Bobby Duncan

Animal is a Ram

48 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

I hope he's still got a chance here and knuckles down. He should get regular u23's games this season of all seasons. 

Could be our Micheal Owen. 

I hope he gets his career going with us, or any league team, you always wish success on youngsters …but at 18 Micheal Owen was timing a perfect run to receive a pass and with blistering pace to hit a goal for England. Bobby Duncan isn’t ever going to do that.

There's very little in Bobby Duncan's footballing history over the last few years - including his time with us - to suggest we should care whether he stays or goes. I'd love him to prove me wrong, but he doesn't seem the type who would bother, even if he had the potential, which I have no reason to believe he does. More the type who reaches thirty, and finds himself boring his pub team with stories about how he'd have been an England regular if he hadn't been so hard done by 

Edited by vonwright

5 hours ago, vonwright said:

There's very little in Bobby Duncan's footballing history over the last few years - including his time with us - to suggest we should care whether he stays or goes. I'd love him to prove me wrong, but he doesn't seem the type who would bother, even if he had the potential, which I have no reason to believe he does. More the type who reaches thirty, and finds himself boring his pub team with stories about how he'd have been an England regular if he hadn't been so hard done by 

I think this is a tad harsh to be honest. He's definitely had his head turned by a rather grubby agent in the past, but he's been posting videos over the beak of him doing some extra wok on his own and given he's elected to stay and fight for his future at the club, let's just see how things go. I agree he's up against it but it wouldn't be the biggest surprise to see him prove us all wrong.

5 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think this is a tad harsh to be honest. He's definitely had his head turned by a rather grubby agent in the past, but he's been posting videos over the beak of him doing some extra wok on his own and given he's elected to stay and fight for his future at the club, let's just see how things go. I agree he's up against it but it wouldn't be the biggest surprise to see him prove us all wrong.

You might be right about it being too harsh. I guess he's still a young man, and was younger still when he left Liverpool. In any case i'd be very happy if he stays and makes an impact, but there's very little in his footballing career that makes that likely. 

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

But even this - why is he posting these videos? 

I'm pretty sure just about every pro footballer still continues some level of exercise in the off-season.

I took it as a "Look at me".

In his one game to shine, he looked absolutely miles off against Chorley, not even Conf standard.

For me, the sooner he is gone, so he's not a talking point, the better.

It's fine for him to talk the talk. 

If he can back it up he will be forgiven and welcomed back into the fold. 

He's a ram until he isn't. 

Let's leave him alone and see how he gets on. I think he's a man in a hurry and Derby are saying sorry old son, you have to be patient and earn your place, starting with the U23s. 

There's plenty of competition there before he even gets close to first team action. 

1 hour ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

“Duncan be our own Michael Owen” was stated…….. My joke was referencing that Duncan has more chance of being a commentator as Owen now is rather than a prolific striker. Nothing worse than having to explain your joke ??‍♂️??

He’s a pundit, not a commentator. 

2 hours ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

“Duncan be our own Michael Owen” was stated…….. My joke was referencing that Duncan has more chance of being a commentator as Owen now is rather than a prolific striker. Nothing worse than having to explain your joke ??‍♂️??

Why does Duncan want to become a commentator? 

You normally only have to explain a joke if it's crap. 

4 hours ago, rammieib said:

But even this - why is he posting these videos? 

I'm pretty sure just about every pro footballer still continues some level of exercise in the off-season.

I took it as a "Look at me".

CKR was putting videos up of his summer training. 

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Let's be honest all his "problems" at the club could probably change in very quick time if he trains hard and scores goals.

It would be very hard for the manager, local media, twitter fans and forum fans to ignore him if we are struggling for goals and he has m, say, 5 goals in 8 games for the youth team.

He wouldn't even have to be getting hattricks and tearing the u23s to pieces in order to get a look in.

We are so short of quality that any bit of form would see him at least on the bench. As stretton has proved.

• 2 weeks later...