To billy sharp from accepted our apologies

B4ev6is

1 minute ago, AndyB said:

Quite right. I was in the away end yesterday and refused to join in any of the Billy Sharp songs but sang all the others. I actually like Billy Sharp and wish he’d signed for us in the past. We’ve played them twice this season and lost by the odd goal both times, both scored by Billy Sharp.

Maybe why he would not sign for us it is a shame really if he knew Derby fans in a different light maybe he would have done.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Well said, B4. I am sickened by some of our fans who, basically, are as intelligent as a whelk.

Well odd few that let us all down and then home team supporters tend to hate us but ones I speak too sometimes they give us glares one from last week he said he did not like us much I asked why he said that nasty chants I said look mate not all of us like in fact we dont like it eathier he said that okay dont worry about it mate but I said it is not okay please sorry from everyone one of us.

There are footballers at other clubs that I like, am ambivalent about (the vast majority) or actively dislike.  There’s no sensible reason I completely accept but Billy Sharp has, for me, always fallen into the last of those three.  I happily boo him at every opportunity. Always have.

Having said that I cannot find anything that amounts to him being a sex offender (or even an unpleasant human being) which is what he was being accused of most of the way through the game, so it seems more than a bit unnecessary.

Having said that I think he was best advised not to have done what he did at the end of the game nor said what he apparently said on their TV channel, just as I wish Wayne hadn’t used the language that he did to describe Mel. Sometimes, however strongly you may feel, things are best left unsaid or couched in more temperate terms.  Life has a funny habit of coming back to bite you, sometimes many years later and especially in these days when nothing disappears.

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

There are footballers at other clubs that I like, am ambivalent about (the vast majority) or actively dislike.  There’s no sensible reason I completely accept but Billy Sharp has, for me, always fallen into the last of those three.  I happily boo him at every opportunity. Always have.

Having said that I cannot find anything that amounts to him being a sex offender (or even an unpleasant human being) which is what he was being accused of most of the way through the game, so it seems more than a bit unnecessary.

Having said that I think he was best advised not to have done what he did at the end of the game nor said what he apparently said on their TV channel, just as I wish Wayne hadn’t used the language that he did to describe Mel. Sometimes, however strongly you may feel, things are best left unsaid or couched in more temperate terms.  Life has a funny habit of coming back to bite you, sometimes many years later and especially in these days when nothing disappears.

What did he say on their TV channel?

Personally I can't blame him for what he said at the end of the game,the second time he's had ridiculous grief from our clubs 'fans', he's fairly justified in my eyes

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

From all Derby fans that we are sorry what was sung to you yesterday unfortunately some people drank to much and lost all scences but does not excuse it what so ever. And if that has upset your family it is same here or sheffield untied support please do not judge all Derby fans with same brush.

Sorry. Hit angry emoji in error! 

Angry at lunatic fans. 

Sometimes I just wonder about humanity. 

14 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

He was yelled at all match, and scores a late winner.  Then says he doesn't like us...seems pretty temperate to me?

As for coming back to bite him,  he is very much in the twilight of his career and we are certainties to be in the division below for at least another season. Think he will be thinking he's already had the last laugh...except what was sung wasn't funny. Depressing when we are already public enemy no 1 we seem keen to reinforce that image.

In the horrible Premier League season we got a great reputation for just supporting the team regardless,  wish we could go that way rather than spiteful.  I take my kids to away games and the actions of the minority are really putting me off.

Edited by Boycie
Removed libellous comment.

A massive disappointment to see some of our fans let the club down like that.

Through the week we were becoming a little bit of an underdog and some opposition fans were wishing us well, Sheff United fans included.

Our team needed backing throughout the game and instead some fans decide to target the one player who is bound to ram it down our throat at some point. How is that backing our boys?

I saw it at Rotherham years back when we were 3 nil up, most of the away stand where I was were chanting at a father who was with his daughter, same sort of songs. It made me feel a bit sick. But when they scored the equaliser the reaction from the dad and his daughter was priceless, it was rough justice I thought. Our fans never learn.

I now keep seeing Sheff United fans constantly tweeting how they hope we now go down, any friends we did have are dwindling.

35 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

A massive disappointment to see some of our fans let the club down like that.

Through the week we were becoming a little bit of an underdog and some opposition fans were wishing us well, Sheff United fans included.

Our team needed backing throughout the game and instead some fans decide to target the one player who is bound to ram it down our throat at some point. How is that backing our boys?

I saw it at Rotherham years back when we were 3 nil up, most of the away stand where I was were chanting at a father who was with his daughter, same sort of songs. It made me feel a bit sick. But when they scored the equaliser the reaction from the dad and his daughter was priceless, it was rough justice I thought. Our fans never learn.

I now keep seeing Sheff United fans constantly tweeting how they hope we now go down, any friends we did have are dwindling.

Yes, and both away matches in easy reach by train. Barnsley, Birmingham and Leeds the same - seems to bring out a certain sort of "fan".

Hopefully they won't be able to find their way to Preston!

Having a go at the idiots abusing him was understandable and perfectly justified. 

Saying stuff like "I wish I could play them every week" and "we could have had 3 or 4" was, however, disrespectful to our players, who presumably weren't calling him names and who gave his team a tough contest. 

Those fans owe him an apology and he owes our players one. 

I was there with the home supporters. I am Sheffield born and bred but a proud Ram.

I was there with a few other Derby fans plus some of my Blades friends.

The home supporters were extremely complimentary about the turn out for a side bottom of the league and almost £40 a ticket.

That soon changed with the chanting to Billy sharp. They could not believe the chanting which is completly untrue.

Why not get behind the team instead of coming out with a load of rubbish which only wound him up to put one over on us?

His reaction to our fans was well justified. If it had been me I would have been in the crowd doing a Cantona.

There was a lot of sympathy for our plight and how unlucky we were on the day but by the end of the game eveyone around us wanted us to be relegated.