Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

We’ll be in the league below the northern premier, you know the one with portacabins as changing rooms, where the manager cuts the grass and sells the programs and his wife sweeps the stands after flipping the burgers!

There would be quite a queue to receive a burger from Colleen .

2 minutes ago, AndyB said:

I don’t understand the argument that selling players in January lessens the value of the club? If a player is sold in January for money when they were out of contract in the summer and could have left for nothing then that is a positive isn’t it? Unless anyone believes keeping said player(s) could save us from relegation!

Yes but you've selected one narrow scenario which is IF said player was out of contract in the summer.

What about players being sold who won't be out of contract? They'd have a book price like any asset that is then being disposed of (potentially on the cheap if needs must)

54 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I know I mentioned this analogy before and it's probably a crap one as couldn't think of another but if you saw a car being sold on Autotrader with full body kit, sat nav and tracker, huge alloys etc then when you phoned up the seller they said they're going to take all of the listed kit off the car but it's the same price wouldn't that then make you think twice about buying it?

I was a little annoyed when this was delivered

image.thumb.png.3341dbb8d1ab57df4c93efb7c996d16e.png

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Yes but you've selected one narrow scenario which is IF said player was out of contract in the summer.

What about players being sold who won't be out of contract? They'd have a book price like any asset that is then being disposed of (potentially on the cheap if needs must)

Most of our players are out of contract in the summer aren’t they?

3 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

The stupidity by our own fans in protecting Mel Morris has screwed us over! Blackpool hounded Oyston until he had nowhere to hide and avoided all the mess we’re in. Look at them now, back in the groove in the championship, we could be a decade away from that position come season end.

The Oystons though were far easier to hate right from the outset - rapist Dad, son on the take, paying themselves £10m dividends rather than spending to keep the club in the PL, dodgy hotel deal, threatening fans with libel as the club descended the divisions, law suits with another investor.....they probably still walked away with more than they ever invested. 

MM is paying for his mismanagement, and may yet pay for any breaches of the law. He may have had a tougher ride from fans if Covid hadn't made protests much harder to organise effectively. Derby fans were caught in a dilemma, particularly when it became clear that he was trying to get out anyway - and fans become naturally defensive of their clubs when it seems everyone else is attacking it. 

Whatever MM walks away with, he'll be massively out of pocket and with his reputation utterly destroyed. Don't underestimate how much the latter in particular will hurt. And there's still the law potentially to deal with. 

Whilst I agree with everyone that it’s an extremely worrying time for the club I look to keep myself grounded by what little facts there are at present;

- As of now, the club still exists. Tomorrow is promised to no one so I’m taking it one day at a time.

- There are still people interested in buying the club, if there weren’t we would already have been liquidated and all the noise from the admins, media and CK would be moot.

- IF we sell players in January and that facilitates the ongoing existence of the club, yes with a potentially weakened team but not necessarily, then the goal we all want is achieved anyway. Say we sold Knight, £5-10m (yes optimistic I know), and got a couple of other high earners off the bill, the Wayne fills their spots in the squad with cheaper options in terms of wages (frees/loans with no fee). The admin could service some of the debt, the club still fulfils fixtures, with less debt we are still then an appealing proposition for purchase we go down a league but the club carries on.

Derby County isn’t dead yet, we can carry on supporting the club as long as it exists, be aware of the risks we will go bust and also the possibility we won’t, take it one day at a time and see where we end up. Some people from either side of the fence may get chance to say I told you so, I hope we still have a club at the point that happens. Enjoy the festive season, hold your loved ones close, COYR ? 

I was full of optimism a few weeks ago and bought my 11 month old a mini kit for Christmas (shhh, Mummy doesn’t know yet…).  Without wanting to be a Debbie downer, it’s a cruel twist of fate that that May now be the final kit of Derby County FC as we know it.

I’ve been hopeful for the Appleby consortium since day one and I hope they get it over the line in time.  It would be an impossible task to get a little lad interested in a Northern Counties team when they don’t even live in the area…

In reality, this is a business issue but, sentimentally, this is the passing down of the tradition through generations, the possibility of forming memories of going to the game with your parents/grandparents that is on the line.

Edited by MK-Ram

20 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

The stupidity by our own fans in protecting Mel Morris has screwed us over! Blackpool hounded Oyston until he had nowhere to hide and avoided all the mess we’re in. Look at them now, back in the groove in the championship, we could be a decade away from that position come season end.

Who you calling stupid Mr Hindsight?

33 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

To be fair though not many fans (including myself) knew the damage Mel was causing. No one knew of different accountancy principles, huge unpaid HMRC bills, unsustainable wages. He talked about FFP a lot at least in last couple of seasons (too late) but I always thought the club would be aware of running the business with those constraints. 

33 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Owen Oyston sacked his Son Karl.

"The Oystons are reeling after being told they need to find £31million to pay former director Valeri Belokon for unfair prejudice.

Owen Oyston wants to sell family assets in a bid to raise a second payment of £10m payment"

2 chancers who sucked the life out of a once famous football club now have little to do with each other,

I’ve been worried about our existence since we went into administration. This news hasn’t made me any more worried than I already was.

Personally, I don’t understand what was so magical about Kirchner. To me, he was just another Alonso, only slightly more effective in that he was doing it all in his first language. How many sensible people do you know whose first thought in a business deal is to go on Twitter and swear at one of the other people involved? I think he was only ever serious about one thing - getting some attention from some English football fans. Even the way he tweeted his doubts like some sort of pretext and then hours later, he announced he was pulling out. I think we’ve dodged another chancer. 

To put a positive spin on it, I’m sure anyone serious is much more likely to be anonymous at this point. 

Edited by Duracell

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

There are no guarantees needed just accept that the new owner 'might' need a contingency pot. If if those two scumbag clubs 'won' they'd have to wait for any money. Makes me sick just talking about them. Never thought I could hate a football club more than Dirty L**ds but now there's two! FFS.

#COYR

Kirchner More like Trump I would say and seems to have similar politics.