Gareth Southgate

rynny

15 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

All you've done there is list all there best players and all our worst players who didn't even play, what does that prove?

Croatia were an aging team, your forgetting that Liverpool player from Croatia was Lovren, so not exactly amazing. There other CB played for Dynamo Kyiv. There LB couldn't get in Sampdoria's team. Why also leave out the fact Croatia also had players from the likes of Gent, Lokomotiv Moscow and Rijeka?

It was our first test of the tournament and lost, but the FA still think Southgate is doing a great job

Everything you need to know about someone.......has a picture of possibly the worst footballer and most disruptive piece of dog excrement that has ever played at our club as his avatar thingy....

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Im hearing 5 at the back, no Gralish, Foden or Mount. ?

I've just hear he is playing me as a fleet footed play maker, and you up front as a Mick Harford style bull, with Angry junior and Harry Styles as marauding wing backs....... reckon we are on to a winner...

Its coming home..

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Everything you need to know about someone.......has a picture of possibly the worst footballer and most disruptive piece of dog excrement that has ever played at our club as his avatar thingy....

Why are you getting personal? Just because I have a funny picture of Keogh as an avatar doesn't mean I like him.? 

2 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Why are you getting personal? Just because I have a funny picture of Keogh as an avatar doesn't mean I like him.? 

Nothing personal at all, I just wouldnt have the knobcheesefuckfacewasteofspace anywhere near anything to do with me, thats all..

Edited by MuespachRam

7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

??? don't think Keogh was that bad

13 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Since putting that he has now beat a good nation for the first time in a tournament, now would be the time to consider offering him a new contract, not before.

Obviously we aren’t counting the fact that he has also beaten the World Cup finalists and a team already in the last 8 of the Euros…..because they can’t be any good…

13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Obviously we aren’t counting the fact that he has also beaten the World Cup finalists and a team already in the last 8 of the Euros…..because they can’t be any good…

Croatia aren't the team they were in 2018, they're even older and 4 key players retired. Czech Republic are decent but did you see how bad the Netherlands were? They also had a red card. 

Southgate even said himself it's inappropriate to talk about new contracts mid tournament.

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

Croatia aren't the team they were in 2018, they're even older and 4 key players retired. Czech Republic are decent but did you see how bad the Netherlands were? They also had a red card. 

Southgate even said himself it's inappropriate to talk about new contracts mid tournament.

so what you are saying id they shouldnt have offered him a new contract pre tounrnament, but after 1 win that they should have but now you realised it is mid tournament so they shouldnt have again.........??

Croatia and the Czech republic are both very very good teams.....and Gareth stuffed them both....

24 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

so what you are saying id they shouldnt have offered him a new contract pre tounrnament, but after 1 win that they should have but now you realised it is mid tournament so they shouldnt have again.........??

Croatia and the Czech republic are both very very good teams.....and Gareth stuffed them both....

“Stuffed” is a stretch ?

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

No, I've been consistent in saying he should only be offered a new contract if he does well after this tournament is finished. 

Everyone's happy England are winning obviously but if we lose to Ukraine or Denmark/Czechia then I still don't think we should extend his contract beyond 2022 immediately, but he's done enough to stay for 2022, then assess him after that.

Why are you also ignoring the fact we couldn't even score against the worst team in the tournament in Scotland?

Edited by DCFClks

12 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

No, I've been consistent in saying he should only be offered a new contract if he does well after this tournament is finished. 

Everyone's happy England are winning obviously but if we lose to Ukraine or Denmark/Czechia then I still don't think we should extend his contract beyond 2022 immediately, but he's done enough to stay for 2022, then assess him after that.

Why are you also ignoring the fact we couldn't even score against the worst team in the tournament in Scotland?

We should offer him a contract until the year 3000, he has already done well enough in this tournament.

Scotland aren't the worst team in the tournament.... get over yourself.... we didnt need to beat them, we had won our first game so were through to the next round with just a point, which we got easily, and sent them out of the tournament too... thoroughly professional performance, no point wasting any energy on it. easy.

9 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Everyone's happy England are winning obviously but if we lose to Ukraine or Denmark/Czechia then I still don't think we should extend his contract beyond 2022, but he's done enough to stay for 2022, then assess him after that.

Scotland was a weird one off game. Yes it was not great viewing but don't forget we did hit the post twice in that game as well so could easily have got another 1-0. 

I don't understand your complaining about Gareth. Do you honestly think there's a better option than Southgate at the moment?

So many England games over the years I have thought 'wish we could just grind out a 1-0 win here' then we end up losing. Just enjoy the tournament for what it is. 

2 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Scotland was a weird one off game. Yes it was not great viewing but don't forget we did hit the post twice in that game as well so could easily have got another 1-0. 

I don't understand your complaining about Gareth. Do you honestly think there's a better option than Southgate at the moment?

So many England games over the years I have thought 'wish we could just grind out a 1-0 win here' then we end up losing. Just enjoy the tournament for what it is. 

I'm not complaining, how many times do I have to tell you? I was just opposed to giving him a contract extension before we even played Germany. He's already here for the next World Cup which he deserves, why not just see how he does then and then assess giving him a new contract?