Has Shay Given up?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What are you making up? Someone is deemed more fitted for one job than another and you throw a hissy fit?

To carry on the Reggie Perrin theme….we didn’t get to where we are today by making bad decisions did we Macca ??

7 hours ago, richinspain said:

If the interview was carried out singing, perhaps opera style, then @Inverurie Ram would have it saved on a hard drive somewhere.

hard drive?.......what's that?.......DLF avenue?

..............I'm still recording repeats of Top of the Pops on my VHS video recorder and using the little stickers in the box to put on the VHS cassette to remind me what's on the video cassette!

Popping out in a minute with my personal cassette recorder blasting the tunes, with my orange headphones on!

Old Skool Punk Coming At Ya!

42 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

hard drive?.......what's that?.......DLF avenue?

..............I'm still recording repeats of Top of the Pops on my VHS video recorder and using the little stickers in the box to put on the VHS cassette to remind me what's on the video cassette!

Popping out in a minute with my personal cassette recorder blasting the tunes, with my orange headphones on!

Old Skool Punk Coming At Ya!

Do you have any cases to put them in designed like an old set of leather books and is the video recorder in a faux mahogany corner unit with leaded glass? Is the walkman one if those with the switch you push to reverse/destroy the tape without having to turn it around ? if not you have more to do. Perhaps treat yourself to top loader VCR. The real deal.

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Do you have any cases to put them in designed like an old set of leather books and is the video recorder in a faux mahogany corner unit with leaded glass? Is the walkman one if those with the switch you push to reverse/destroy the tape without having to turn it around ? if not you have more to do. Perhaps treat yourself to top loader VCR. The real deal.

Don't mention Toploader, he'll be posting videos in no time.

6 hours ago, minesahartington said:

So Shay didn’t work out as goalkeeping coach so we made him a different coach? Can’t make it up

As a goalkeeper I assume they figured that he would have ideas on set pieces around the goal.  We did score a couple of goals from corner routines attributed to Given.  ?

Absolutely none of you actually know what Shay does/did day by day so to speculate on his abilities as a coach is pretty baseless, just because we had a bad season last year. The buck stops with the manager with regards to results. His coaches do what he tells them to do.

He gets way too much credit for those set piece routines there were videos of teams in minor leagues (Scandinavian I think) doing the rounds on Twitter about a week before we tried it in a game.

He saw a video and didn’t come up with the plays.

i dont think we will miss him

DET: "Shay is currently in the middle of negotiating a new deal," Rooney said.

"But like everything else things have been put on hold at the minute until everything gets sorted.

"He is a coach I want to bring back in to work with us because he is a vital part of what we are trying to do, but for the time being that's on hold so myself, Liam (Rosenior), Justin (Walker) and Jason (Pearcey) have to obviously carry on doing our jobs and make sure we get the lads ready."

Part of me doesn’t want him back - I’ve never understood what he has really offered. 

However you have to trust Rooney and if he wants him, then you need to support your manager.

Strange though that a number of players are prepared to train and trial without a contract but Shay hasn’t?

24 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Part of me doesn’t want him back - I’ve never understood what he has really offered. 

However you have to trust Rooney and if he wants him, then you need to support your manager.

Strange though that a number of players are prepared to train and trial without a contract but Shay hasn’t?

Absolutely. This doesn’t make sense to me? There’s something more to it surely?

• 2 weeks later...

"Ten days ago Rooney said Given’s absence from the friendly against Manchester United was because the Irishman was “currently in the middle of negotiating a new deal”.

That deal, however, has not materialised and Given, 45, is now a free agent. He is considering offers in both football and the media."

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Ten days ago Rooney said Given’s absence from the friendly against Manchester United was because the Irishman was “currently in the middle of negotiating a new deal”.

That deal, however, has not materialised and Given, 45, is now a free agent. He is considering offers in both football and the media."

No goalkeeping coach?

I guess where we are heading we dont need one of those.