Bobby Duncan

Animal is a Ram

1 hour ago, GangwayD said:

Could be wrong but I think Jacob Laursen started his career here, plus he's back local coaching.  

Doubtful but did wonder if there is any connection him going here because as someone mentioned it's an odd choice.  

No real axe to grind with Duncan and wish him well.

Cheers

Gangway D from the terrace

Genuine Question. Curious, why do you sign off at the end of comments?

you do realise we can see who posted by looking above the post and spotting the bold font to the left? 

cheers

Mostyn from the block

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

I don't get the hate?

Joined us for free, is probably leaving for free, a shot to nothing that didn't work out.

He's a kid, I wish him well.

On that note does he count as one of the “established first teamers” I seem to think he played in that cup tie .. so if he does leave that’s a space for a signing 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

On that note does he count as one of the “established first teamers” I seem to think he played in that cup tie .. so if he does leave that’s a space for a signing 

That cup tie no longer counts

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Genuine Question. Curious, why do you sign off at the end of comments?

you do realise we can see who posted by looking above the post and spotting the bold font to the left? 

cheers

Mostyn from the block

Could catch on me thinks!!

Gisby from the hood 

4 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Why are we doing this? if were not gaining a spot to bring another player we are just sending out one of the only options we currently have if kaz gets injured

Because he isnt anywhere close to the first team & it could mean abit of income, Stretton & Lawrence would be ahead him and thats with no incomings.

On the site with the potential weekly wages he was down as having about 3.5k a week too which is alot for someone his age nowhere near the first team

Edited by DCFC1388

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Sooner or later Bobby Duncan is going to have to stay at a club long enough to fight for a place and prove he is worth all the hype.

I haven't see any evidence of it at Derby, tbh. 

I nearly posted something a few days ago as it appeared from his Insta that Duncan was cutting his ties with Derby, but I didn't want to spread a potentially false rumour. Especially when what you say is so true. Plus what it seemed to me was that with how things are going at Derby, there surely couldn't be a better club for a fringe striker to be at if he wanted to work really hard and force his way into the first team and then show the world what he felt he was capable of doing. We are so short of strikers, why would he leave unless it was apparent to everyone he was never going to make it? What a shame. But he has shown nothing.

10 hours ago, tombomb said:

Why are we doing this? if were not gaining a spot to bring another player we are just sending out one of the only options we currently have if kaz gets injured

He's not really an option though is he? He couldn't get into the U23s so he's got no chance at 1st team level. Just someone taking up a wage and adding no value. Good luck to him, and people at the club may or may not feel it was worth a try, but I'm glad to see we're not messing around with shipping players out who show no signs of contributing. 

I know we look like a benevolence home for football's waifs and strays, and needs must and all that, but there can't and shouldn't be room for sentiment.