The Administration Thread

Boycie

Surely this is getting to the point where we could sue the efl once we’re out of this. How are we meant to show proof of funds when the we need the preferred bidder to put down the deposit to tide us over until the end of the season?!?!

I was of the thought that people blaming the efl for Mel Morris’ misdoings were wrong. However, now it’s quite clear that there is something about them that wants us to liquidate or at best see us relegated down the leagues.

duck the EFL and steve Gibson. The sooner boro’s day of reckoning comes the better.

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Or the preferred bidders are apprehensive of paying the 5 million deposit to take the club on. It’s anyone’s guess but if any of the 2 really wanted it they would be named today surely 

What's the difference between a £5m deposit to fund the club up until the point they become owner(s) vs being owner straight away and covering costs until the end of the season...?

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Percy and Nixon essentially saying the same thing, but one put a dramatic slant on it.

What Percy reports makes sense... EFL need proof we can afford to keep Jagielka before his contract is extended. This basically means we need to announce a PB and get that £5m deposit before we can get anyone in.

I wonder how this impacts the signing of Fielding ? 

This is what I was just thinking. If I step back and look dispassionately at it;

1) we are asking EFL to allow us to spend money to sign/register players.

2) EFL know we cannot make it through season without more funds.

3) Funds come from new owner or sales.

4) We need new owner or sales.

As long as (big uncertain area of debate/argument/speculation on here) EFL are not obstructing club sale* then…

5) We need to crack on with club sale or sell players…. We new this all along.

*Key thing is then this..

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

This is what I was just thinking. If I step back and look dispassionately at it;

1) we are asking EFL to allow us to spend money to sign/register players.

2) EFL know we cannot make it through season without more funds.

3) Funds come from new owner or sales.

4) We need new owner or sales.

As long as (big uncertain area of debate/argument/speculation on here) EFL are not obstructing club sale* then…

5) We need to crack on with club sale or sell players…. We new this all along.

*Key thing is then this..

This is what I don't get.

The preferred bidder is the one who will fund the club for the rest of the season.

Surely if we are allowed to announce a preferred bidder they can show proof of funds?

Are the EFL allowing us to name a preferred bidder?

5 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I'm thinking the same thing...

We allegedly have new investors 'ready to go' and they keep putting obstacles in the way! They want 'proof of funds', well let us announce a preferred bidder and we'll have the ducking funds! Vindictive c*nts! ?

They don't want is to go out of business, they, like Gibson want us relegated, they are doing their best to ensure we can only field a weak team. Soft loans will be used to keep us going as a "business" however that business will be reduced to its lowest competitive level. They are forcing a punishment on us due to the fact they look mugs for agreeing our amortisation method/ground sale etc.i would call it"constuctive relegation".

I hate the EFL as much as anyone - they're just not fit for purpose.

But if the club cannot provide proof that we can see the season out, that must mean we don't have a Preferred Bidder's non-refundable deposit.

In turn, that means that the Administrators do not have a preferred bidder.

That is more alarming than anything.

Forget the EFL.

Forget re-signing Jagielka.

Forget selling Knight and the others.

What's at stake here is whether we will still have a Derby County Football Club (in the form we know it).

51 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Appleby used the phrase “good to go” if he was the PB then surely that would mean immediate funds to rest of season?

He may well have used the phrase "good to go" but that maybe only from his viewpoint, he didn't say the administrators were "good to go"

Jagielka's last game is tomorrow. I'll be very surprised if we don't name a PB before the end of the window, so that pretty much means Jagielka will miss the Forest game and maybe Birmingham too. Our record without him this season is 2W, 2D and 1L.

Stearman is more than capable to step in for a couple of games and it gives Jags a well deserved rest.

One of Ashley or Appelby need to withdraw and leave the other as the only bidder. Then the admins can focus on the PB and going back to the creditors with a final settlement figure. Take it or leave it

Having options at this stage is holding things up.

I’m still not clear if Ashley has lodged a formal bid or just expressed interest.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What's the difference between a £5m deposit to fund the club up until the point they become owner(s) vs being owner straight away and covering costs until the end of the season...?

The fact that they still don’t own the club. Have second thoughts and the apprehension of the legal cases they may think 5 million is a big gamble 

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

I hate the EFL as much as anyone - they're just not fit for purpose.

But if the club cannot provide proof that we can see the season out, that must mean we don't have a Preferred Bidder's non-refundable deposit.

In turn, that means that the Administrators do not have a preferred bidder.

That is more alarming than anything.

Forget the EFL.

Forget re-signing Jagielka.

Forget selling Knight and the others.

What's at stake here is whether we will still have a Derby County Football Club (in the form we know it).

Exactly