v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

6 minutes ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Hope the fans get behind Roos, scapegoated a lot. When he played last season he was pretty solid with very few errors, but with the Wembley howler I know a lot are still quick to get on his back. 

Derby fans? Nah, don't believe it! 

Roos 

Byrne 

Davies 

Stearman

Buchanan 

Shinnie Sibley Bird 

Lawrence 

Joz 

Stretton

This year will be massive for Stretton, I see him being a great striker for Derby as long as he can shake off the little injuries he gets, he’s so quick and always gets his shot off early. If the go with CKR I’d like to see him play instead of Joz. 
I actually think our starting 11 is good enough to beat Huddersfield, it’s the Bench where we have a real problem.

On 05/08/2021 at 19:06, Dimmu said:

Roos

Byrne  Cashin  Forsyth  Buchanan (or Williams)

Bird   Shinnie

Ebosele       Sibley       Jozwiak

CKR

Easy three points.

We can’t know how these things pan out but the 3 behind CKR are pretty dynamic .. it’s a yes from me .. except I don’t like seeing Bird too far back … humm 

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I know some folk will say it's no excuse, but I know of at least one fan who has barely missed a game in 60 years who won't be going as he can't print-off an e-ticket and doesn't have a Smart 'Phone. That really is a crap situation for lots of older fans.

Well if you know him print one off for him?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well if you know him print one off for him?

He lives 80 miles from me and I'm not going (it's just the straw that broke the camels back).

DCFC should be bending over backwards to make it easy for fans to attend, they make me puke, (even though they are no different to lots of "retailers" in this regard, but that is still no excuse).

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

He lives 80 miles from me and I'm not going (it's just the straw that broke the camels back).

DCFC should be bending over backwards to make it easy for fans to attend, they make me puke, (even though they are no different to lots of "retailers" in this regard, but that is still no excuse).

Well sometimes things don't go how we'd like. Don't you know anyone who could print the ticket for him and meet him at the ground?

17 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I know some folk will say it's no excuse, but I know of at least one fan who has barely missed a game in 60 years who won't be going as he can't print-off an e-ticket and doesn't have a Smart 'Phone. That really is a crap situation for lots of older fans.

It is phenomenally strange, not having a phone line or ticket office open.  For a club that is supposedly up crap creek to throw away thousands of pounds seems more than incompetent, so much so my minds whirring as to some clandestine reason for limiting the crowd. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It is phenomenally strange, not having a phone line or ticket office open.  For a club that is supposedly up crap creek to throw away thousands of pounds seems more than incompetent, so much so my minds whirring as to some clandestine reason for limiting the crowd. 

I don't understand why it's not possible either with the almost complete removal of national covid restrictions.

18 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Roos 

Byrne 

Davies 

Stearman

Buchanan 

Shinnie Sibley Bird 

Lawrence 

Joz 

Stretton

This year will be massive for Stretton, I see him being a great striker for Derby as long as he can shake off the little injuries he gets, he’s so quick and always gets his shot off early. If the go with CKR I’d like to see him play instead of Joz. 
I actually think our starting 11 is good enough to beat Huddersfield, it’s the Bench where we have a real problem.

CKR will probably be the main striker. However, I agree with the thinking that Stratton could be a hidden gem this season. He has a massive opportunity to get regular minutes off the bench, and if he can show an eye for goal and grab a couple, who knows what could happen. Imagine us getting a 20 goal striker from our academy. He’s not played above national league level, but he’s shown he’s got an instinct to finish, and that can translate to any level of the game. High hopes, if very cautious!

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Even Notts County a number of leagues below us in the football pyramid (well as of writing this anyway) had their ticket office open which is how I got mine for last Sunday's game. 

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Probably can't afford to pay/employ the staff to run it.