To billy sharp from accepted our apologies

B4ev6is

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

Some people behave like they're playing Cards Against Humanity for real or take their social media persona into real life. It shouldn't be down to other fans to police it though, the Stewards should be spotting and hoiking them out. 

Good post Crewton , but fellow Rams carry more weight than stewards , self policing is the real deal , the spirit amongst our fans is great at the moment , let`s keep it going , if we go down {we will} let`s show the world we stand for something worthwhile , from 1884 to 2021 , We Are Derby  , Super Rams

Getting insults from opposition fans if you are a professional footballer goes with the job description, but making reference to a players family is off bounds. However there are other songs which highlight misdemeanours of a player which I think are just part of the culture of terrace songs a good example here is Newcastle fans singing about Adam Johnson, is this wrong or should a proven felon not be reminded of his crimes ? 

I think the Millwall fans were way out of order singing about Phillpott, but the so were our fans singing ing about the death of Doughty.

The songs from the terrace make laugh but they also make me cringe, but without them the atmosphere would be very sterile 

11 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Getting insults from opposition fans if you are a professional footballer goes with the job description, but making reference to a players family is off bounds. However there are other songs which highlight misdemeanours of a player which I think are just part of the culture of terrace songs a good example here is Newcastle fans singing about Adam Johnson, is this wrong or should a proven felon not be reminded of his crimes ? 

I think the Millwall fans were way out of order singing about Phillpott, but the so were our fans singing ing about the death of Doughty.

The songs from the terrace make laugh but they also make me cringe, but without them the atmosphere would be very sterile 

Edited by Rambam

12 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

The songs from the terrace make laugh

"Two Andy Gorams" was a moment of Pythonesque genius (Motherwell fans, I think) - but many chants are hateful, cruel, pathetic and demonstrate that there is no depths below which some will sink.

1 hour ago, Rambam said:

If I was there I would have said something. Wasn’t anyone telling them to shut up? 

I was in the thick of it and there were a lot of people joining in with the chant, including many around me. I did say to some next to me to stop chanting but there were large numbers doing it, not just one or two.

It's the lowest common denominator innit? And of course he got the last laugh.

And let's not forget the twitter incident a few years back which ended up with a so called Derby fan getting banned for a vile tweet. Been in Sheff a long time and a lot of my mates are Sheff U fans and we have a good laugh. Some of our fans antics are an embarrassment to the rest of us fans and the club as a whole. And Sheffield is NOT a poo hole. It's a great city.

Edited by Sheff Ram
Speeling

The demographic at football seems to have changed so much in recent years. The little rat terrier young horrible kid with 3 pints and a load of Columbia’s finest marching powder seems to have fully taken over

they all probably all still live with their mums, so say something to them please. 

Billy sharp seems to be a genuine decent sort of guy, has had more heartbreak than any person ever should have to go through and deserves respect not moronic chanting from stupid brainless morons

Edited by GboroRam
Profanity

On 27/09/2021 at 19:38, MuespachRam said:

Billy sharp seems to be a genuine decent sort of guy, has had more heartbreak than any person ever should have to go through and deserves respect not moronic chanting from stupid brainless morons

And yet he encourages it by ignoring the decent Derby fans and encouraging the abuse? No sign of him being the 'better man'.

Edited by GboroRam
Profanity

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And yet he encourages it by ignoring the decent Derby fans and encouraging the abuse? No sign of him being the 'better man'.

He didn’t encourage it , it started before they were even in the ground. He had every right to react as he did. If people gave him such foul mouthed abuse in their workplace they would lose their jobs, why should a football ground be any different. He said as a footballer, he expects to get stick, but there is a line and it was definitely crossed.

19 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

He didn’t encourage it , it started before they were even in the ground. He had every right to react as he did. If people gave him such foul mouthed abuse in their workplace they would lose their jobs, why should a football ground be any different. He said as a footballer, he expects to get stick, but there is a line and it was definitely crossed.

Then the way he replies is unfortunately going to be seen as encouragement. This is football not Tescos. What do you think some of the Derby fans will think of his comments? Edit: I knew little/none of his 'background' I just thought him a mouthy ducker.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I’ll start by saying I’m glad you started this thread @B4ev6is

However @RoyMac5 I’m on Billy’s side with this.  I was there and the two chants in question were so loud and relentless, it must have sounded like the whole crowd were singing them.  I remember being a bit bemused at the content as it seemed very specific and I’ve  heard absolutely nothing about Billy’s character that could precipitate any kind of attack, never mind this!!

I can only think that it was started by some deadheads and others thought there was some substance to it to join in!?!  Even so it was bad on so many levels.

On Sunday, I saw a Ram page on Facebook where Derby were being accused by Sheffield fans ( who I guess weren’t there) of singing about Billy’s son.  Now I can’t be 100% about that but I certainly didn’t hear anything like that.  Surely even moronic idiots don’t stoop that low, I certainly hope so. Social media maybe got two incidents roped together.

The thing is, we cannot complain about a horrible chant people might mistakenly think some fans chanted.  As those fans shouldn’t have been chanting what they ACTUALLY did. If you’re not singing vile untrue songs about players you won’t be suspected of singing others. DCFC doesn’t need any more enemies, but who could blame them.

The behaviour of these people can’t be blamed on their Vices, as a (very) younger man I was no angel, but never resorted to this kind of abuse.

8 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Sure you would!  Have you ever been to a away match?

I didn’t mean my reply to sound so blunt, but the reality is that these chants are sung by extremely large groups of people that are either intoxicated or full of hate or both.  Either way, going round telling them to shut up is a bit futile and only going to possibly put yourself in the firing line.  I have many times felt like making my feelings known, but the absolute futility in the gesture is quite obvious.  Unless you’re Jean-Claude Van Damme of course. Even then you get nicked and a life ban.