Sky TV anti Derby

Seaside Ram

Sky sports programme today was so anti Derby it was laughable , the two idiots on commentary were bad enough but Prutton was just ridiculous. I bet he sent a video to the corrupt EFL after the game to get Fozzy banned. He may have well of been wearing a Forest shirt . I just hope this EFL/Sky agenda creates a siege mentality spirit . Up the F...ing Rams !!! ????

4 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Sky sports programme today was so anti Derby it was laughable , the two idiots on commentary were bad enough but Prutton was just ridiculous. I bet he sent a video to the corrupt EFL after the game to get Fozzy banned. He may have well of been wearing a Forest shirt . I just hope this EFL/Sky agenda creates a siege mentality spirit . Up the F...ing Rams !!! ????

Prutton is ex-Forest & ex-Leeds, I wouldn't expect anything less. 

Funnily enough I think he still lives in Leeds & I saw him and what I presumed was his daughter on Kirkgate last Wednesday. Recognised him & wanted to tell him how much of a bellsniff I thought he was but realised a) he was with his child & b) he was at most 5 foot 5 & it was like bullying the fat kid at school.

A tedious smear of nothing. 

Edited by LeedsCityRam

3 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Funnily enough I think he still lives in Leeds & I saw him and what I presumed was his daughter on Kirkgate last Wednesday. Recognised him & wanted to tell him how much of a bellsniff I thought he was but realised a) he was with his child & b) he was at most 5 foot 5 & it was like bullying the fat kid at school.

He's pretty lanky, definitely over 6ft...so you sure you had the right person? 

9 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Thats one benefit of being at the match, you don’t have to listen to them waffle on and turn every tackle or ref decision into a forensic event.

They did say Fozzy should have been sent off but they did also say we should have had a penalty for the Worrall handball. 

I don't think we should take up this "the world is against us, no one likes us" attitude because it's making us sound very bitter. Sky's coverage was relatively neutral and we drew a game where statistically we were second best, despite looking the better team for the majority of the game. 

24 minutes ago, Shake n Bake said:

They did say Fozzy should have been sent off but they did also say we should have had a penalty for the Worrall handball. 

I don't think we should take up this "the world is against us, no one likes us" attitude because it's making us sound very bitter. Sky's coverage was relatively neutral and we drew a game where statistically we were second best, despite looking the better team for the majority of the game. 

Exactly, we had Benty fighting our corner, total nonsense.....

I was at the game in the SW Upper and didn’t get the replays.

Fozzies alleged stamp drew no reaction from anybody apart from the player who was tackled who refused to get up until eventually the ball ended up with Samba and the ref was forced to stop the game to allow him to be treated. As everyone expected including the Forest fans and the ref the “injured” player was on his feet again in no time.  Nothing in this one. No foul.

I had a clear view of Worral’s hand ball and he should have walked leaving us with a pen for 2-0 and facing 10 men. Absolutely shocking decision. The linesman had a clear view too so why it wasn’t given is a mystery. It’s not up to the ref to think that applying the rules leaves one team in a virtually impossible position but that’s what I think he did.

Curtis right at the end was another shocking decision. These aren’t touch a go calls that we aren’t getting they are clear, unambiguous and easy.

Watching it back, they talk about us much more than Forest. Seem to think we were the bigger team, the major story. 

Didn't look great watching the Forsyth incident back but it's impossible to read someone's mind. My guess would be that he didn't mind 'leaving a bit on him' if it came to it but it wasn't totally deliberate either. Sky took the view it was a red card and I couldn't say that was wrong either. They also argued it was a red card and a penalty for Derby. Seeing no particular bias either way. 

36 minutes ago, Shake n Bake said:

Football fans tend to be very blinkered when it comes to their own teams and only latch on to the stuff they think is negative. Sky's coverage was neutral and favoured neither team. The commentary team said we should have had 2 penalties for christ sake. Just because they discuss Forsyth stepping on the ball as well doesn't make them biased against little old Derby. 

Its usually the same with referees as well and whilst this ref was abysmally poor today it isn't because he holds a personal vendetta against either club.

5 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Lives in Harrogate, but i'm sure he is a lot taller, Son in Law is 6'2" and he seemed about the same height when he was at the gumps.

He's still an end bell mind. (Prutton that is not my SIL)

It was ok yesterday. Always a bit of bias depending who pundits/commentators are but to say whole programme was so anti-Derby is itself laughable sorry. They love Wayne for a start. Yesterday is probably least biased its seemed for ages actually. Seemed obsessed with it perhaps being Hughtons last game though snd that story

54 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I was at the game in the SW Upper and didn’t get the replays.

Fozzies alleged stamp drew no reaction from anybody apart from the player who was tackled who refused to get up until eventually the ball ended up with Samba and the ref was forced to stop the game to allow him to be treated. As everyone expected including the Forest fans and the ref the “injured” player was on his feet again in no time.  Nothing in this one. No foul.

I had a clear view of Worral’s hand ball and he should have walked leaving us with a pen for 2-0 and facing 10 men. Absolutely shocking decision. The linesman had a clear view too so why it wasn’t given is a mystery. It’s not up to the ref to think that applying the rules leaves one team in a virtually impossible position but that’s what I think he did.

Curtis right at the end was another shocking decision. These aren’t touch a go calls that we aren’t getting they are clear, unambiguous and easy.

I too was in the SWU. I honestly don't know why we bother with linesmen anymore?

The pillock near us just looked to see what the ref. gave for EVERY decision before he stuck up his flag.

I'd have liked to have stuck it up his arris.

Edited by Grumpy Git

I don't think Sky are anti-Derby - Prutton has always been a dick (don't understand how he survived the cull of white male presenters) - Hinchcliffe loves to have a go at us (but is a miserable twit most of the time and talks such ballcocks that it doesn't make a lot of difference). Only really noticed Don Goodman that seems to have some sort of gudge, but I'm not going to get stressed over some 3rd rate summariser - there really are bigger things to worry about....

They have to make it interesting for neutral viewers so tend to pick up and thrash the major events of the game. This in turn can annoy more partisan viewers. Apart from that, many of the commentators they use on Championship matches are below par.  

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

He's pretty lanky, definitely over 6ft...so you sure you had the right person? 

1 hour ago, I DONT MIND said:

Lives in Harrogate, but i'm sure he is a lot taller, Son in Law is 6'2" and he seemed about the same height when he was at the gumps.

He's still an end bell mind. (Prutton that is not my SIL)

Yeah, you're both right...he was taller than that, original comment written whilst a few beers deep. He looked about 9 stone wet through though (which I think is what I meant to say)