Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So if a poor black kid gets stopped by police three times , charged with loitering or whatever and each time the Court dismisses the charge .. you don’t think that may be saying something about the police rather than the kid?

Get the sentiment Pete, but not sure I'm with you on the analogy. Sorry. 

Just now, BucksRam said:

Get the sentiment Pete, but not sure I'm with you on the analogy. Sorry. 

Ok maybe taking it too far, but there does come a point when somebody getting charged over and over starts to feel a bit victimised . 

On the admin I totally get the need for a moral hazard clause … and indeed a force majeure clause too. 

but the EFL should stop bleating about the appeal. The admin team are perfectly entitled to make it.

I know logically there shouldn't be any interaction between the -12 for administration and the appeal against that and the as yet untested (but negotiations ongoing) P&S situation after restating our figures, however, i can't help but think in the world of the EFL they might do. "oh stop it trying to get out of the administration 12 points, go on, we'll then offer to reduce our other deduction from 12 (3 suspended) to 9 points, but a further three if you displease us for any reason at any time, and issue a grvelling apology to steve gibson and wycombe which will impact their claims against you." sort of negotiation offer from the EFL.

32 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Ok maybe taking it too far, but there does come a point when somebody getting charged over and over starts to feel a bit victimised . 

On the admin I totally get the need for a moral hazard clause … and indeed a force majeure clause too. 

but the EFL should stop bleating about the appeal. The admin team are perfectly entitled to make it.

Yeah, which is why I got (and agreed) the sentiment - just that the analogy was perhaps somewhat contentious. Noted the apology. 

Regarding covid being the cause. The EFL have stated that we were running on some kind of benefactor policy. Yet to see much speculation on top of the 20 million list by the rams how much Morris lost due to covid and hence we went into administration because his money had run out (said in radio Derby interview) and he could not continue putting money in.

3 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Yeah, which is why I got (and agreed) the sentiment - just that the analogy was perhaps somewhat contentious. Noted the apology. 

Yeah so of course it’s not the greatest injustice of humanity but the more times we are charged and no points deducted the more it seems to polarise opinions. For Derby fans (some , maybe most) think it shows the Efl are out to get us. For certain Bristol fans it shows that Derby are always “getting away with it.”

6 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

How does that work.

It’s quite a simple process really, let me try and explain It to you….

he was running a failing business through years and years of bad boardroom decisions, and then he decided to stop putting his money into the club to cover up these mistakes he has been consistently making…and…we went bust…

that clear enough for you? 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

he was running a failing business through years and years of bad boardroom decisions, and then he decided to stop putting his money into the club to cover up these mistakes he has been consistently making…and…we went bust…

Nope!

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

We missed getting promotion in 2019 by the narrowest of margins. He decided to sell the club as his money was running out but in January 2020 with a sale agreed EFL tried to hit Derby with some trumped up charges. the buyer then pulled out. 

and then in March 2020 something else happened , oh I seem to have forgotten what that was It I seem to remember it was on the news but now like you it has slipped my mind completely. 

4 hours ago, alram said:

... That is all it is, an excuse. It is like murdering 10 people and saying that you were out of control because you had 1 pint before hand.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

So if a poor black kid gets stopped by police three times , charged with loitering or whatever and each time the Court dismisses the charge .. you don’t think that may be saying something about the police rather than the kid?

If these posts (and this response) don't get deleted, they will forever be available to the eyes and minds of the worldwide public, and forever be associated with "Derby County fans".

Let that sink in!  ?

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

If these posts (and this response) don't get deleted, they will forever be available to the eyes and minds of the worldwide public, and forever be associated with "Derby County fans".

Let that sink in!  ?

Yeah they're really bad takes this is nothing like racism. 

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Let that sink in!  ?

It's the Derby way...........kidding ??

If you chose to walk a tightrope over a canyon for a living and then, one day out of the blue, an unforecasted gust of wind causes you to fall, is it the freak and unforeseen weather that caused your death or the fact you were on a tightrope at the time it blew?

This is the crux of the appeal, in my opinion.

The effects of a viral pandemic is force majeur regardless of the position of the business before it hit.