Bobby Duncan

Animal is a Ram

If he's gone AWOL then he's a total moron.

He had a reputation for spitting his dummy out before he came to us, despite his protestations that he's changed, he hasn't. He seems to think he's got some devine right to be playing first team football but he needs to understand that clubs tend not to put petulant kids that haven't shown anything on the training pitch in their first team.

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This lad needs to knuckle down and prove people wrong, needs to earn a place in the our match day squad.

We are severely limited in his position so the route to the first team is there for him to stake a claim and the opportunity for young strikers to make it at the club has never been so accessible.

Not since the Malcolm Christie breakthrough season has this possibility been on offer! It’s all on him now, take your chance Bobby it’s now or never.

If he still can’t pull his socks up and see what’s right in front of him, then he needs to consider a career change. 

If reports of the lad going AWOL are true it's pretty disappointing. Always been quite supportive as he's a young lad who has clearly been very poorly advised at times and has got a load of pelters for it too. That said, if he's desperate for a move as seems to be the case, then refusing to train isn't the smartest move, not by a long chalk.

Club owes him nothing but he does seem to think the world in general does. Shame, as he's got bags of talent but perhaps not the head to go with it. I'd be looking to cancel his contract to be honest. Can't be paying players who don't turn up for work. 

On 29/07/2021 at 10:59, Taribo said:

Pure opinion and conjecture and he's only a child but boy does he seem like a *******.

If he was half as talented or as hardworking as his social media would have you believe then he would have been given a chance at Liverpool (albeit a loan probably), Fiorentina or here. 

Get your head down and let your football do the talking.

i dont know where he could have got that attitude from

I see his move to the Danish club has fallen through. Passed his medical agreed terms then he decided against it. Back with the Rams then

Hopefully the penny’s dropped and all the hard work he was showing us over the summer needs to happen every training session.

If he’s as good as he thinks he is,and keeps his head down it will happen.

I’d imagine training with an attitude never goes down well.  He had a good chance at Chorley and didn’t stand out.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he backed out at the last minute due to our circumstances right here.

He surely must have aspirations of breaking through here, so with us taking Baldock in and playing him in friendlies that must have been a kick in the teeth for him.

But now, given the prolonged embargo, it’s likely Duncan could start the season as our back-up striker and a fixed member of the first-team squad.

Surely this is his chance. He’s got to grab it!

Edited by Bris Vegas

48 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But now, given the prolonged embargo, it’s likely Duncan could start the season as our back-up striker and a fixed member of the first-team squad.

Surely this is his chance. He’s got to grab it!

Have you actually seen him play? From the small glimpses we've seen then I'd rather Plange or Cybulski got in in front of him - indeed the do in the U23s.

He probably got cold feet or an offer from England.

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Have you actually seen him play? From the small glimpses we've seen then I'd rather Plange or Cybulski got in in front of him - indeed the do in the U23s.

He probably got cold feet or an offer from England.

From most accounts he hasn’t stood out at U23 level which is a shame. He’s probably one of those who has more natural ability but is unable to show it when it matters.

16 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

From most accounts he hasn’t stood out at U23 level which is a shame. He’s probably one of those who has more natural ability but is unable to show it when it matters.

He has barely played. Just an occasional sub. He is tidy on the ball, but is small and lacks pace. You have to have a lot of ability if you are small and average paced. 

9 minutes ago, sage said:

He has barely played. Just an occasional sub. He is tidy on the ball, but is small and lacks pace. You have to have a lot of ability if you are small and average paced. 

Similar height and build to Marcus Tudgay? Maybe Bobby Duncan came through 15 years too late.