Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

I think I should put myself forward for the role if I'm honest.

I bring no experience, qualifications, drive, ambition or ability. Thus, I believe I am the ideal candidate to continue the forest tradition of installing these qualities into the players, staff and facilities of notts forest.

I promise to wear a red and white tie, either traditional or rambo style.

I believe in returing forest to where they belong.

and above all else, I'm happy to tow the owner's prefered line until my sacking and massive pay off. Oh yes, I can bring to the job performance so bad it's probably worth millions to just have me stop doing it.

I await confirmation of the details of my announcment photo shoot and promotional squad pretending to be happy session. The prosphetic additional fingers and toes are negotiable.

Kind regards etc...

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

23 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I think he's a good manager. Did a very good job at Swansea with limited resources. But no one will ever succeed at forest with the way they are run. 

Gotta disagree.  A team still receiving parachute payments and also still a good squad, I would say play-offs would be the absolute minimum to expect.

To get there playing turgid football puts him in the Clement mould for me. 

Forest don't have the players Swansea had. 

If he is good with kids then how long will they need to wait before that bears fruit? 2 years, 3?  Can you imagine watching Clement-ball for 3 years and still finishing bottom half?

For me Wilder is the best unemployed English manager at the moment, with a track record of taking Sheffield United from League One to the Premier League and then competing very effectively towards the top of the PL on a limited budget. I suggest it only went wrong because of Covid and the empty grounds. 

According to Sky the Gumps help talks with Wilder but have decided to pursue other options (ie Cooper). 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11727/12409759/steve-cooper-in-talks-with-nottingham-forest-after-chris-hughton-is-sacked-by-championship-club

If Wilder was considering it, they'd be mad not to pull out all the stops to bring him in. 

20 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He's had roles bringing through English youth, but his provenance in dealing with lower division Portuguese is less known. 

Didn't he also fall out with the Swansea owner in which case I'd give him no more than 6 months under demis roussos..... ?

Well, they want to get a move on, he won’t be available Forever an Ever will he?

3 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

In our race to the bottom you’ve taken a massive lead. 

I was talking to a fellow of the red persuasion at work today, before this announcement, and we agreed that both sets of fans will take the piss if we both go down against the team that finishes higher.

Two bald men fighting over a comb was mentioned.

Its yours to lose now!