Has the transfer embargo been lifted?

oldtimeram

38 minutes ago, roboto said:

The date for our resubmission of accounts is next week. I'm sure that this will allow the embargo to be lifted or softened before the end of the transfer window. In which case we should be able to sign more players on a less restrictive salary cap.

Depends what it is the EFL and Derby are disagreeing about regarding our pre submittal of the accounts. If its that extra £30mill from the stadium that we want to pull out of the air i'd suggest we might be going the other way regarding player signings. We don't know for sure what said sticking point is, but if it is the above surely we just back down if we're compliant without it.

46 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Might be as simple as he had another club waiting and we need cover for Roos - we might be hoping to either sell or release Marshall to free  up a chunk of his wages for others? 

You'd hope so, got to be happening quick. We need weapons and pace at both ends.

58 minutes ago, angieram said:

On the converse side of that, now we have our full complement of 'players of professional standing' it should mean we can bring on the young players who haven't previously played if needed without affecting that number going forward? 

Depends if we want to move some one out to create a space doesn't it. If someone goes but a Cashin or a Thompson has played then there's no slot to bring anyone in!

Crazy rules really, discouraging the use of youngsters and keeping unemployed footballers out of work!

15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Depends what it is the EFL and Derby are disagreeing about regarding our pre submittal of the accounts. If its that extra £30mill from the stadium that we want to pull out of the air i'd suggest we might be going the other way regarding player signings. We don't know for sure what said sticking point is, but if it is the above surely we just back down if we're compliant without it.

Yeah, best case scenario is to be cleared completely, but I think worst case scenario is take that hit without the extra £30m stadium stuff and then be able to clear the HMRC stuff (I read that we’re waiting to know what the actual bill is based on accounts submissions - could be fake news though) and then be in a softer embargo than we currently are.

Either way we can’t have any more restrictions added with regards to playing squad than we currently do.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

On the converse side of that, now we have our full complement of 'players of professional standing' it should mean we can bring on the young players who haven't previously played if needed without affecting that number going forward? 

Well depending we don’t want to bring in anybody else, then yes. But Rooney has made it pretty clear he does want more in.

If we have 23 current “professional” players and give debuts to 3 players in the coming weeks for example, then we’d have to get rid of 4 players just to bring one in. As soon as Rooney chooses to play players like Cashin, Williams etc, then I think we can assume nobody else will be arriving until the mess with the EFL is properly sorted.

20 hours ago, roboto said:

Yeah, best case scenario is to be cleared completely, but I think worst case scenario is take that hit without the extra £30m stadium stuff and then be able to clear the HMRC stuff (I read that we’re waiting to know what the actual bill is based on accounts submissions - could be fake news though) and then be in a softer embargo than we currently are.

Either way we can’t have any more restrictions added with regards to playing squad than we currently do.

HMRC stuff (I read that we’re waiting to know what the actual bill is based on accounts submissions - could be fake news though)

Yes that is fake news, VAT figures are submitted quarterly to HMRC and paye/NI monthly, corporation tax sis separate and that is submitted annually.

But as we are posting large losses no corporation tax to pay. 

51 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Rooney said yesterday that if thompson or cashin came on they would have taken ravel's spot 

so when ravel plays on tueday does that mean thompson and cashin cannot play until the embargo is lifted

what a mess 

That is correct, however Steve Nicholson said that Williams can play as he is still a scholar.

30 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

That is correct, however Steve Nicholson said that Williams can play as he is still a scholar.

Missed something there. Are you saying that now that Morrison is our last signing whilst embargoed (who brings us up to 23 professional standing players) that Cashin and Thompson cannot play or just that they couldn't play before signing Morrison?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Missed something there. Are you saying that now that Morrison is our last signing whilst embargoed (who brings us up to 23 professional standing players) that Cashin and Thompson cannot play or just that they couldn't play before signing Morrison?

Surely they’ll be able to play? I get not being able to sign more players if you’re in an embargo (however frustrating it may be) but it would make no sense saying we aren’t allowed to play the players we already have.

in conclusion it wouldn’t make any sense whatsoever but then neither does the EFL. So who knows? ?‍♂️