Rub of the green !

Seaside Ram

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

You're right, but it's also true that we haven't had any dubious penalties awarded against us either, though there have been incidents that the ref COULD have judged to be worthy. 

Was the Coventry one not doubtful? And Roos sending off a bit doubtful too was he the last man, mind you Fozzy a bit lucky against Forest.   Disallowed goals too. Peterborough when Sibley was penalised for handling the ball after getting fouled. etc etc.   

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Credit to them where it's due though, I wouldn't be a referee no matter how much I was being offered to do it! No matter what decision you make, someone won't be happy. Not worth the abuse!

That's a lie. 

I called off my grassroots game this morning after a pitch inspection... 

Nobody moaned ?

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Was the Coventry one not doubtful? And Roos sending off a bit doubtful too was he the last man, mind you Fozzy a bit lucky against Forest.   Disallowed goals too. Peterborough when Sibley was penalised for handling the ball after getting fouled. etc etc.   

I think the Coventry one was fair enough - Buchanan was clumsy and, although Godden made the most of it, the contact was quite heavy. Remember, the ref didn't fall for the second one. 

Of course, there's been other harsh decisions which have ultimately cost us, and some very strong penalty claims rejected, but I don't seriously think the officials have it in for us. 

On 31/10/2021 at 08:44, Seaside Ram said:

Seems I need to re word my post ...... 

Derby have been jolly unlucky this season with a few decisions. Never mind , I’m sure things will even out soon , they always do !! 

And when things do start getting evened out, the opposition will only need to send their goalkeeper out onto the pitch because most of the game will be taken up with the huge amount of penalties we are owed.

There are bad refs that’s for sure but there are also players who cheat 

it’s not the peno’s not won or the divers that get away with it for me. They are instant tough decisions that have to be made.

It’s 2 things .. Lino’s who don’t speak up or are so behind play and simply they don’t see blatant things. That along with inconsistency of cards v type of offence in a single game

On 31/10/2021 at 09:52, Tyler Durden said:

I was just trying to say that every team in the division could say the same. 

I don't think that we've particularly been subjected to significantly proportionally more poor officiating than other team in the league that was the point was trying to make. 

Just out of interest, how can you be in a position to make that suggestion? I'm assuming that you don't watch the full 90 minutes of every other team in the leagues games?

Surely you can only really comment on the standard of officiating in our games?