Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

For what it's worth if Nixon is right (if) I reckon the EFL is in a tizzy because they believed the 12 points to be the nearest to automatic they could get. They now face the real prospect imo of the sanction being reduced and, get this, they can't appeal as things stand. Serves em right!

3 minutes ago, Norwichram2 said:

For what it's worth if Nixon is right (if) I reckon the EFL is in a tizzy because they believed the 12 points to be the nearest to automatic they could get. They now face the real prospect imo of the sanction being reduced and, get this, they can't appeal as things stand. Serves em right!

Hopefully the appeal penal are truly independent and our case is delivered appropriately 

I would still like to know how to EFL considers an appeal to administration to be able to be successful - give us some examples please EFL - oh wait a minute you are apparently intimating that there isn’t a scenario. 

3 minutes ago, Yani P said:

This entire drama just highlights how bitter, vindictive and inept the EFL are. Looking to change their own rules to try and stop anyone else having the right to appeal when they may have a valid case. I wonder if there is any option to take this joke organisation before CAS?

A rich individual who used to be involved in a football club could probably find a few good reasons to take the EFL to a real court with a real judge if you know what I mean 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks Coconut. I agree with this too. I am not standing up for the EFL. I just wanted it made clear, not necessarily to you, that the EFL do not set and implement rules without the consensus agreement of the member clubs.

Well yes but that is the problem. We are outvoted 71 to 1.  

they could vote is out of the Efl  on the flimsiest of charges … it would be democratic , but not fair.

4 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Thanks Coconut. I agree with this too. I am not standing up for the EFL. I just wanted it made clear, not necessarily to you, that the EFL do not set and implement rules without the consensus agreement of the member clubs.

That’s how it should be and probably what is intended; but from the evident attitude of the EFL board I don’t think it is quite the same in practice. If not then how come when DCFC challenge something -  in accordance with that agreed procedure - is the reaction ..   “disappointed” or “with regret” or “shocked” … everything we have done in challenging / appealing is sanctioned by the rules .. surely then board/ruling body should not be commenting in this way .. it should simply be “we accept judgments and actions that have been made/taken according to our procedure.” 

An individual on a committee may have a view but the committee when it speaks should be supportive of its own system. 

3 hours ago, Norwichram2 said:

Yes, this could be a positive. i.e. we have a real chance of winning our appeal and the EFL have to get their own rules changed quickly to stop an avalanche of clubs going into administration and claiming force majeur as well.

they have to act quickly to change their own rules accordingly. Meanwhile Derby could actually “get away with it” and be successful on appeal … then ironically support the EFL when they propose a rule change to stop other teams doing the same.

The other irony is that Derby seem to have been the master of identying loopholes and being successful in exploiting them (with the possible exception of amortisation). This one they could have been successful in almost by chance rather than design!!

I have half a mind that in a week or so’s time our points deduction will change to minus 6 … then it’s a case of arguing the other points deduction ….

… and by the way on the other front we have no obligation to file accounts for the previous company that is now in administration … and therefore the efl can’t very easily prove that we have failed prs. Unless of course we decide to be really nice and present them with revised accounts … but why would we do that?

We might get away with minus 6 only. now wouldn’t that be brilliant!

Thoroughly dishonest and dishonourable, but still brilliant!!

3 hours ago, Norwichram2 said:

For what my thoughts are worth i was wondering if the EFL had just maybe been given some advice from the lawyers that they may, just may lose this case and are intent on stopping anyone having some kind of success over them in the future

29 minutes ago, jono said:

That’s how it should be and probably what is intended; but from the evident attitude of the EFL board I don’t think it is quite the same in practice. If not then how come when DCFC challenge something -  in accordance with that agreed procedure - is the reaction ..   “disappointed” or “with regret” or “shocked” … everything we have done in challenging / appealing is sanctioned by the rules .. surely then board/ruling body should not be commenting in this way .. it should simply be “we accept judgments and actions that have been made/taken according to our procedure.” 

An individual on a committee may have a view but the committee when it speaks should be supportive of its own system. 

Yes, it is this overuse of emotive language that annoys me intensely. So unprofessional. 

9 minutes ago, glyn1957 said:

For what my thoughts are worth i was wondering if the EFL had just maybe been given some advice from the lawyers that they may, just may lose this case and are intent on stopping anyone having some kind of success over them in the future

Yep. Hope you are right obvs.

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Exactly. I hope Ramstrust make this clear to them. 

RT have asked them some very searching questions, which they said we could at the previous meeting. But they have decided they aren't going to answer them in writing. There will be another meeting instead.

29 minutes ago, Malty said:

Am I missing something here, Why would it be -6?, If we win our case of Force Majeure why would we be hit with -6 points and not get all 12 back.

Is it we could be hit with either Force or Majeure? with both carrying -6

1 hour ago, Malty said:

Yes, this could be a positive. i.e. we have a real chance of winning our appeal and the EFL have to get their own rules changed quickly to stop an avalanche of clubs going into administration and claiming force majeur as well.

they have to act quickly to change their own rules accordingly. Meanwhile Derby could actually “get away with it” and be successful on appeal … then ironically support the EFL when they propose a rule change to stop other teams doing the same.

The other irony is that Derby seem to have been the master of identying loopholes and being successful in exploiting them (with the possible exception of amortisation). This one they could have been successful in almost by chance rather than design!!

I have half a mind that in a week or so’s time our points deduction will change to minus 6 … then it’s a case of arguing the other points deduction ….

… and by the way on the other front we have no obligation to file accounts for the previous company that is now in administration … and therefore the efl can’t very easily prove that we have failed prs. Unless of course we decide to be really nice and present them with revised accounts … but why would we do that?

Thoroughly dishonest and dishonourable, but still brilliant!!

I doubt the efl would drop the requirement for submission of p&s statements. They'll probably have to drop the requirement for submitting accounts to CH. 

Edited by alexxxxx

1 hour ago, Malty said:

The other irony is that Derby seem to have been the master of identying loopholes and being successful in exploiting them (with the possible exception of amortisation).

Mel Morris openly bragged at Fan Forums about how they were constantly trying to find loopholes in the EFL rules to exploit

I genuinely believe that the current level of victimisation we've suffered is a direct result of this - and the need for him to be taught a lesson by the EFL seniors