Stupid ticket system

oomarkwright

This is all cobblers innit? I don't want to spend half a day on t'internet, I don't want t' give out personal details to all an' sundry and I don't want to faff about printing me own ticket.

Yes, I'm a crotchety old Luddite, but want t' go to the ticket office, give 'em some money, get me ticket and that's it! Untill this can happen I'll keep me money.

Most email providers allow you to create aliases, we use these when having to use an email address for the in laws that are not tech savvy.

All emails go into our inboxes, we then let them know.

Alternatively if you’re with Google email (gmail) you can place a . anywhere within your username and you will receive the emails as usual. This is a great way of easily creating extra unique email addresses. For example

Your username: joebloggs@

You can use: j.oebloggs@, joe.bloggs@, joeb.loggs@ etc.

You can also you @gmail.com or @googlemail.com 

On 20/08/2021 at 09:51, WystonRam said:

14507 left on line when I counted , Boro had their tickets on sale only from Monday to Wednesday, we aren't allowing sell on the day so probably we are looking at 18-19K at best unless we have a rush on line sales today and tomorrow morning.

Still 14057 left just now when I counted, so obviously this is wrong or we sold zero tickets yesterday and this morning.

Edited by WystonRam

I’m a STH for my local team West Ham United and they’ve gone digital. No more actual tickets.  You get an email with a ticket you have to download to Google Pay or Apple Wallet, a week before the game and you scan in at the turnstile. Alternatively you can print it and scan that in. Being the old git I am, I prefer a good old real season ticket.

22 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I’m a STH for my local team West Ham United and they’ve gone digital. No more actual tickets.  You get an email with a ticket you have to download to Google Pay or Apple Wallet, a week before the game and you scan in at the turnstile. Alternatively you can print it and scan that in. Being the old git I am, I prefer a good old real season ticket.

Are all the fans in meltdown about it over there, too? Or do Derby fans just like a moan? ?

20 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

With tear out tickets and cup vouchers at the back?

The good old days, but I can remember towards the end of a season, finding that I'd accidently torn out the ticket previously.

It gets more bizarre.  Because I  panicked and didn’t know about the reserve thing I couldn’t get my seats. But today at the match my seats were empty????

Even more bizarre I ordered my Florest  tickets at the same time.  So when I realised the mistake I made, I emailed the club to ask if there was anything I could do about it, no reply.  The day the tickets went on general sale, I got my sister to use her fan ID to try get me my seats. They were not available.  But last night I got an email saying that they have cancelled my tickets and can now reserve said seats??!?   Very confusing.  I heard onRD ontheway home that there was only 17K today, I’m sure the ticketing thing is part of the problem. For a skint team this is mind boggling!

What the club is doing regarding ticketing is absolutely baffling. I had an hour’s drive to get a ticket to someone this morning as I would have been unable to meet them off their bus and they can’t stand up for too long.

He was telling me that the supporters bus he used to use has now been cancelled because the majority can’t sort out tickets and aren’t willing to jump through all the hoops presented to them. I don’t think the majority on here are truly understanding the impact this is having on a certain demographic of our support.

If I ran a business and the customer numbers fell by 10,000 I would be highly concerned. It seems a pretty shambolic way to run any business, let alone one purporting to be short of cash. 

Shame really because it is refreshing to be watching a group of players clearly giving everything for the shirt. 

1 minute ago, Cook1988 said:

How do I print my forest ticket? So I've renewed and bought a forest ticket at the same time as season ticket on direct debit but I can't see where to get my forest ticket. 

Unless they are not out yet 

Has it been emailed to you?

43 minutes ago, CollyerDCFC said:

Has it been emailed to you?

No it says see attached PDF but nothing is there

I've emailed them so hopefully I will hear something before next sat

Also trying to get my sons free season ticket but it wouldnt let me buy it and still doesnt 

5 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

What the club is doing regarding ticketing is absolutely baffling. I had an hour’s drive to get a ticket to someone this morning as I would have been unable to meet them off their bus and they can’t stand up for too long.

He was telling me that the supporters bus he used to use has now been cancelled because the majority can’t sort out tickets and aren’t willing to jump through all the hoops presented to them. I don’t think the majority on here are truly understanding the impact this is having on a certain demographic of our support.

If I ran a business and the customer numbers fell by 10,000 I would be highly concerned. It seems a pretty shambolic way to run any business, let alone one purporting to be short of cash. 

Shame really because it is refreshing to be watching a group of players clearly giving everything for the shirt. 

What supporters bus does he use mate maybe I can help.

3 hours ago, Cook1988 said:

How do I print my forest ticket? So I've renewed and bought a forest ticket at the same time as season ticket on direct debit but I can't see where to get my forest ticket. 

Unless they are not out yet 

Forest tickets been out ages mate.

It seems that the ticket office is back open my dad isn’t too tech savvy so managed to speak to the club secretary who sorted out his tickets. I agree the whole ticketing is a bit of a farce.

just out of interest I’m in two minds about buying a season ticket this year as I’ll be visiting my partner every other weekend in Lincoln would it be worth getting one or be cheaper just buying the individual tickets as I know Derby has a variable pricing structure?