Rub of the green !

Seaside Ram

We have something called libel in this country, if you have proof to backup the statement made in your previous topic, not just an opinion on the decisions made, I will bring it back.

We do have an issue with poor officiating across the EFL. This happened yesterday and I'm still struggling to wrap my head around it.

Just now, Seaside Ram said:

Ha ha ha , and have it removed ! No , no it’s just bad luck , honestly ?

The ball would have hit that poor Rovers player in his mush had he not protected his face with his arm.

No sympathy from the crowd only “penalty!”

Mind you, anybody who wants to be a ref must have been bullied as a kid.

1 minute ago, David said:

We have something called libel in this country, if you have proof to backup the statement made in your previous topic, not just an opinion on the decisions made, I will bring it back.

We do have an issue with poor officiating across the EFL. This happened yesterday and I'm still struggling to wrap my head around it.

Fair enough ! ?

7 minutes ago, David said:

I read that yesterday on tinternet, I couldn't believe what I was reading, My eyes rolled back in my head so far I had to bang the back of my head to get my eyes re set.

The Officials in our game including the Premier league are at an all time low for me, As much use a an ashtray on a motorbike, Unfortunately there's nowt we can do about it, Stuart Attwell, The man who I will never like officiated Spurs vs Man Untd yesterday, Attwell was in the middle, There was a VAR check and he was talking and smiling with Renaldo... you just knew there was something going off in Attwells shorts.

The standard of officiating in the EFL is extremely variable and uneven which is probably the least divisive way of putting it.

I don't think we've been particularly subjected to more bad decisions than any other team in the division per se, it's nearly November now so putting the points deduction aside I think our "real" league position is a fair reflection of where we are as a team and manager.  

People will always complain about refs. Most seasons, every two or three weeks we would get something obvious against us that shouldn't be.

The difference this season it seems, at the minute, that in every game there's a crucial decision or two that don't go our way. Hopefully that evens itself out soon...

Credit to them where it's due though, I wouldn't be a referee no matter how much I was being offered to do it! No matter what decision you make, someone won't be happy. Not worth the abuse!

58 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Seems I need to re word my post ...... 

Derby have been jolly unlucky this season with a few decisions. Never mind , I’m sure things will even out soon , they always do !! 

Time for the EFL to tell the refs it's OK now Derby have had their 12 point deduction. Well done refs .  

9 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

People will always complain about refs. Most seasons, every two or three weeks we would get something obvious against us that shouldn't be.

The difference this season it seems, at the minute, that in every game there's a crucial decision or two that don't go our way. Hopefully that evens itself out soon...

Credit to them where it's due though, I wouldn't be a referee no matter how much I was being offered to do it! No matter what decision you make, someone won't be happy. Not worth the abuse!

The problem is with our limited squad that the decision that is probably there in every game played will be one of the few 'chances' we get and so becomes crucial to the outcome. 

35 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The standard of officiating in the EFL is extremely variable and uneven which is probably the least divisive way of putting it.

I don't think we've been particularly subjected to more bad decisions than any other team in the division per se, it's nearly November now so putting the points deduction aside I think our "real" league position is a fair reflection of where we are as a team and manager.  

Well ,yes all the penalties that we should have been awarded but haven't have been balanced by all the penalties we have been awarded but shouldn't have.  Except hang on a minute, the number of pens we have been awarded is zero. 

Standard of referees - Forest 

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threads/1756-Standard-of-Referees/page220

Todays ref - Bristol City

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/214451-today’s-ref/

Referee today  - Cardiff

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=223389

Poor refs - Fulham

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=83214.0

I mean I could probably go on, but you get the idea.

Not sure what the answer is here, you don't want to put the next generation of refs off, but with social media and poor decisions, it's impossible to stop the criticism when they are costing clubs points.

Give the 4th official a monitor to watch the game with the direct line to the ref. We don't need to go full VAR where the ref can run over and check, it's just another set of eyes to advise the ref without stopping the flow of the game.

We're using humans, you always have to account for human error, the game is that quick now and it's impossible to get everything right, just add more eyes though, more the better surely.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well ,yes all the penalties that we should have been awarded but haven't have been balanced by all the penalties we have been awarded but shouldn't have.  Except hang on a minute, the number of pens we have been awarded is zero. 

I was just trying to say that every team in the division could say the same. 

I don't think that we've particularly been subjected to significantly proportionally more poor officiating than other team in the league that was the point was trying to make. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Staggering ?. Incompetence. 

34 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You're right, but it's also true that we haven't had any dubious penalties awarded against us either, though there have been incidents that the ref COULD have judged to be worthy.