Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

What rules did he break? And what rules did he break where  he knew what they were? The IDC said Derby couldn't reasonably have known they were breaking the accounting standard , given that the auditors and the IDC istelf all said it was all OK.

We have been docked points because Mel put us in administration….which is a 12 point deduction…he knew this, everyone knew this and yet he did It. 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

We have been docked points because Mel put us in administration….which is a 12 point deduction…he knew this, everyone knew this and yet he did It. 

Two flaws that in your assertion. First, the assumption that he had any choice . Second the rules include the possibility of a no points deduction or less than 12 points deduction if admin is caused by force majeure. That is also part of the rules. 

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

And everyone also knows that there is an established procedure to challenge the automatic points deduction.  It’s not like we’re doing something not covered in the rules and procedures by appealing for mitigating circumstances. 

51 minutes ago, Malty said:

In fairness I didn’t get it until The second time around at which point I thought it was brilliant.

I mean understanding 80s song lyrics puns … it wasn’t really my era. If I do understand them first time round well .. I should be so lucky.

You mean it meant nothing to you?

9 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Two flaws that in your assertion. First, the assumption that he had any choice . Second the rules include the possibility of a no points deduction or less than 12 points deduction if admin is caused by force majeure. That is also part of the rules. 

He had every choice… he chose to stop putting money into the club, do you think he has no money left..? Do you think he is going to the cash point machine today and checking his balance and It says 0:00…? He is STILL a MULTI MILLIONAIRE who, off his own back decided to stop putting money Into the club which in turn meant the club was in administration which in turn means we get 12 points docked.

he knew It, we knew It, the EFL new It, my dog knows It. 

15 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Mel Morris openly bragged at Fan Forums about how they were constantly trying to find loopholes in the EFL rules to exploit

I genuinely believe that the current level of victimisation we've suffered is a direct result of this - and the need for him to be taught a lesson by the EFL seniors

15 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Mel Morris openly bragged at Fan Forums about how they were constantly trying to find loopholes in the EFL rules to exploit

I genuinely believe that the current level of victimisation we've suffered is a direct result of this - and the need for him to be taught a lesson by the EFL seniors

MM said the same thing on a talk sport interview some time a go as  well, openly bragged and rubbing the efls nose it.

24 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He had every choice… he chose to stop putting money into the club, do you think he has no money left..? Do you think he is going to the cash point machine today and checking his balance and It says 0:00…? He is STILL a MULTI MILLIONAIRE who, off his own back decided to stop putting money Into the club which in turn meant the club was in administration which in turn means we get 12 points docked.

The EFL expect owners to cover normal operating losses (as everyone knows that running a club covers that). But if they’re now expecting owners to cover extraordinary losses due to a pandemic (£20m in our case) that’s a very different question.

I think if they are saying that an owner’s full personal wealth should be available to underwrite everything, that’s contrary to the whole principle of having a ‘limited’ company, isn’t it?

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

We were said to need £13.5 million to see us to the end of season. It’s just possible you know he may not have that money in readies .

and even if he had I don’t see the Bank of Mel is any different to any other bank. If Barclays pulled the plug would we be expecting them to keep sinking money in pouring food money after bad?

1 hour ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Are you sure it was "bragging"? Because that's a very distinctive kind of behaviour.

Certainly, every DCFC Bantersaurus on Twitter etc can't have helped dampen ill-feeling towards us by all of the "Mel's got the EFL etc on strings" Memes - that was tailor-made to come back and bite us.

I might be going mad, but I really do think we will get some if not all of the 12 points back.

1. That article in the sun (I know it's the sun) on how the EFL are looking at changing the rules on administration. Essentially so that any unsuccessful appeals will be met with a further 6 point deduction.

It seems to me that the EFL are very worried (they can't appeal the outcome either way) that we have a very strong case. They also know that if we do get this decision overturned and points back this will set a precedent. Other clubs in the championship will see this and enter administration themselves knowing that they would also not get a points deduction. By threatening them with a further 6 points for an unsuccessful appeal they are hoping this would deter any other club from entering administration.

2. The administrators were here a good few weeks before lodging the appeal. It's not like they've come in and done it instantly. They have clearly gone through the accounts with a fine toothcomb and spoke to lawyers before deciding to move forward with the appeal. They clearly feel we have a strong case.

3. As we all know money is scarce. Yet the administrators have spent around £300k on this appeal. If for one second they thought that there was no chance at all of being successful with it, they wouldn't have done it.

I think we will have the minus twelve points given back to us but then we will be slapped with the minus nine for alledged financial irregularities (EFL don't want to be shown as completely pathetic do they) making us have 3 extra points tally. This is going to be very interesting in the next couple of weeks especially if we can get four points from our next two games! UTR