Postive start to the season

B4ev6is

Well I am happy how we have started sent a really message to efl and gibson we are not going anywere with out a fight we have just under half 6 points from possible 13 is not bad at all. For me the lads are fighting with everything they have and more. And yes I would have loved a win yesterday but a point is better than nrothing.

But for me roony doing a really doing a good job with very very ver limited money he has to spend. And got some good players through the door but hopeful after international break we might have Jasion knight back young Irish lad cant remember how to spell his name even sam baldock will back also.

I honestly thought we'd go down without much fight this year, but Rooney is so far proving me wrong. I can actually see what he is trying to do and despite some frustrating moments I have enjoyed the season for the most part so far.

Really hope we can get the club sold and get Rooney some resources now, so he can continue to build the squad.

6 out of 15, so 40%.  (Not possible to have a maximum possible of 13.)

That aside, yeah, under the circumstances, it's a steady start.  More positives than negatives for me, overall.  On and around the pitch.  (Reluctant to use the term "Off the pitch"!)
It's a relief.  And it bodes reasonably well for the immediate future.  A little more relaxed and confident than I was a month ago.

Fingers crossed they at least keep it going, if not take up a further notch.

I'll take mid-table mediocrity all season long, for this season at least!  

?

My dad thinks we shall do well to stay up but that his view in my view if we can keep trying pick up 3 or 1 point in very least I think we could finish top half but even if takes a year or two longer to get promotion so be it.

This season challenge is to get a team together that can hold it own against better teams best we can.

But playing attractive football will help get new owners in that can give roony some decent money to spend to have hopeful have league winning team. But still love it if we beat the odds and go up anyways but I do understand it might not happen but as long as the lads give there all win lose or draw I  will always be pround of them.

I am pleased with how we have played so far, just a bit disappointed that we haven't converted another of the draws to a win. Yesterday's especially, I suppose.

No matter how well we are playing in patches, I feel confidence amongst the players is still fragile. 

Winning is a habit and they haven't quite got into that frame of mind yet.

Very pleased with what WR has achieved given the circumstances. We have though a fragile hold and are an injury away from near disaster. I’m disgusted with the EFL; the sooner they have an accountable body to report to the better. 
How will this all pan out? Who knows but I’ll keep supporting the players throughout. 

It feels as though scoring a goal when we are already one-nil up (as we have been in most games) would change everything. A 2-0 cushion seems like an unachievable dream at the moment.

The days when a 3-0 home win was routine under Mac1 and Clement feel like a lifetime ago, but I actually reckon that this team is technically capable of doing that to quite few teams in this division. Confidence is everything though.

2 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

It feels as though scoring a goal when we are already one-nil up (as we have been in most games) would change everything. A 2-0 cushion seems like an unachievable dream at the moment.

The days when a 3-0 home win was routine under Mac1 and Clement feel like a lifetime ago, but I actually reckon that this team is technically capable of doing that to quite few teams in this division. Confidence is everything though.

I do believe concordance is growing like I said I think goals will come and so will the wins.

It always takes time for players to settle down to the new way of playing once we get likes jasion knight and festy back and boldock I think we will see one hell of attacking team with likes joswick and selby both of them are getting better and better with every single games they play plus we got Morrison you can add to fire power.

9 hours ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Absolutely. We seemed to stop trying after going 1-0 against Dogs. Another goal and they’d have crumbled.

11 hours ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Sadly a case of selective memory.

Under Clement, we played 15 home games of which we scored 1 or 0 in nine of them. We didn’t win our first game of the season until game six and didn’t win at home until October. 

6 points out of 15 might seem ok on the face of it, but we haven't played any of the good sides yet. Middlesbrough, Hull, Peterborough, Huddersfield, Forest are all expected to be in and around relegation this season, and we could only manage one win and only score one goal against these sort of teams.

After the next 5 games we could quite easily be on 6 points out of 30 and then that's looking rather concerning. 

22 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

6 points out of 15 might seem ok on the face of it, but we haven't played any of the good sides yet. Middlesbrough, Hull, Peterborough, Huddersfield, Forest are all expected to be in and around relegation this season, and we could only manage one win and only score one goal against these sort of teams.

After the next 5 games we could quite easily be on 6 points out of 30 and then that's looking rather concerning. 

Middlesbrough are expected to be near the top 6, Huddersfield are 4th. The only bad result was Peterborough. If we had a different ref for Middlesbrough and Forest we would have won. Remember we only have to finish the season 21st. 

9 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Middlesbrough are expected to be near the top 6, Huddersfield are 4th. The only bad result was Peterborough. If we had a different ref for Middlesbrough and Forest we would have won. Remember we only have to finish the season 21st. 

Peterborough very nearly held WBA to a draw, they only scored in the final minutes.

Who are and who aren't form teams will change as the season progresses. 

Edited by RoyMac5

9 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Middlesbrough were not expected to be top 6. 

Huddersfield are 4th at the moment, but they have only played Reading, Preston, Sheff Utd, and us. They lost 5-1 v Fulham. Huddersfield are a mid table side at best.

Yeah your right about the refs in Middlesbrough & Forest games, but we shouldn't be relying on having to get pens from the officials.