Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

2 hours ago, Beetle said:

Well ran? Leicester have lost £90m in the last two years. How can they be well ran?

When the owner decides he no longer wants to keep paying that to keep the club running (because it will happen at some point), as ours now has, are they still well ran?

And winning the Premier league title, FA Cup, qualifying for Champions league, building a £100M training ground, paying ALL of their staff during the lockdown including part-time staff and getting them to work in the community. Preparing plans for a major increase in capacity. Attracting top signings and being able to move players on for significant fees. I think they are doing OK. ? 

3 minutes ago, bcnram said:

And winning the Premier league title, FA Cup, qualifying for Champions league, building a £100M training ground, paying ALL of their staff during the lockdown including part-time staff and getting them to work in the community. Preparing plans for a major increase in capacity. Attracting top signings and being able to move players on for significant fees. I think they are doing OK. ? 

I wouldn't mind being run that 'badly'

13 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Over the last 4 years in total they are running at a profit I think,  showing the sort of prudence that can cope with a downturn in revenue due to a crisis like covid. Like many Premier league clubs they have the capitalisation and reserves to cope. 

The structure of English football means that some cubs decide to gamble capital and reserves, like all gambles sometimes you win sometimes you don't.

My fundamental problem with the EFL is that there rather pathetic rules and governance do nothing to control the gambles until AFTER the event with punishments that do not help but simply make the job of recovery harder.

2 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

My fundamental problem with the EFL is that there rather pathetic rules and governance do nothing to control the gambles until AFTER the event with punishments that do not help but simply make the job of recovery harder.

Exactly. Also why should promotion to the Premier league allow a club to avoid points deductions for FFP breaches in the Championship ?

It is analogous to an individual committing fraud on a massive scale and then fleeing to the Costa Del Sol to escape punishment. 

23 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Exactly. Also why should promotion to the Premier league allow a club to avoid points deductions for FFP breaches in the Championship ?

It is analogous to an individual committing fraud on a massive scale and then fleeing to the Costa Del Sol to escape punishment. 

They should get a points deduction when religated back into the championship as most are sooner or later

45 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

That's it. The EFL needs an extradition treaty with the EPL! 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

That's it. The EFL needs an extradition treaty with the EPL! 

QPR found out how terrible the sanctions were for breaking ffp to get promotion. They were fined £5 million which sound quite a bit except they trousered £100 million plus from being in the premiership and parachute payments. In these days of transparency I have seen nothing about what sanction Villa got or anyone else. Wasn't it said 8 our of 10 clubs promoted broke ffp. Sanctions are for failure to be oromoted

7 hours ago, bcnram said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3582034/Leicester-City-s-Premier-League-success-restored-faith-football-darker-fairytale.html

what a lovely club 

7 hours ago, bcnram said:

It all came from cheating though, so well done them eh? 

13 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Half way down that article they describe Derby… 

the club that lives beyond its means but it doesn’t work out for them. Funny old world at times. 

A prescient paragraph in describing a ffp transgression .... 

Leicester will be fined. But like Vardy in his Bentley, like Fuchs showering his manager with champagne on Saturday, who cares? It will be barely a footnote to the bigger story. In a few years time, watch out for the story of another club who takes risk, tries to do a Leicester by paying wages they can't afford, but this time it goes wrong and the club takes itself to the brink of existence. What kind of owner takes a 'risk' with the future of a football club?

Also talks about Bournemouth in similar vein and describes their own chairman as loading up salaries in order to "take a risk". 

So seems that it's quite common.... 

6 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Not to mention their chairman risking the lives of thousands of fans by flying a ducking helicopter into a full stadium.

I always find it strange how he's remembered so well when his pointless extravagance got himself and 4 others killed.

Well that’s ridiculous to say really isn’t it AFTER the event. 

Helicopters are clearly more dangerous than planes but how many helicopters operate a day without incident? 

We’d been doing it for years on the Remembrance Fixture with the RAF delivering the match ball 

Watching it back now, yeah it makes me cringe, but I don’t think many thought of it like that at the time

14 minutes ago, FoxInPeace1 said:

Well that’s ridiculous to say really isn’t it AFTER the event. 

Helicopters are clearly more dangerous than planes but how many helicopters operate a day without incident? 

We’d been doing it for years on the Remembrance Fixture with the RAF delivering the match ball 

Watching it back now, yeah it makes me cringe, but I don’t think many thought of it like that at the time

I always thought it seemed ridiculous and unnecessarily risky being honest.

Perhaps the tone of the original point is a little harsh but I don't get how health and safety regulations ever allowed a helicopter to land so close to thousands of people.