If You Took Over DCFC...

G STAR RAM

I would clear any remaining monies to HMRC. 

Id understand the real facts around the EFL charges and if we have breached spending limits, negotiate mitigating factors (our wage bill in relation to turnover must be one of the more favourable in the championship now) but ultimately take it on the chin. If we haven’t breached spending limits or the punishment proposed is too excessive for the crime then I’d continue to fight the EFL even if it means ongoing embargo.

I would want a long term plan to build a playing identity that best suits the academy players coming through, the academy would be central to everything but must be supported by a recruitment strategy to ensure academy players can be brought through when ready and not through necessity.

I would support the occasional big transfer fee but all signings would need to 1. Fit the playing identity 2. Be of the right age and have enough potential to generate a good re-sale value, or if a player towards the end of their career the financial package would need to work auto avoid FFP issues. Jagielkas and Morrisons yes, no Butterfields or Johnsons.

I would back Rooney and give him time to implement this plan. If after 18 months it wasn’t working i would make a change but stick to the same plan. 

As I would be thinking for the long term and presumably would have the means to cover the club expenditure I would not be concerned about relegation, the focus would be on the long term plan to build sustainable success and hopefully get into the premier league - although we would not have the spending power to compete with parachute funded clubs.

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I would clear any remaining monies to HMRC. 

Id understand the real facts around the EFL charges and if we have breached spending limits, negotiate mitigating factors (our wage bill in relation to turnover must be one of the more favourable in the championship now) but ultimately take it on the chin. If we haven’t breached spending limits or the punishment proposed is too excessive for the crime then I’d continue to fight the EFL even if it means ongoing embargo.

I would want a long term plan to build a playing identity that best suits the academy players coming through, the academy would be central to everything but must be supported by a recruitment strategy to ensure academy players can be brought through when ready and not through necessity.

I would support the occasional big transfer fee but all signings would need to 1. Fit the playing identity 2. Be of the right age and have enough potential to generate a good re-sale value, or if a player towards the end of their career the financial package would need to work auto avoid FFP issues. Jagielkas and Morrisons yes, no Butterfields or Johnsons.

I would back Rooney and give him time to implement this plan. If after 18 months it wasn’t working i would make a change but stick to the same plan. 

As I would be thinking for the long term and presumably would have the means to cover the club expenditure I would not be concerned about relegation, the focus would be on the long term plan to build sustainable success and hopefully get into the premier league - although we would not have the spending power to compete with parachute funded clubs.

The reason I asked first is because I am intrigued about what people see as the most pressing issue we face, is it:-

Sorting the finances 

Staying in the division this season

Getting a long term plan in which may see us take a backward step first

Concentrating on the academy to help future sustainability 

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The reason I asked first is because I am intrigued about what people see as the most pressing issue we face, is it:-

Sorting the finances 

You got them pretty much nailed on in the right order

54 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sorting the finances 

But some may think they need addressing in a different order and that may mean we can not carry them all out

Example - someone prioritising staying in the division may think we need to spend £10m on players, this could mean that we don't clear the debts and it could also block the pathway for academy players

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You could have said bringing the catering back in house and then you may have got a thumbs up...see I'm not that miserable!

I could have but I was joking - I hardly ever have a pie and simply don't drink the pish they laughingly call beer at the ground....