Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

4 hours ago, SBW said:

I don't trust Nixon as far as I could throw him (which is probably about 3 centimetres).  However, what I suspect that means, is the EFL will want proof of funds relevant to the monies that will be owed to creditors.  I imagine Nixon has plucked that figure out of the air because it's been the most commonly referred to in the media as to the money owed. 

Kirchener actually mentioned 100 million. 50 to buy and 50 running costs over the next few seasons. To put a bid in had to show 50 million liquidity, he showed 100 million straight off.

If gadsby has to team up with others just to buy would he get rid of the high earners including manager to keep us going because of being short on cash.

14 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not saying that. Of course there is a minimum price, that’s the game most likely being played at the moment what is each bidder prepared to pay. Just clarifying  where the £50m + £50m has come from and it was put in by the administrators as a credibility test knowing the EFL are likely to be looking for proof of funds to operate the club post purchase 

Where has the £50m plus £50m come from? I think the buyers had to show liquid funds, was it really £100m? In any case that doesn't mean they have to spend it, just that they are credible. Lionel Pickering would not have had enough I think he only had £40 million when he sold Derby Trader. But he didnt really spend his money on anything else apart from Derby just his house and a pub for him and the Bald Eagle to drink in.    

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Where has the £50m plus £50m come from? I think the buyers had to show liquid funds, was it really £100m? In any case that doesn't mean they have to spend it, just that they are credible. 

Yes. It came from administrators. Kirchner mentioned hed been asked to do this in response to questions on if he’s legit. And yes shows Credibility not that they will spend it,  that’s my point. 

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yes. It came from administrators. Kirchner mentioned hed been asked to do this in response to questions on if he’s legit. And yes shows Credibility not that they will spend it,  that’s my point. 

Well I think Gadsby is worth more than £100 million but he is into property so may not have anything like that in liquid funds. But he has a consortium, so who knows who he is in with? Kirkland has sadly passed recently.  

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Where has the £50m plus £50m come from? I think the buyers had to show liquid funds, was it really £100m? In any case that doesn't mean they have to spend it, just that they are credible. Lionel Pickering would not have had enough I think he only had £40 million when he sold Derby Trader. But he didnt really spend his money on anything else apart from Derby just his house and a pub for him and the Bald Eagle to drink in.    

And the Taxi firm who used to pick him up from the Yew Tree...

5 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

The Admin came out on day one and said they were confident of a sale.  Maybe Mel briefed them quickly as to the state of the club.  I doubt it though!

That looks like they were speaking prior to having a good look at the accounts.

If we were losing £9m a year under GSE, how did they manage to reduce the debt to £15m.  An affordable mortgage on the stadium?

We stuck with Negative Nigel far too long!

I'd love to be able to turn back the clock and have a sustainable club again, instead of the insolvent mess we find ourselves in....

They generated more shares and sold them to new co-investors

4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The doom merchants ?

If only you happy clappers had listened to our constant bile all these years hey ?

You clearly don't know me if you think I'm a happy clapper, most of my mates tell me off for moaning!  I reckon 20% of the fan base are happy clappers, 20% are doom and gloom and I fall in the majority 60% of normal, reasonable, realistic supporters that don't go overboard with a win or slash a wrist with a defeat.

1 hour ago, Rammeister said:

I don’t mind who takes over- as that means the club survives in its current form, rather than becoming a so-called phoenix club called AFC Derby County with a new crap logo, playing in a pub league.

Mind blowing idea for a new logo...

...a ram..but facing the other way....

Don't need to thank me

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Well I think Gadsby is worth more than £100 million but he is into property so may not have anything like that in liquid funds. But he has a consortium, so who knows who he is in with? Kirkland has sadly passed recently.  

Yeah Gadsby would have had the means back in the day but not now Football has gone crazy with transfers and wages. He didn’t have the means last time hence why GSE were brought in. Whether he’s in with Horton and a big US backer (pure rumour and conjecture) who knows, otherwise it could just be one to buy the club clear debts and stabilise aspiring for a break even model. I’d even take that we can’t be choosy in our situation. We’d have enough to come back from league one and stabilise in championship bottom half but would struggle to move forward but survival as a club is the main objective right now 

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well who ever takes over the team need reforcements big time and that means spending some money on the team and plus roony deserves some money to spend as he had hands tied behind his back.

This is why we are in this mess B4 the days of us throwing money around are gone so let’s just hope we still have a club to support.