RamsTrust

RamsfanJim

15 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I'm aware that the Trust is not a business. I was suggesting that perhaps it should be run more like a business, but again, I was under the impression that membership growth was a current priority. I did try to be clear on this in both of my earlier posts. Again, my ideas would therefore appear to fly in the face of current RT priorities, so outlining and developing such ideas does not appeal as a useful exercise at this time.

Irrespective, I wish the Trust and it's members every success in achieving their current goals. Ensuring the club is not lost forever in a fugue of EFL red tape and undue sanctions is very much the one current RT aim to which I feel fully aligned and the Trust's attempts to facilitate this outcome are of course both acknowledged  and much appreciated.

And while it isn't a business, I think it should be run in a business-like way. 

Many years ago, when I first came to work in the voluntary sector, we had a managers handbook "voluntary but not amateur". That about sums it up.

41 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I'm aware that the Trust is not a business. I was suggesting that perhaps it should be run more like a business, but again, I was under the impression that membership growth was a current priority. I did try to be clear on this in both of my earlier posts. Again, my ideas would therefore appear to fly in the face of current RT priorities, so outlining and developing such ideas does not appeal as a useful exercise at this time.

Irrespective, I wish the Trust and it's members every success in achieving their current goals. Ensuring the club is not lost forever in a fugue of EFL red tape and undue sanctions is very much the one current RT aim to which I feel fully aligned and the Trust's attempts to facilitate this outcome are of course both acknowledged  and much appreciated.

I did not say we did not want to increase membership, I said we have not made any particular effort to increase 'followers' (on twitter). 

We are not currently taking any specific steps to increase membership, we are focusing on current issues. Going forward we would welcome any constructive suggestions. 

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

And while it isn't a business, I think it should be run in a business-like way. 

Many years ago, when I first came to work in the voluntary sector, we had a managers handbook "voluntary but not amateur". That about sums it up.

Interesting - because I have been criticised for the exact opposite (trying to run it like a business). What do you think we should do differently? 

20 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

Interesting - because I have been criticised for the exact opposite (trying to run it like a business). What do you think we should do differently? 

I don't think I know enough about how RT is run yet to comment fully, Jim. 

I am not trying to get into semantics, but some people see business-like as bad, it depends which bits you take! 

I will send you an email! 

5 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

We are going back 15 years here (!) but it was RamsTrust that first highlighted concerns with the 3 amigos. Literally on the day they did their press conference we had member digging into their backgrounds and financial records - and highlighted multiple concerns (especially around Murdo Mackay). We got press coverage, and a number of members (myself included) printed and handed out flyers outside the ground to increase fans' awareness on a number of occasions.

Over a few years we exposed more and more details (and complied the dossier mentioned above - which was handed over to Peter Gadsby and the police) - there were a number of responses whcih we asked Jeremy Keith et al in meetings which we minuted and were used in the case against them.

Greg Lake and the RPG did a fantastic job raising the protests to the next level - they put some money in to buy banners / foam hands etc. which had much more impact inside and outside the ground. As mentioned above, RamsTrust could not be seen to be leading those protests as we needed to maintain a relationship with the club to continue our aims (And to continue to question the board). Jeremy Keith personally told me we would be cut off if we promoted protests. We all took part in the protests, but could not be seen to be leading them. 

Peter Gadsby will tell you both were vital - the pressure externally, through the media and particularly pressure on the Co-Op Bank, and fans around the ground protesting both contributed massively to forcing the Bank to take action to remove them and install the LOG.

I think it was the Ramzone forum in those days that had multiple posters warning of the Amigos from Day 1. They were often met with hostility as we were doing well on the pitch. 

Keep up the good work @RamsfanJim and great news you are involved @angieram

50 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think it was the Ramzone forum in those days that had multiple posters warning of the Amigos from Day 1. They were often met with hostility as we were doing well on the pitch. 

Keep up the good work @RamsfanJim and great news you are involved @angieram

Yes, I used to write articles for Ramzone, that's how I got involved with the Trust. Thanks. 

27 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

We believe the Administrators will now have started to contact all creditors of the club to invite them to a Creditors meeting.

If anyone is aware of anyone who has been contacted, could you let us know as soon as possible? 

Interesting. I wonder what it means.....

They're trying to settle debts X pence in the pound, clearing the way for a new owner to come in debt free.

OR 

The new owner is decided upon and will make an offer to the creditors.

?

44 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Interesting. I wonder what it means.....

They're trying to settle debts X pence in the pound, clearing the way for a new owner to come in debt free.

OR 

The new owner is decided upon and will make an offer to the creditors.

?

No, this is a standard part of the administration process. The administrators have to identify all creditors and contact them to invite them to a meeting within 8 weeks of being appointed. Ultimately they will have to agree the deal with the creditors to offer the best deal they can. 

2 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

We believe the Administrators will now have started to contact all creditors of the club to invite them to a Creditors meeting.

If anyone is aware of anyone who has been contacted, could you let us know as soon as possible? 

I’ll ask @Boycie to see if he’s owed owt. 

He did some minor electrical work on the floodlights before the Wimbledon game in 1997 and never did get paid….

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I’ll ask @Boycie to see if he’s owed owt. 

He did some minor electrical work on the floodlights before the Wimbledon game in 1997 and never did get paid….

I was going round with a card with 80 teams on it at the time, People guess which team is under the tape at the top of the card put their name in the box and give me £1, Then the floodlights went out...those Blackouts are a nightmare.

Just now, Unlucky Alf said:

I was going round with a card with 80 teams on it at the time, People guess which team is under the tape at the top of the card put their name in the box and give me £1, Then the floodlights went out...those Blackouts are a nightmare.

I can see why you didn't post that in the joke thread.......

13 hours ago, RamsfanJim said:

although I have recently joined the Trust I appreciate the quick updates on here also so thank you for trying to join the different fan groups up and providing a link to the trust for non- members. 

On 28/10/2021 at 13:59, angieram said:

Hello Jim, I am the Moderator that is being referred to in the thread. There are also a few DCFC fans members who have joined recently and who may wish to say who they are - or not!

I have been posting your public updates on a thread, as well as the link showing how to join,  @WestLondonRam so not sure how you missed that. It was very simple to join, sets you back the princely sum of £2.

I asked @David if I could post Rams Trust updates and he warned me at the time I would get some flack for it. He was right! 

It's early days for me, but I will repeat what I said in the other thread,  that I have found Rams Trust welcoming, and far from being a closed shop, is actively encouraging more fans to get involved. 

I think people get a bit too concerned about Rams Trust being the only official supporters Trust. That is a fact, it has a constitution,  it is registered with the Football Supporters Association, it has clear aims and objectives. For this reason it is understandable that they are often approached through official channels. However, Derby County themselves have always recognised that there are a number of ways that supporters views need to be heard and their Suppirters Charter recognises this and includes a range of representatives, both official groups and a few key individuals. 

I joined on the back of your comments & have received email updates. I didn’t have an opinion one way or the other about the group but thought I’d give it a try 

• 2 weeks later...

May be now is the time to use a contact on behalf of your members to find out the truth. Is there a leak for the EFL feeding this to journalists. Is all this speculation fair on us fans? Is it acceptable for this to be circulated before the horse has spoken?

Get on the phone Trust! Find us the truth.

Edited by Gritstone Ram

10 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

May be now is the time to use a contact on behalf of your members to find out the truth. Is there a leak for the EFL feeding this to journalists. Is all this speculation fair on us fans? Is it acceptable for this to be circulated before the horse has spoken?

Get on the phone Trust! Find us the truth.

Interestingly they have contacted us today asking if we have more questions - which is a bit tricky when they haven't actually announced anything yet... We don't actually know if this 'leak' is from the EFL, the Administrators, or potentially even any of the lawyers involved.. (OR even if it is actually true).

5 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

Interestingly they have contacted us today asking if we have more questions - which is a bit tricky when they haven't actually announced anything yet... We don't actually know if this 'leak' is from the EFL, the Administrators, or potentially even any of the lawyers involved.. (OR even if it is actually true).

I don't want to put you on the spot Jim...but what are your thoughts about the "leak" "no leak", Too many supporters are losing sleep, Altho I sleep well.

6 minutes ago, RamsfanJim said:

Hi Jim - when you say 'they' do you mean the EFL? I thought they still owed you replies for the last lot of queries submitted or did I miss something? Wonder whether the admins might be worth a shot...