Bobby Duncan

Animal is a Ram

13 hours ago, tombomb said:

Why are we doing this? if were not gaining a spot to bring another player we are just sending out one of the only options we currently have if kaz gets injured

He's the type who needs to play off a big CF and cannot play that leading role by himself. The only place he can play in a 4231 is the AM role, but he hasn't got the all round game to play that in the Championship

With the lack of options in our squad, I expected him to start challenging for a first team place. I suppose he was told Kazim, Baldock and Stretton will be the first team options this season and he didn't think he'd get a chance. Plange has already performed better than him at U23 level too. WIth Cybulski stepping up to the U23s this move works out well for both parties.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He's the type who needs to play off a big CF and cannot play that leading role by himself. The only place he can play in a 4231 is the AM role, but he hasn't got the all round game to play that in the Championship

With the lack of options in our squad, I expected him to start challenging for a first team place. I suppose he was told Kazim, Baldock and Stretton will be the first team options this season and he didn't think he'd get a chance. Plange has already performed better than him at U23 level too. WIth Cybulski stepping up to the U23s this move works out well for both parties.

I agree with the above.  It was mentioned in the Jack Marriott thread that we do seem to bring in players who have done well in a system which we don't actually play. Jonny Russell actually came to us as a forward but we converted him into an attacking midfielder, so it can work, but not sure why we don't scout round pegs for round holes.

Not really seen enough of Duncan to make comment, but he does seem to be the type of player that prefers to work in a pair up front.  

Kind Regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

46 minutes ago, David said:

Didn’t we sign him on a free so no loss? 

Not quite no loss, from The Athletic:

"It had seemed earlier this week that Duncan was on the verge of securing another transfer — his fourth in as many summers. Discussions were held in Denmark with Vejle Boldklub but The Athletic has been told that terms were not agreed. His departure would have saved around £3k a week in wages, with Derby willing to let him leave for free. Duncan is yet to return to the club and officials are understood to be furious."

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

"It had seemed earlier this week that Duncan was on the verge of securing another transfer — his fourth in as many summers. Discussions were held in Denmark with Vejle Boldklub but The Athletic has been told that terms were not agreed. His departure would have saved around £3k a week in wages, with Derby willing to let him leave for free. Duncan is yet to return to the club and officials are understood to be furious."

Didn’t think we would actually lose him as in lose HIM.

Anyone tried ringing his parents?

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The Club are furious ? I  will give Duncan the benefit of the doubt at the mo. He may simply have fallen alseep in a Manchester Hotel. 

Pure opinion and conjecture and he's only a child but boy does he seem like a *******.

If he was half as talented or as hardworking as his social media would have you believe then he would have been given a chance at Liverpool (albeit a loan probably), Fiorentina or here. 

Get your head down and let your football do the talking.

3 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Pure opinion and conjecture and he's only a child but boy does he seem like a *******.

If he was half as talented or as hardworking as his social media would have you believe then he would have been given a chance at Liverpool (albeit a loan probably), Fiorentina or here. 

Get your head down and let your football do the talking.

He's another player who will steal a living based on his family connections and time in high profile academies. I fully expect him to be pulling this same poo for several years complete with fans passing around YouTube clips of that one time he scored for Fiorentina reserves and fatuous ex players waffling about how he could've been one of the greats if not for his crippling mental health issues.

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

He's another player who will steal a living based on his family connections and time in high profile academies. I fully expect him to be pulling this same poo for several years complete with fans passing around YouTube clips of that one time he scored for Fiorentina reserves and fatuous ex players waffling about how he could've been one of the greats if not for his crippling mental health issues.

Morrison has at least demonstrated his ability at first team level, albeit briefly. 5 goals and 2 assists in 21 games for West Ham in the first half of the 13/14 season, with 6 goals and 2 assists in 17 games for QPR in the second half of that season as they beat us in the playoffs.

Duncan's career highlight to date is finishing the 18/19 season as the U18 PL joint 3rd top scorer, level with Whittaker having played more games.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Probably furious that he couldn't agree terms...

If he has gone AWOL then at least we can be fining him...

But either way, no smoke without mirrors and if he hasn't returned when he should have done, for me, it just sums his personality up all over!

I always remember Wenger talking about Giggs (I don’t want to get in to Ryans off field behaviour which sounds a bit grim) 

But there was Giggs scoring in the prem aged 38 .. Wenger said .. “think of the work, think of the sacrifice to reach that level AND  stay there.”

I sort of get the feeling that with Duncan was in the door, saw what was available and thought .. I am good enough for that … but the work / sacrifice side of it didn’t quite reach his attitude ?