Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'm feeling a little pessimistic about the whole scenario, to be honest.

In the last few days, the mood music around the club has changed. 

It now seems we're in a desperate fight just to survive, from a position a week or two ago when we knew the pitfalls, had dealt with the EFL, and could at least see a future even in League One.

I don't know if that has transmitted through to the players given today's performance, but I'm nowhere near as optimistic as I was a week or two ago about on continued survival.

agreed 

26 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'm feeling a little pessimistic about the whole scenario, to be honest.

In the last few days, the mood music around the club has changed. 

It now seems we're in a desperate fight just to survive, from a position a week or two ago when we knew the pitfalls, had dealt with the EFL, and could at least see a future even in League One.

I don't know if that has transmitted through to the players given today's performance, but I'm nowhere near as optimistic as I was a week or two ago about on continued survival.

Yep that’s exactly where we are!

Another pessimistic article in The Athletic about our future. 

To summarise:

Potential for more deductions next year if CVA not agree when leaving admin. Not a straightforward process and potentially very costly for new owners.

Morris has screwed process up massively by keeping hold of the stadium. Made admin a nightmare. 

HMRC unlikely to accept 25/35p in £. A very tough negotiation. They’ll drive for full payment. 

No chance of sale by Jan. Fire sale likely.

This is from an administrator who worked with Wigan. Granted they have no inside info, but they do understand the process. Ours is such a complex admin made worse by HMRC not being a preferred creditor and us not owning the ground. They were critical of our administrators so it could be a case of slating a rival, but more worrying news for me. There has definitely been a rise in these stories the last week. Time for another beer methinks! 

17 minutes ago, enachops said:

To summarise:

Potential for more deductions next year if CVA not agree when leaving admin. Not a straightforward process and potentially very costly for new owners.

Morris has screwed process up massively by keeping hold of the stadium. Made admin a nightmare. 

HMRC unlikely to accept 25/35p in £. A very tough negotiation. They’ll drive for full payment. 

This is from an administrator who worked with Wigan. Granted they have no inside info, but they do understand the process. Ours is such a complex admin made worse by HMRC not being a preferred creditor and us not owning the ground. They were critical of our administrators so it could be a case of slating a rival, but more worrying news for me. There has definitely been a rise in these stories the last week. Time for another beer methinks! 

What or who is CVA ?

19 minutes ago, enachops said:

To summarise:

The guy who did the Wigan thing has been very negative from the start. Maybe he is sore he didn’t get the Derby gig but qunatuma did.

28 minutes ago, MidWalesRam said:

What or who is CVA ?

Company Voluntary Agreement. Needed after admin apparently. Without one could mean further deductions in League 1. Or defer payments from CVA could mean further deductions. It’s going to be very expensive for new owners post admin. 
I have no idea what I’m going on about by the way. Just posting update from the article! 

11 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

The guy who did the Wigan thing has been very negative from the start. Maybe he is sore he didn’t get the Derby gig but qunatuma did.

Gerald Krasner, he was Leeds chairman back when he headed the consortium that "saved" them 2004-ish. He knows his stuff around administration etc, but I doubt he knows the detail of where Quantuma are in relation to their negotiations. It seems like he's laying out what the obstacles are, which is fair enough. I don't really get his point about the stadium though, unless Mel Morris is refusing to sell it for an affordable price. It's technically a separate transaction, though the cross-charge from MSD could be an issue, though they have been reported to be "helpful" by the Administrators. 

25 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Gerald Krasner, he was Leeds chairman back when he headed the consortium that "saved" them 2004-ish. He knows his stuff around administration etc, but I doubt he knows the detail of where Quantuma are in relation to their negotiations. It seems like he's laying out what the obstacles are, which is fair enough. I don't really get his point about the stadium though, unless Mel Morris is refusing to sell it for an affordable price. It's technically a separate transaction, though the cross-charge from MSD could be an issue, though they have been reported to be "helpful" by the Administrators. 

Mel Morris should be gifting the stadium back, Im sorry but Morris shouldn't take one penny unless he leaves the club £15m in debt as he found it.  His reckless gambling to the point that liquidation is nothing short of shamful.

He's a man tht publically let us all think that all is well while maxing out tge Credit Cards then walking away with the clubs biggest asset in his back pocket is nothing short of a disgrace.

35 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Well one day after Quantuma say they expect to complete the deal before end of January he says they won't? How does he know? I suppose the thing about the stadium is that is the only asset you could borow money against which would help pay debts off. So it needs to be included in the sale, which it will be as you say, but it does make it more complicated.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Who exactly decides how much the stadium is worth?

Isn’t that part of the reason we’re in this mess?

Just now, Anag Ram said:

It's "worth" whatever the buyer wants to pay for it and whatever the seller will accept. Its value for accounting purposes is a separate matter and, I think, the rules have been changed so that any profit or liability arising from its transfer is outside of FFP calculations. 

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

It was assessed by an independent valuer as the price to be paid by a willing buyer to a willing seller on a commercial arms length basis.

We are now in a situation where the main tenant is is in dire financial straits. No need for an independent valuer, especailly as Mel doesn'tt own the club anymore.

The stadium has to be sold to the buyers of the club  at an attractive price to make up for the unattractive debt a buyer of the club would be asked to take on.