If You Took Over DCFC...

G STAR RAM

Given the transfer window is shut and rooney is doing probably as good a job as anyone else we could've got in, i'd leave the on pitch stuff until January.

Sorting out ticketing and other things the club has been poor at lately would be high on the list.

Resolving the EFL dispute. If part of the dynamic is "get Mel" then, mr EFL, I am not Mel, so a slap on the wrist and we'll be done. Settle any outstanding payments due.

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

I could have but I was joking - I hardly ever have a pie and simply don't drink the pish they laughingly call beer at the ground....

I know so was I ?

Reckon it must be 10 years since I have had a drink in the ground.

Stopped when they started bringing bottles round at £4-50 a shout.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

The club are not responsible for the catering.

Yes they are. The catering is done by Club DCFC. That is at least 75% owned by Sevco 5112 Ltd, which is in turn is at least 75% owned by Gellaw Newco 203 Limited. The latter is at least 75% owned by Mel Morris.

Interestingly, when announced Club DCFC was supposed to be a joint venture between the club and Delaware North. They have some representation on the board, but if they are shareholders at all, they are very much minority ones.

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Yes they are. The catering is done by Club DCFC. That is at least 75% owned by Sevco 5112 Ltd, which is in turn is at least 75% owned by Gellaw Newco 203 Limited. The latter is at least 75% owned by Mel Morris.

Interestingly, when announced Club DCFC was supposed to be a joint venture between the club and Delaware North. They have some representation on the board, but if they are shareholders at all, they are very much minority ones.

So The Derby County Football Club are not responsible for the catering...as I said 

1 minute ago, Coneheadjohn said:

Sign Chris Martin.

Seriously,improve the connection with the fans.

Is improving the connection with the fans that you think could be done over night?

If the last couple of years have taught us anything it is that talk is cheap when it comes to running a football club.

Actions speak louder than words and I think our fans are going to be very wary for a while to come!

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is improving the connection with the fans that you think could be done over night?

If the last couple of years have taught us anything it is that talk is cheap when it comes to running a football club.

Actions speak louder than words and I think our fans are going to be very wary for a while to come!

We could be owned by the richest man on the planet and win the Premier league for 10 seasons on the trot and some would still hate the owner. 

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So The Derby County Football Club are not responsible for the catering...as I said 

So your original question is,  what would you do if you took over the club but didn't gain control of the academy, the stadium, the car parks, Moor Farm, the catering or the merchandising?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The reason I asked first is because I am intrigued about what people see as the most pressing issue we face, is it:-

Sorting the finances 

Staying in the division this season

Getting a long term plan in which may see us take a backward step first

Concentrating on the academy to help future sustainability 

The bottom two are imperative to success but are both long term objectives. Sorting the finances is the key short term action so we know where we stand and it’s stops the current paralysis and end enables us to move forward, or backwards with a plan to move forward. Therefore finances has to be the first thing.

35 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I agree but start by doing the basics.

Answer phones,reply to emails.

Are the SLO’s back around?

Push the community trust.

We do plenty of great stuff as a club.

Got to stick to the rules and obey the law as well if we’re going back to basics.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well yes because that is the situation right now

OK, assuming that I'm me, but a very wealthy version, the first thing would be to get control of the stadium.

If I was a wealthy businessman with no affinity for Derby County and out to make a profit, I'd move the 'franchise' to London. I'd strike a deal to share a ground - maybe Wembley or Twickenham and rename the club London FC. I'd target people who had recently moved to the capital to quickly create a fan base and market the club as 'the future of football'. Then I'd look to build a new stadium on a brown field site with lots of grants from regeneration funds.

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

OK, assuming that I'm me, but a very wealthy version, the first thing would be to get control of the stadium.

If I was a wealthy businessman with no affinity for Derby County and out to make a profit, I'd move the 'franchise' to London. I'd strike a deal to share a ground - maybe Wembley or Twickenham and rename the club London FC. I'd target people who had recently moved to the capital to quickly create a fan base and market the club as 'the future of football'. Then I'd look to build a new stadium on a brown field site with lots of grants from regeneration funds.

Boo,Boo,Boo.! We dont want to go to London,we are Derby County F.C.,It runs through our veins,and our club WILL STAY in Derbyshire,so there,if you dont like us  where we are I suggest you look for a team on Bodmin Moor.