Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

I'm with you Duracell. I do think it is a 'win the fans over first' to get feet under the table and then perhaps 'oh! I didn't really realise what this job really entailed! and 'I shouldn't have done this!' We may have dodged a bullet but will perhaps never know. If Kirschner buys another club and does well then fair enough. I am still hopeful of other bidders who have maintained their silence and, in my eyes their professionalism, can steer this club out of this mess we are in. UTR

48 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Thanks.

"In talks with 3 parties: Kirchner group, a local consortium with former chairman/owner Peter Gadsby involved + 1 other"

...but a Gadsby/Appleby combo has been ruled out, although we know Appleby has confirmed himself to be interested, so why would Percy say '+1 other' as if he's not able to name them, when we know it's the Appleby Group.

It doesn't add up and certainly doesn't confirm to me that the Gadsby stuff is gospel.

The Gadsby / Appleby tie up rumour was  from Nixon. He was saying that the two other bidders were going to join forces. That was BS.

Nothing that Percy said doesn’t tie up. 

35 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Whilst I agree with everyone that it’s an extremely worrying time for the club I look to keep myself grounded by what little facts there are at present;

- As of now, the club still exists. Tomorrow is promised to no one so I’m taking it one day at a time.

- There are still people interested in buying the club, if there weren’t we would already have been liquidated and all the noise from the admins, media and CK would be moot.

- IF we sell players in January and that facilitates the ongoing existence of the club, yes with a potentially weakened team but not necessarily, then the goal we all want is achieved anyway. Say we sold Knight, £5-10m (yes optimistic I know), and got a couple of other high earners off the bill, the Wayne fills their spots in the squad with cheaper options in terms of wages (frees/loans with no fee). The admin could service some of the debt, the club still fulfils fixtures, with less debt we are still then an appealing proposition for purchase we go down a league but the club carries on.

Derby County isn’t dead yet, we can carry on supporting the club as long as it exists, be aware of the risks we will go bust and also the possibility we won’t, take it one day at a time and see where we end up. Some people from either side of the fence may get chance to say I told you so, I hope we still have a club at the point that happens. Enjoy the festive season, hold your loved ones close, COYR ? 

All other so called potential investors have been hiding in the bow wave of CK, now is the time for them to be counted or run away!

Whilst the administrators don't have a duty to update us at every point, it would be reassuring to hear from them just to clarify that the CK bid didn't meet their requirements or something like that

I'm surprised that TalkSport haven't been on the phone to them this morning

Edited by SamUltraRam

1 hour ago, Sussex Ram said:

Lots of differing opinions on here, most of them fairly well balanced, which makes for a great read. One thing we can all agree on is that this process is tiresome, frustrating and (as @angieramsaid) pretty much blind to the fans.

I always try to come back to the facts, which admittedly are few. Quantuma publicly stated there were 3 bidders in the running. Now there are 2. In my mind, CK’s withdrawal is only a massive problem if he was “first in the queue” to be preferred bidder.

But if he was first in the queue, why would he pull out now? If he was first in the queue, why did he (allegedly) increase his bid twice? If he was first in the queue, why haven’t Quantuma (allegedly) spoken to him in a long time?

On balance, those questions make me believe that CK was unlikely to be named the preferred bidder- in which case we have lost very little. I say “very little” in the context of avoiding liquidation, which to me is the main (only?) goal at this stage. Long term we all obviously want a committed, savvy and rich (!) owner who brings the club success- and CK MIGHT have been that owner. But it is impossible to say right now who will be the best owner for DCFC in 3 years’ time.

Final note on my use of the word “allegedly”. Those who are desperate to know something are likely to believe anything. For those reading this thread and feeling despondent, remind yourself of the difference between opinion and fact, and keep the faith. COYR.

Pretty much exactly the same as my own thoughts…..thanks for saving me the trouble of posting! ?

If CK’s bid was too low to accept for the admin team, plus another bidder increasing their offer, what grounds did the admin team have to think they could have announced preferred bidder status by Christmas? It seems they haven’t accepted an offer yet that meets the demands so why announce make a deadline that couldn’t be met. 
Fair play for them on clarifying reasons why CK wasn’t accepted though.