Who will be our first signing?

RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Let’s face it it’s very DCFC social media to do some daft ott announcement at 12.05 confirming all 8 are in.

Personally I hope they are going for a celebrity squares mock up and this is taking time because they’ve had to build the set.

Katie Boyle and Arthur Mullard would be useful additions

7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Let’s face it it’s very DCFC social media to do some daft ott announcement at 12.05 confirming all 8 are in.

Personally I hope they are going for a celebrity squares mock up and this is taking time because they’ve had to build the set.

Gosh thanks for sharing. I used to love Celebrity Squares. 

You would never get such a stellar cast on a panel show these days. 

And what an outfit Bob M is wearing! 

If we can only sign players for 6 months and they prove to be not much use then this could be an advantage to us. If they cannot do it in their first six months playing for s further contract then hey ho. How many previous signings would we have sent back after six months if that had been possible.

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Gosh thanks for sharing. I used to love Celebrity Squares. 

You would never get such a stellar cast on a panel show these days. 

And what an outfit Bob M is wearing! 

The Derby version would have Bob Malcom presenting. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I demand a countdown clock at the top of the page.

50 minutes remaining

As others have pointed out, just because a player has signed doesn't mean they have to be announced instantly. I'm not letting my hopes disappear until the day is out or someone from the club says no one is coming. 

Think Curtis and Jagielka are the sensible first ones, at least give us a competitive side for game one, albeit lacking depth. 

Not sure on a few trialists, appears Mel went a bit mad with regards to bringing through youth at any costs, but would we want to see a bang average forward like Baldock in ahead of the likes of Stretton? Get what’s necessary ASAP, then we (fingers crossed) have the rest of august to find players of a slightly better quality at least. 

11 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

As others have pointed out, just because a player has signed doesn't mean they have to be announced instantly. I'm not letting my hopes disappear until the day is out or someone from the club says no one is coming. 

I know how it works, but there's no fun in that

30 Minutes Illustration GIF