we can afford to extend the deal
2. The contract being cancelled a day before a game, just a few days before the contract was due to expire - this decision is utterly ridiculous with no logic at all

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Anyone got Mike Ashley's phone number?

Paula Abdul

Ben Affleck

Andre Agassi

Christina Aguilera

Jessica Alba

Lily Allen

Pedro Almodóvar 

Fernando Alonso

Gillian Anderson

Jennifer Anniston

Fatty Arbuckle

Jane Asher

Roman Atkinson 

David Attenborough 

Steve Austin

No, sorry. He's not in my agenda.

6 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is actually logical from the EFL and was probably a planned meeting for a while. If we said that we had enough funds to get us through to the end of January, it's only right that if we haven't got the preferred bidder deposit yet that the EFL ask where the money is coming from to recruit if we haven't sold any players either? 

SmartSelect_20220114-124524_WhatsApp.jpg

The club intends to get through the season by selling to a preferred bidder.

And who the frigging hell is Simon Stone and who is he to say what the club has to do?   

3 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

This is way way way WAY past a joke now. We are an absolute JOKE of a club. I hope MM is completely ashamed of himself

Not sure we are a JOKE of a club - I'd vent your anger at the EFL or Gibson.

Right now we are a great club with 10 points from the last possible 12. 

17 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

That is why the administrators are having difficulty making the club an attractive proposition to buyers, to make the club attractive they have to reduce costs, as you say we have nothing to sell but players, i am sure the creditors are watching proceedings very closely at present.

The creditors are currently going to be getting nothing or 1p in the pound at best 

2 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Lets all just calm down, ignore dubious stuff on twitter, and wait for official statements from the club.

Like we’d hear anything from them.

Quantuma just spout the same old poo over and over again.

”We’re making good progress”

”We expect a preferred bidder to be in place in the next *uses random number generator* days”

Meanwhile they are racking up a hefty bill and keeping the fans of our club worrying.