Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

Looking at the statement put out as reported on by Derbyshire Live, to my eye I really don't think the administrators are dragging things out for the fun of it.

"Joint administrator, Carl Jackson, said: "The joint administrators continue to have positive and fruitful discussions and negotiations with interested parties but these are complex and require input and decisions from other stakeholders."

So, if a deal still isn't agreed with HMRC, Arsenal, Boro/WW, MM and other creditors then how can the administrators give the green light to a particular bidder?

The other thing is the debt or potential debt Derby has is much more than the £60m Chris Kirchner said he would put in over 2 years. So if the initial debt can't be cleared, how can they accept his bid as even then it would leave nothing for running the club?

2 minutes ago, Robram said:

@cskirchner: "It’s not necessarily that… very very complex situation the admins were dealt. I do have issues with the delays and inability to keep deadlines. The only one to really blame for this situation is Mel Morris. Proper duck job."

i would have thought that maintaining goodwill  with Mel would ensure that the transfer of the stadium went through smoothly as part of the deal . Not sure this is the best way to do it.

This was my thought. It feels like a frustrated message from a competitive guy who hasn't got what he wanted. He'll know he needs MM to sign off on the stadium sale etc. and this seems counterintuitive. 

That or he knows MM has already formally agreed to the stadium being part of the deal...

4 minutes ago, Robram said:

@cskirchner: "It’s not necessarily that… very very complex situation the admins were dealt. I do have issues with the delays and inability to keep deadlines. The only one to really blame for this situation is Mel Morris. Proper duck job."

i would have thought that maintaining goodwill  with Mel would ensure that the transfer of the stadium went through smoothly as part of the deal . Not sure this is the best way to do it.

Clutching at straws, but reading through his tweets now in full, that level of outspoken moaning makes me wonder if he's out of the race, and he knows it.  

Quantuma were confident in telling us a Prefered Bidder would be announced before Xmas, So i'd/we'd would have expected all ducks were in a line, Maybe 1 of those ducks is not quite where it should be, HMRC, CKs offer, A bidder that has come up with a better offer, Boro/Wycombe holding things up...who knows, All guesswork from all on here.

I'm not as concerned as I was 30-40mins ago having read twitter and some logic on here, We're going to have to be a little more patient and hope January brings the news we're all desperate for.

10 minutes ago, Robram said:

@cskirchner: "It’s not necessarily that… very very complex situation the admins were dealt. I do have issues with the delays and inability to keep deadlines. The only one to really blame for this situation is Mel Morris. Proper duck job." ... i would have thought that maintaining goodwill  with Mel would ensure that the transfer of the stadium went through smoothly as part of the deal . Not sure this is the best way to do it.

Yes good point.

7 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

Looking at the statement put out as reported on by Derbyshire Live, to my eye I really don't think the administrators are dragging things out for the fun of it.

"Joint administrator, Carl Jackson, said: "The joint administrators continue to have positive and fruitful discussions and negotiations with interested parties but these are complex and require input and decisions from other stakeholders."

So, if a deal still isn't agreed with HMRC, Arsenal, Boro/WW, MM and other creditors then how can the administrators give the green light to a particular bidder?

The other thing is the debt or potential debt Derby has is much more than the £60m Chris Kirchner said he would put in over 2 years. So if the initial debt can't be cleared, how can they accept his bid as even then it would leave nothing for running the club?

Statement from the admin team is simply not good enough.

if there are delays given the previous communications from them then they need to be explicit about why.

it’s no good talking about positive discussions they are having. Kirchner doesn’t seem to think it’s positive. Maybe he won’t be the preferred bidder but really right now if he drops out the preferred bidder could be chosen by default .. there might be only one left!

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Quantuma were confident in telling us a Prefered Bidder would be announced before Xmas, So i'd/we'd would have expected all ducks were in a line, Maybe 1 of those ducks is not quite where it should be, HMRC, CKs offer, A bidder that has come up with a better offer, Boro/Wycombe holding things up...who knows, All guesswork from all on here.

I'm not as concerned as I was 30-40mins ago having read twitter and some logic on here, We're going to have to be a little more patient and hope January brings the news we're all desperate for.

So will there be a fire sale? Who is making the decisions now who we sell and who we keep?

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

if there are delays given the previous communications from them then they need to be explicit about why.

it’s no good talking about positive discussions they are having. Kirchner doesn’t seem to think it’s positive. Maybe he won’t be the preferred bidder but really right now if he drops out the preferred bidder could be chosen by default .. there might be only one left!

There's some poker playing go on. How on earth can they come out and say exactly what the hold up is anyway.

15 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Transfer your £3k to me and I’ll add the rest

Saul Goodman

Absolutely - what are your details?! Great to get into business with you. I’ll set up the Twitter account and go with 

‘Dear Rams fans, I’m about to put in a 65M bid via an unknown backer, will have this all tied up in 48 hours. Don’t foresee any hiccups. SINCE I WAS YOUNG, DLF, BOMBARDIER TRAINS’ 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The problem is the administrators have to sound confident even if the situation is all but hopeless, until there is absolutely no chance of saving the club.

It's a bit like a football manager won't say a club is relegated until it is mathematically impossible to stay up.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

If Pearce was telling him it was ok and his auditors were telling him it was ok etc then why shouldn’t he think we were within Ffp limits?

I spoke to a senior manager at KPMG about Derby's situation and he said he thought our method of amortisation was dodgy as anything and clearly a massive problem that never should have been waived through in the first place.